dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview November 2019

680 posts in this topic

I sent an email to expedite the case and received the following response:

We are reviewing your request for expedited processing of this immigrant visa petition. We will notify you with the results when the review is complete. Please note that only the U.S. Embassy or Consulate has the ability to approve or deny expedite requests.

What does this mean? They will forward my case to consulate to make decision whether to approve or deny the expedite request? My case is CR1 and CC is August 6th, 2019

On 10/3/2019 at 10:03 AM, MrsGarcia said:

My husband's request to expedite his interview date has been accepted today! I sent a request on October 1st, got the email of the case being under review yesterday October 2nd, and today at 12:50 October 3rd got the email that our case is immediately being sent to the Us embassy in Guatemala.

I can't believe how fast that was!

Hi, MrsGarcia, where to send expedite request? Thanks

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 10:44 AM, garjisme said:

Interview date: Oct 1

Visa approved for mom & dad.

Consulate: Bangladesh Embassy, Dhaka

Received IL for mom on Sept 16 (CC May 23) but didn’t receive IL for dad(CC July 23). Submitted expedite interview request for dad's interview. NVC processed it in a week ( Emailed NVC & Embassy back & forth which really helps). Finally received IL for dad 4 days before interview date, did medical and finally visa approved!

Thanks visajourney for all your support!

How long did it take them to response to your expedite request?

38 minutes ago, Riadhora said:

We are reviewing your request for expedited processing of this immigrant visa petition. We will notify you with the results when the review is complete. Please note that only the U.S. Embassy or Consulate has the ability to approve or deny expedite requests.

What does this mean? They will forward my case to consulate to make decision whether to approve or deny the expedite request? My case is CR1 and CC is August 6th, 2019

NVC doesnt just expedite to the embassy they need to see if they can handle it and if your reason is valid enough for an expedite. 

Some embassies are busy and some aren't. It's a double edge sword though. You might get approved then it's time to schedule there's no slots available.  You would be the one that's responsible to schedule not nvc

Edited by JMPM

01/28/2019 - Mailed Express Mail USCIS Lockbox Phoenix

01/29/2019 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox
02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

Filed: IR-5 Country: Bangladesh
Timeline
2 hours ago, Riadhora said:

This means NVC received your request and already sent the expedite request (not the case) to embassy. Embassy can only take the final decision.

For my dad's case, total 4 days to get the request approved. I think this timeline varies case wise.  

Timeline:

16 Sept- Submitted interview expedite request 

18 Sept- NVC emailed that they are reviewing the request

20 Sept- NVC confirmed Embassy approved the request if I already got DQ ( By this time, I emailed Embassy several times to explain my situation and they proactively worked I guess)

23 Sept- NVC sent the case to Embassy

25 Sept IL from Embassy

Best of luck on your case!

Edited by garjisme

7 hours ago, Riadhora said:

May I ask the reason you provided for the expedited request?

6 hours ago, JMPM said:

NVC doesnt just expedite to the embassy they need to see if they can handle it and if your reason is valid enough for an expedite. 

Some embassies are busy and some aren't. It's a double edge sword though. You might get approved then it's time to schedule there's no slots available.  You would be the one that's responsible to schedule not nvc

Can you schedule your own interview in that case? I believe one cannot schedule their own interview for immigrant visas online.

Just now, Cena said:

Can you schedule your own interview in that case? I believe one cannot schedule their own interview for immigrant visas online.

Normally NVC schedules everything, but with expedites you schedule your own interview. 

01/28/2019 - Mailed Express Mail USCIS Lockbox Phoenix

01/29/2019 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox
02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

5 hours ago, Cena said:

May I ask the reason you provided for the expedited request?

medical reason. She has been sick for long time. We didnt think it would

be serious. now it is getting serious even though we are kind of close to receive IL. 

6 hours ago, Riadhora said:

medical reason. She has been sick for long time. We didnt think it would

be serious. now it is getting serious even though we are kind of close to receive IL. 

We have a similar situation and I was about to make a request to expedite. But based on some comments it seems like we'd need to schedule our own interview with the embassy and the waiting time to schedule could be more depending upon the country. I am doubtful so I am trying to just patiently wait for an IL. CC Aug 2, Mumbai.. 

Those who scheduled their own interviews, can you please share your experiences with the waiting times?

23 hours ago, MrsGarcia said:

Igualmente! I wish you luck as well.

I already scheduled my interview yesterday . They the first available was November 19 :(. I did created the profile at USTraveldosc.com and emailed them thru the profile asking them when could I schedule the interview. They replied me with authorization to schedule the interview in like 20 mins.  I am still checking to see if I can find a soner date available.  Did you schedule yours?

50 minutes ago, Cena said:

We have a similar situation and I was about to make a request to expedite. But based on some comments it seems like we'd need to schedule our own interview with the embassy and the waiting time to schedule could be more depending upon the country. I am doubtful so I am trying to just patiently wait for an IL. CC Aug 2, Mumbai.. 

Those who scheduled their own interviews, can you please share your experiences with the waiting times?

Hi, I did schedule my own interview. I received the email that my case expedite was approved yesterday morning. As soon I received it. I created the profile in UStravelsdocs.com and emailed the embassy asking them when could I schedule the interview. They replied back saying I am able to schedule as soon as I want and added a link and some directions to schedule.  I have to check many times to find an available appointment but I found one in November 19. Now waiting to see if anybody cancel before that so I can reschedule.  

1 minute ago, Bray said:

Hi, I did schedule my own interview. I received the email that my case expedite was approved yesterday morning. As soon I received it. I created the profile in UStravelsdocs.com and emailed the embassy asking them when could I schedule the interview. They replied back saying I am able to schedule as soon as I want and added a link and some directions to schedule.  I have to check many times to find an available appointment but I found one in November 19. Now waiting to see if anybody cancel before that so I can reschedule.  

Also, I did attached a copy of the expedite approval email which says to contact the embassy directly for interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.