SunnyFireflies

Could this hinder us?

44 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

Don't send texts, screen shots, social media. Not needed. Read the instructions provided by USCIS for form I-129F.  To get the petition approved they want to know

• You (petitioner) are a US citizen (send birth certificate)
  • You are both free to marry (send divorce decree if previously married)
  • You both intend to marry within 90 days of his arrival (both write/sign a statement saying so)
  • You have met in person within the last two years (travel documents and things showing one or both visited the other) 

This is what the instructions say about how you met: 

Item Numbers 53. - 54. Have you and your fiancé(e) met in person during the two years immediately before ling this petition? Indicate whether you and your fiancé(e) have seen each other in person during the two year period immediately before to ling your petition. Select “N/A” if the beneficiary is your spouse.

If you respond “Yes” to Item Number 53., use Item Number 54. to describe the circumstances of your in-person meeting. Attach evidence to demonstrate that you were in each other’s physical presence during the required two year period. If you need extra space to complete this section, use the space provided in Part 8. Additional Information

And they ask a lot of biographical information about you, him, the parents, work history, marital history, criminal history, etc for security vetting. 

You need to plan for all the costs before you rush in.

K1 fiancé basic fees for those going through London embassy. Some are dollars, some are pounds.

$535 Fiancé Petition (USCIS)

£45 police certificate (ACRO)

£350 medical (Knightsbridge) pay at the appointment

$265 visa fee (Dept of State/Embassy) pay online 

$30 or $0 (Courier) home delivery or pick up at depot

-Enter USA and marry-

$1225 AOS/EAD/AP (USCIS)

You also need a job making about $20k per year to sponsor him. 

It is super easy to stall visa issuance in London once the petition is approved and the case gets to London. You can delay picking a medical date and interview to fit your timeline. The thing you can't guess is how long the petition approval will take, or how long to get turned over to National Visa Center, or how long it will take NVC to send to London. Once in London, you can stall a year if you need more time.

Thank you so much for your input! :)

Oh but what about video call screenshots like showing we cammed for 10 hours? I think that would be nice proof. Or the funny screen shots we take on cam with fliters/no fliters?

Jeez thoses prices 😕.....my pockets are crying already lol. I warned my boyfriend about how long this will take and the prices. He said he would like to help out which is nice.

Yeah that's an issue because I can't work. I'm going to ask a family memeber to sponser my boyfriend. I do get money I'm on ssi for good reasons. Not how I would like it to be but that's my life right now.

Again thank you for the advice I really appreciate it. Best of luck to you with everything. 

Edited by SunnyFireflies
Forgot something

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline
5 hours ago, SunnyFireflies said:

Hello everyone I'm still doing research and trying to learn the process. So when I'm ready to file it goes smoothly. I'm not sure when that will be since my boyfriend is still in school for one more year. He starts his last year in the fall.

My question is my boyfriend and I met on a kink website. I know I can't be dishonest. I have to tell them where we met. So will that hinder us?

I also noticed I don't call him by his name. And our text are way different than what people usually text their lovers. I don't want to get too personal or trigger anyone on what the nicknames are or what our lifestyle is. 

I have read that text are not a requirement but still. I'm wondering will they think we are very strange and deny us for our personal lifestyles?

I know I am a weird person and I'm perfectly okay with that. But I really don't want my personal life effecting my boyfriend moving here. I'm hoping they can look past the weirdness and see our relationship is genuine. If I thought about it 4 years ago I would have been more carful.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I apologize if this question was common sense or just silly. I wish everyone luck in whatever process they are doing.

The simple answer is No. Follow the process and all will just be fine. Good Luck.

Hello everyone I'm still doing research and trying to learn the process. So when I'm ready to file it goes smoothly. I'm not sure when that will be since my boyfriend is still in school for one more year. He starts his last year in the fall.

My question is my boyfriend and I met on a kink website. I know I can't be dishonest. I have to tell them where we met. So will that hinder us?

I also noticed I don't call him by his name. And our text are way different than what people usually text their lovers. I don't want to get too personal or trigger anyone on what the nicknames are or what our lifestyle is. 

