waa2100

How to bring child if i got DV lottery visa after mention no kids

66 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
3 minutes ago, geowrian said:

It very likely is in this case due to the rules governing DV applicants. The application must list all children, regardless of their intent to immigrate, or else it is considered invalid.

Seems it is.  Hinges on their ages.

OP says they filed a petition now?  That’s like a confession.  They’re hosed.

1 minute ago, Going through said:

With DV lottery, I believe it is.  

After studiously analyzing I concur.  SMH

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Please ask your friend to make an account on VJ to get advice...sometimes info coming in "third-party" can be muddled.  

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
52 minutes ago, Nitas_man said:

Existence of children who did not immigrate is not a “material” misrepresentation.

Not listing children is an automatic DQ for the DV.  So, it is a material misrepresentation to not disclose those children for the DV.

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, aaron2020 said:

Not listing children is an automatic DQ for the DV.  So, it is a material misrepresentation to not disclose those children for the DV.

If they are under 21 yes

10 hours ago, waa2100 said:
Hello all,
A friend and his wife got their green card through DV a year ago but they didn't mention that they have kids.
it's been a year now since they moved to the U.S, Now they want to bring their son to the U.S, what they should do?

Without recovering everything previously mentioned by others....

where and with whom has the child been living since they moved?

is it possible the child was in the legal care of others and recently returned to the care of the parents?

if so, would this still be considered as lying, if they had previously held no parental responsibility for the child? 

I know, it may well not be the case, but situations relevant to legal custody of children can change.. not sure how it would impact on any form of visa application however. 

AOS Journey

• I-485 etc filed 23 April 2020 
  • NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021
  • EAD approved 12 March 2021
  • Interview Completed 24 March 2021
  • EAD Card Received 1 April 2021  
  • Case under review 2 April 2021
  • New Card is Being Produced 25 September 2021
  • 10 Year Green Card Approved and Mailed 27 September 2021 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
3 hours ago, Going through said:

Please ask your friend to make an account on VJ to get advice...sometimes info coming in "third-party" can be muddled.  

I think they are shocked from my response and they are not even responding my messages anymore.

i really didn’t wanna lie to them and tell them it’s gonna be ok and that’s what they wanted to hear.

Timeline
42 minutes ago, Duke & Marie said:

Without recovering everything previously mentioned by others....

where and with whom has the child been living since they moved?

is it possible the child was in the legal care of others and recently returned to the care of the parents?

if so, would this still be considered as lying, if they had previously held no parental responsibility for the child? 

I know, it may well not be the case, but situations relevant to legal custody of children can change.. not sure how it would impact on any form of visa application however. 

The child was in their custody at the time they applied and got their green cards.

they left their child with his grandmother when they moved to the U.S a year ago.

the problem is the kid could easily just get a green card if they mentioned him in the paperwork.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Nitas_man said:

If they are under 21 yes

That’s right, only under 21yo should be disclosed if they are not a U.S citizen and they are not a permanent residence 

Timeline
6 hours ago, Boiler said:

Wonder how old the child is. Could be 30.

Unfortunately their kis is almost 6 years old 

Timeline
8 hours ago, Paul & Mary said:

Well, do they love the son enough to go back? :pop:

I really feel bad for them.

looks like they will going back and forward on him until they figure out something else they can do about him

Timeline
9 hours ago, HRQX said:

That is a clear misrepresentation. The misrepresentation was material because DOS Foreign Affairs Manual states that DV entries that don't include all eligible derivatives should be refused: https://fam.state.gov/fam/09FAM/09FAM050206.html

I really told them that and found out today they went to an attorney and filled a petition for their son.

no idea what they told the attorney about the situation.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, waa2100 said:

I really feel bad for them.

looks like they will going back and forward on him until they figure out something else they can do about him

The going back part, I see.

The going back and forward part, may be harder to accomplish since they've just put themselves on USCIS's radar now by filing for him....USCIS may move to revoke their green cards now that the jig is up.

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

I honestly don't understand why they would lie on the first place. They have complicated their immigration journey tenfold.

As others have said, they have committed misrepresentation, and they need to start being truthful about it.

Their life now hangs on the hands of an immigration officer, so they can do nothing but hope for the best and tell the truth.

Good luck to them, and I would advise them to create an account here so they can be better assisted in the future, but it seems like whatever they decide/are allowed to apply for is going to be extra scrutinised.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, ClickityClackity said:

I honestly don't understand why they would lie on the first place. They have complicated their immigration journey tenfold.

As others have said, they have committed misrepresentation, and they need to start being truthful about it.

Their life now hangs on the hands of an immigration officer, so they can do nothing but hope for the best and tell the truth.

Good luck to them, and I would advise them to create an account here so they can be better assisted in the future, but it seems like whatever they decide/are allowed to apply for is going to be extra scrutinised.

The OP friend mentioned that someone else filled out their paperwork and apparently instead of correcting an error early in the process, they compounded it in an effort to stay consistent, but who really knows the actual reasons.  It is really a mess, and a lesson especially for those here, having someone else fill out forms be it an attorney, or some visa service, one needs to be exceedingly vigilant and double check everything.   

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

9 hours ago, Nitas_man said:

Existence of children who did not immigrate is not a “material” misrepresentation.

It is not that they did not immigrate, it is that they were not listed as required on the DV entry forms. This is a strict requirement and a disqualifying one for DV. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.