dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview November 2019

680 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Can you please explain what IL is. Thanks!

Also, DQ (Documentarily Qualified), is it the same as CC (Case Complete)?

We got a DQ email today. Does that mean that our case is complete?

I graduated I am at this thread now.  Congratulations to those that got DQ'd 

01/28/2019 - Mailed Express Mail USCIS Lockbox Phoenix

01/29/2019 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox
02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
1 hour ago, portorusa said:

Wow, great pic, thanks! They allowed the dog on lap the whole flight? What air company was that?

Yes he was allowed to be with us in the cabin as an emotional support dog. Our flight was through American Airlines 🙂

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
6 hours ago, Nody said:

I'm still waiting for the IL! 

Cairo is ridiculous I know..

Omg. I'm so sorry. Insallah this month it will happen..

Timeline
58 minutes ago, Blair86 said:

Visa approved today, everyone!!! So so happy. Thank you all for your support!

Did not need to have a new I-864 after all. Since my husband got a new job I thought we needed to do a new I-864 to show his new income etc (we were using assets to meet requirements) but it was overkill apparently. I advised that he got a new job and that I had the job offer letter with me but the officer didn’t need it. He asked questions of how we met, how many people were at the wedding, what my husband does for a living and where we are going to live and made small talk. Whole thing felt more like a conversation really. 

Glad to be done. Feel free to ask me any other questions!

Congrats! I literally am re-doing my I-864 right now because I got a new job. (I moved back to the US two months ago to re-establish domicile.) We emailed the consulate and they said "Your husband may bring an updated I-864 to his interview. It can be scanned." (Paraphrasing but that's the main point.) My husband is also taking my offer letter and a pay stub. I don't think that means he will definitely be asked about for this stuff but rather have overkill! We also have a joint sponsor (my brother, unmarried with no kids). I'm nervous even though our case is straightforward! 

His interview is Tuesday! Any other tips?!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline
31 minutes ago, gonzolux said:

Congrats! I literally am re-doing my I-864 right now because I got a new job. (I moved back to the US two months ago to re-establish domicile.) We emailed the consulate and they said "Your husband may bring an updated I-864 to his interview. It can be scanned." (Paraphrasing but that's the main point.) My husband is also taking my offer letter and a pay stub. I don't think that means he will definitely be asked about for this stuff but rather have overkill! We also have a joint sponsor (my brother, unmarried with no kids). I'm nervous even though our case is straightforward! 

His interview is Tuesday! Any other tips?!

Thank you. Ok great, yea better to have and not need. I had a thick folder of documents and they only asked to see about 5 of the documents but I had them all just in case. 

My tip would be to answer questions concise and not offer too much more information than what they asked for. Not that you’re trying to hide anything, not at all but sometimes saying more than you were asked about can open the door to even more questions and a longer or potentially more complicated interview. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Blair86 said:

Thank you. Ok great, yea better to have and not need. I had a thick folder of documents and they only asked to see about 5 of the documents but I had them all just in case. 

My tip would be to answer questions concise and not offer too much more information than what they asked for. Not that you’re trying to hide anything, not at all but sometimes saying more than you were asked about can open the door to even more questions and a longer or potentially more complicated interview. 

Thanks! I just emailed my husband at least 70 pages of documents. He got an accordion file and will have probably 200 pages or so! 

We are definitely following that tip in our interviewing practicing. Fortunately short and simple is his natural style! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
14 hours ago, melindaabdullah said:

Omg! He was approved! His Visa will be mailed to him I. 5 business days.. yay.. 

So happy for you!!!! Congratulations!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.