I have read that text are not a requirement but still. I'm wondering will they think we are very strange and deny us for our personal lifestyles?

I know I am a weird person and I'm perfectly okay with that. But I really don't want my personal life effecting my boyfriend moving here. I'm hoping they can look past the weirdness and see our relationship is genuine. If I thought about it 4 years ago I would have been more carful.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I apologize if this question was common sense or just silly. I wish everyone luck in whatever process they are doing.

You’re not weird you do your own thing! 

My husband and I met on an online App war game haha I know it’s not the same but we all have our own unique lifestyles :) Both the CO at the embassy and the immigration officer had seen K1’s who met through the same game so actually we aren’t that unique lol 

7 minutes ago, Nicola and Jordan said:

You’re not weird you do your own thing! 

My husband and I met on an online App war game haha I know it’s not the same but we all have our own unique lifestyles :) Both the CO at the embassy and the immigration officer had seen K1’s who met through the same game so actually we aren’t that unique lol 

Awww thank you for your kind words :)

and that's so fricking cute haha. I'm glad you two found eachother. 

1 hour ago, SunnyFireflies said:

Oh but what about video call screenshots like showing we cammed for 10 hours? I think that would be nice proof. Or the funny screen shots we take on cam with fliters/no fliters?

Jeez thoses prices 😕.....my pockets are crying already lol. I warned my boyfriend about how long this will take and the prices. He said he would like to help out which is nice.

Yeah that's an issue because I can't work. I'm going to ask a family memeber to sponser my boyfriend. I do get money I'm on ssi for good reasons. Not how I would like it to be but that's my life right now.

Again thank you for the advice I really appreciate it. Best of luck to you with everything. 

If your pockets are crying, you might want to consider the spousal visa.

16 minutes ago, TrustWorthy2019 said:

The simple answer is No. Follow the process and all will just be fine. Good Luck.

Okay thank you for your input. It is greatly appreciated and thank you! 

Best of luck to you as well :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
2 hours ago, SunnyFireflies said:

Camming is not meeting in person. The requirement is not how much you talk or text. It's meeting face to face. 

Oh my my my, the job of CO must be really, really interesting some days ....I wouldn't worry about it too much, just provide sufficient evidence of the relationship and that it is in fact real and be honest with all your responses. 

9 hours ago, Fe.Ta said:

Sure thing!  We are not dealing with the same embassy (England versus Argentina).  But, I am in the process of AOS already, so if I can help with anything, feel free to message.  I am sure you can also follow the monthly threads depending on when you first file the K1. :)

Fellow Argentinian here 🙋🏼‍♀️

We sent only the items that someone listed above with our 130 spouse petition and we received an RFE for more evidence of bonafide marriage. And this is when we had an actual attorney. I responded with 476 pages of screenshots of our video calls showing date and time and the Hours we spend videoing, texts, photos and our Facebook posts...and we were approved less than 2 weeks later. So I would suggest you start saving all that now. They are becoming much more stricter in regards to the relationship thing with all the marriage frauds that are going on. Good luck!!! 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

You are in UK, do not overthink it. They do not care if you met at FetLife or OKCupid or Collarspace. They care that you've met in person at least once within last 2 years. Make sure you include evidence of in person meeting. You can just tell them you've met "online" wihtout being specific. USCIS will not care. But do make to check "not an IMB" box on 129F. A handful of pictures from a face to face meeting sufficient. No chat logs, no video logs. 
Get 129F submitted and approved, then worry about in person interview. For UK it won't be anything overwhelming. 

I do get money I'm on ssi for good reasons. Not how I would like it to be but that's my life right now.

Have you given any thought to how you will support the two of you when he arrives in the US and cannot work for the first 6 months?  And what he will do for health insurance?  He won't qualify for any type of subsidized insurance, such as Medicaid.

And you have met in person, right?

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
10 hours ago, SunnyFireflies said:

Prolly be nothing more than some breakroom entertainment to what otherwise is a dull existence.  Good luck to both of you.

Edited by Nitas_man

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thread is closed at OP's request.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.