Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About MjC772

  • Rank
  • Member # 295310

Profile Information

  • City
    Fort Mill
  • State
    South Carolina

Immigration Info

  • Immigration Status
    IR-1/CR-1 Visa (DCF)
  • Place benefits filed at
  • Country

Immigration Timeline & Photos

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. SSI (Supplemental Security Income) benefits cannot continue when the person is outside of the country for more than 30 consecutive days; SSDI and SS retirement benefits can. In order for an individual to reinstate SSI benefits, he/she needs to be back in the US for 30 + consecutive days.
  2. It should be a certificado de solteria. A quick search for that in Colombia should get your answers. If she is in Chile she should be able to get it at Colombian Consulate http://santiagodechile.consulado.gov.co/node/pagewithfaq/367/consulados scroll down to como solicito una declaracion de solteria
  3. If I remember correctly, there are a series of requirements: 1) Airline Rules and Regs regarding pet travel 2) Importation of cats into the US https://www.aphis.usda.gov/aphis/pet-travel/bring-pet-into-the-united-states/pet-travel-cats-into-us 3) Importation of cats into California (?) https://www.cdfa.ca.gov/ahfss/Animal_Health/FAQS.html Also may be helpful: https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/page/pets Just curious, how come JetBlue said no? Seems like every time I purchase a ticket, they want to sell me a pet ticket as well.
  4. Yes, that didn't make since so they changed it for an unmarried US citizen mother to: "For children born on or before June 11, 2017, mother must prove that she was physically present in the U.S. for a minimum period of one continuous year. For children born on or after June 12, 2017, mother must prove that she was physically present in the U.S. for 5 years, 2 of which were after age 14."
  5. How on earth did he have a social security number? Did he steal an actual SS number?....if that's the case, then, as far as I'm concerned, he should have a permanent ban.
  6. Not too familiar with the process but I think you need to apply for an ITIN number as here: https://www.irs.gov/individuals/individual-taxpayer-identification-number
  7. Maybe I am misunderstanding, not sure. Your child cannot travel with CRBA by itself but, if child has a CRBA, he/she can then apply for a US passport, Social Security card, etc...
  8. Well, she makes enough on her own to be a sponsor for 1 immigrant but I am just curious how that can be done...and yes, my wife and I have been married - and I , living in Peru - for almost 9 years...sorry about the incorrect posting.
  9. One question here: If I have my sister as a sponsor for my spouse, and she files her taxes with her husband as "married filing jointly" .... how do we disentangle him from sponsorship obligations? My thought was to include their tax return but also my sister's last W2/1099...am i correct?
  10. Just curious here (if OP comes back), does he have any children with his USC wife?
  11. MjC772

    I miss Canada oh so much :(

    Canada to US ...really? I don't mean to demean your anguish but US and Canada aren't all that different. I married my wife in Peru in January 2010 and moved here to Peru in September 2010. I didn't speak but a few words in Spanish (and still don"t have a great grasp on the language). It is extremely difficult sometimes to understand the ways of the culture here....Long story short: be grateful, get your citizenship and then you can go wherever.
  12. This is ironic you bring this up because I am in a similar situation and it has become a struggle for me. I have been living in Peru with my wife heading on 9 years. We have a 6 (almost 7) year old child (also USC) together and she is in a good, semi-pricey private school, I have asthma and get my albuterol inhalers here for S/10 ( ~$3.00USD) compared to hundreds in the US (without insurance). Sometimes I wonder if moving to the US is such a great idea FOR US. But that said, I would like for my wife to at least get citizenship. Hell, after being married to me for almost 9 years she should get citizenship without having to meet any requirements and quite possibly she should even receive the Medal of Honor, maybe even a purple heart. Anyway, I'm just yacking and joking....but, if its any consolation, I do feel your trepidation.
  13. Yes, thank you. That was my real concern, not that my wife had been charged with heinous felonies (she hasn't) but some stupid error, either on our part or that of USCIS resulting in a denial of the IR-1.
  14. No, you clearly assumed -wrongly- that I was "backdoor asking" and then implied in your statement that I was trying to commit visa fraud and for the sole reason of merely including "tourist visa" and "spouse visa" in the same sentence? Yes, you were extremely incorrect and, if you needed more info you could have simply asked me instead of making accusations... but hey, I'll accept your warm and heartfelt apology.