Prizm123

September 2019 AOS Filers

2,106 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline
On 3/6/2020 at 11:10 AM, Zach2015 said:

If you signed up for informed delivery with the post office it will pop up there once they get it. 

Thanks, you were right it popped up!

AOS Timeline: I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131

Priority Date: 9 December 2019

Field Office: Newark, NJ

-24 days.....11/15/2019 — AOS package delivered to USCIS Lockbox
-12 days.....11/27/2019 — AOS package rejected due to incorrect fee
-06 days.....12/03/2019 — AOS package re-sent to Chicago USCIS Lockbox
00 days......12/09/2019 — AOS package accepted at Chicago USCIS Lockbox
07 days......12/16/2019 — Credit card transactions processed
08 days......12/17/2019 — I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131 text messages received @midnight
11 days......12/20/2019 — I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131 NOA letters received
21 days......12/30/2019 — Biometrics Letter received
29 days......01/07/2020 — Biometrics Appointment (Elizabeth, NJ ASC)

51 days......01/29/2020 — Case Status Updated to show fingerprints were taken for I-485 + I-765
60 days......02/07/2020 — Courtesy Letter Re: I-693 Received in Mail

63 days......02/10/2020 — I-485 Case Status updated to “Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview”

85 days......03/03/2020 — I-765 status updated to “New Card is Being Produced”

86 days......03/04/2020 — I-765 & I-131 status updated to "Case was Approved"

88 days......03/06/2020 — I-765 status updates to “Card Was Mailed to Me”

120 days....04/07/2020 — I-131 status updated to "Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken"

430 days....02/11/2021 — I-485 Case Status updated to “Interview Was Scheduled"

476 days....03/29/2021 — Interview at Newark Field Office

477 days....03/30/2021 — I-485 Case Status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

478 days....03/31/2021 — I-485 Case Status updated to "Case Was Approved"

480 days....04/02/2021 — I-485 Case Status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

Status changed to "Card was Picked Up By the USPS..."

image.png.ae20b98f4870285abb18e06011d32a1b.png

New Petition:

Apr 5,  2023: Naturalization

Apr 6, 2023: I-130 for my mother

Apr 6, 2023: NOA1

Apr 9, 2024: Approved

Apr 13, 2024: Sent to NVC

Apr 18, 2024: Received email fr NVC and paid the AOS/IV fee

Apr 23, 2024: CEAC website shows "Paid"

Apr 25, 2024: Uploaded Civil and Financial documents

May 1, 2024: Documents accepted except for marriage certificate (unreadable) and death certificate (wrong file)

Received my greencard in mail today. Yay!

Card says, Resident since: 03/03/2020 (AOS interview day)

Me and my husband is patting each other on the back but for a smooth process since we started our immigration journey in December 2018 (K1 visa).

I know some people are waiting patiently and frustratingly and I can't blame you... but like what me and my husband always say, "the only thing that we can control is our attitude about it..."

Have a good day everyone :)

New Petition:

Apr 5,  2023: Naturalization

Apr 6, 2023: I-130 for my mother

Apr 6, 2023: NOA1

Apr 9, 2024: Approved

Apr 13, 2024: Sent to NVC

Apr 18, 2024: Received email fr NVC and paid the AOS/IV fee

Apr 23, 2024: CEAC website shows "Paid"

Apr 25, 2024: Uploaded Civil and Financial documents

May 1, 2024: Documents accepted except for marriage certificate (unreadable) and death certificate (wrong file)

Ok, we just got NOA (again) for AP stating they received our application and will use the existing biometrics to review. What? We got combo card already. Should we call USCIS?

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

Just got notified of interview date in April for Santa Ana. Anyone know where I can get a checklist of everything we should take with us? If anyone has any specific advice for Santa Ana, would be great!

Also, do we need to get another medical examination done here? The last one was done a year ago for K1 filing.

Hoping everyone hears some good news soon! Thank you all!

Hello everyone, 

I have an off topic question. Its regarding healthcare. I am the beneficiary and now working full time, my husband(USC) work as a contractor and doesnt have healthcare. I will soon have healthcare through my job and I can also optionally add my husband if I want to. Problem is that adding him is just expensive. 

I am wondering if its okay to get him a separate healthcare from the market or somewhere else which would be much cheaper for us compared to adding him to mine, would that cause an issue with my immigrant status if we are not under the same plan? I currently have an EAD and my AOS interview is coming up next month.

Edited by wasp8898

5 hours ago, wasp8898 said:

Hello everyone, 

I have an off topic question. Its regarding healthcare. I am the beneficiary and now working full time, my husband(USC) work as a contractor and doesnt have healthcare. I will soon have healthcare through my job and I can also optionally add my husband if I want to. Problem is that adding him is just expensive. 

I am wondering if its okay to get him a separate healthcare from the market or somewhere else which would be much cheaper for us compared to adding him to mine, would that cause an issue with my immigrant status if we are not under the same plan? I currently have an EAD and my AOS interview is coming up next month.

It is, but I doubt it will that much cheaper.  I know of few situations that it's cheaper to have two separate policies. 

Had our interview yesterday in SF. 

He asked about how we met, who asked out who, about each other's families, who attended the wedding, typical day schedules and such, what we do for fun, how many times we visited each other and for how long, what we do for a living. Also all the questions about drugs, human tracking, etc. We brought photos, tax return, last paystubs, employer letter, joint bank account and health insurance info. 

He said his supervisor would take a look at it, but he believed we had all the documents. Today I got the Case was approved notification. 

ROC timeline

Delivered: 3/1/22

Text with receipt number: 3/3/22

Biometrics Reuse notice: 07/14/2022

N400

Filed online 01/14/2023

Biometrics Reuse notice: 01/14/2023

@Sarge2155 Your interview got scheduled?! 

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

16 minutes ago, Fe.Ta said:

@Sarge2155 Your interview got scheduled?! 

Yes just got the email about 30 minutes ago. I did check the status and it was as reported.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

4 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

Yes just got the email about 30 minutes ago. I did check the status and it was as reported.

Congrats!! So excited for you.

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

1 hour ago, Sarge2155 said:

Status updated to interview  was scheduled, totally did not expect  this especially for the Dallas local office. Awaiting the notice for the interview date which I suspect will be next month sometime. No word on EAD, but I'll take this LOL. 179 days as of today.

woooo!!! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

i send documents on 4 of sept 2019 and eventually they receive it on 9 sept but i didn't receive ant text messages or any mail from them.

after day after almost 2.5 month i received text message from them it was 26 November with my receipt numbers and when i was checked they receive my documents on 9 sept but don't know how they couldn't send me message and email. after that i receive mails and then my biometrics happened on 18 december after that there is no process still showing fingerprint were  taken.  

it has been 186 days i didn't receive anything no EAD, NO green card , no travel documents.

186 days still waiting😔

On 3/12/2020 at 12:11 PM, ale07 said:

Had our interview yesterday in SF. 

He asked about how we met, who asked out who, about each other's families, who attended the wedding, typical day schedules and such, what we do for fun, how many times we visited each other and for how long, what we do for a living. Also all the questions about drugs, human tracking, etc. We brought photos, tax return, last paystubs, employer letter, joint bank account and health insurance info. 

He said his supervisor would take a look at it, but he believed we had all the documents. Today I got the Case was approved notification. 

We too, had our interview yesterday in Anchorage. 

Our outcome was about the same. 

Though later that day, it said our "Card was being produced"

and then today, it said, "Case was Approved"

Thanks everyone for all the landholding..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.