waa2100

How to bring child if i got DV lottery visa after mention no kids

66 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Hello all,
A friend and his wife got their green card through DV a year ago but they didn't mention that they have kids.
it's been a year now since they moved to the U.S, Now they want to bring their son to the U.S, what they should do?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Why did they lie about not having a child?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
Just now, Boiler said:

Why did they lie about not having a child?

they claim that someone filled all paperwork for them and didn't mention anything about their son, I still believe that they could correct it during the interview or maybe they scared to correct it for disqualification issue. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Well they signed the paper work and swore it was truthful. They would have been asked again at the interview.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

10 minutes ago, waa2100 said:
Hello all,
A friend and his wife got their green card through DV a year ago but they didn't mention that they have kids.
it's been a year now since they moved to the U.S, Now they want to bring their son to the U.S, what they should do?

They committed a material misinterpretation to obtain legal status. Not only they can't bring their son but they are in the US illegally and if discovered they will be stripped of their permanent resident status.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Instructions for dv lottery

Entering Your Spouse and Children’s Information on the Online Diversity Visa Application

Your application will need to include the name, date, and place of birth for your spouse and all of your non-U.S.-born children. This includes all adopted children and step-children.

You must list a child even if you are no longer married to his or her parent. You must include your spouse's information even if you are planning to get a divorce. You are not required to list a spouse or child who is already a U.S. citizen or a lawful permanent resident (green card holder); but it’s a good idea to do so, particularly if you have any doubt about the person’s U.S. immigration status.

If you neglect to include a spouse or child, he or she will not be eligible for a visa. 

Timeline
Just now, Weebee said:

They committed a material misinterpretation to obtain legal status. Not only they can't bring their son but they are in the US illegally and if discovered they will be stripped of their permanent resident status.

That’s exactly what I told them.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Well they signed the paper work and swore it was truthful. They would have been asked again at the interview.

I’m pretty sure they have been asked during the interview 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, kris&me said:

Instructions for dv lottery

Entering Your Spouse and Children’s Information on the Online Diversity Visa Application

Your application will need to include the name, date, and place of birth for your spouse and all of your non-U.S.-born children. This includes all adopted children and step-children.

You must list a child even if you are no longer married to his or her parent. You must include your spouse's information even if you are planning to get a divorce. You are not required to list a spouse or child who is already a U.S. citizen or a lawful permanent resident (green card holder); but it’s a good idea to do so, particularly if you have any doubt about the person’s U.S. immigration status.

If you neglect to include a spouse or child, he or she will not be eligible for a visa. 

Will mot be eligible for a visa even anytime later?

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
21 minutes ago, waa2100 said:
Hello all,

There's nothing they can do.  They lied and made a material misrepresentation to obtain their green cards. 

2 minutes ago, waa2100 said:

I’m pretty sure they have been asked during the interview 

At which point, they lied and made a material misrepresentation to obtain their green cards.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
1 minute ago, waa2100 said:

Will mot be eligible for a visa even anytime later?

Their son will NEVER get a visa through them since they LIED and made a MATERIAL MISREPRESENTATION to FRAUDULENTLY obtain their green cards.

Timeline
10 minutes ago, aaron2020 said:

There's nothing they can do.  They lied and made a material misrepresentation to obtain their green cards. 

At which point, they lied and made a material misrepresentation to obtain their green cards.

that's what I told them.

the problem now they went to an attorney and filled a petition for their son, USCIS will find out about their misrepresentation and will revoke their green cards.

I just knew about the petition today and I really know how bad to make misrepresentation to obtain a green card

Edited by waa2100

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
5 minutes ago, waa2100 said:

the problem now they went to an attorney and filled a petition for their son, USCIS will find out about their misrepresentation and will revoke their green cards.

I just knew about the petition today and I really know how bad to make misrepresentation to obtain a green card

They consulted an attorney and still filed? What advice did the attorney give them?

Timeline
Just now, designguy said:

They consulted an attorney and still filed? What advice did the attorney give them?

They didn't tell me what the attorney told them but i don't think there's any waivers for misrepresentation.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.