SunnyFireflies

Could this hinder us?

44 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Falcon Cara said:

Last time I looked and it seems to change every few years:  The I-129f ask you to describe how you met in person, not how you met. 

Your input is appreciated thank you :)

Edited by SunnyFireflies
Spelling error

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, SunnyFireflies said:

I'm not to sure :( my boyfriend starts in late September. I was brainstorming and came up with the idea to file in February 2020 or March? Because when I visit him in October next year I want him to come back with me. So I have to wait and see. When I know I'll definitely do that. Thanks for the other info you gave me :)

Applying sooner than later would be best. He has 6 months from his visa medical date to use the visa. If you apply in Feb or March there's a chance he wont have his visa in time for October. Just something to think about, you could consider applying sooner.

K1 Visa Timeline [Approved]

Spoiler

07/23/2018    I-129F sent

07/25/2018    NOA1 email notification

07/30/2018    NOA1 hard copy

12/21/2018    NOA2 hard copy

01/10/2019    NVC Case # assigned

01/22/2019    Left NVC

01/29/2019    Embassy received

01/29/2019    Pkt 3 sent

02/01/2019    Pkt 4 received

02/13/2019    Medical

03/00/2019    Interview approved!

04/01/2019    Visa issued

04/02/2019    Visa received in mail

04/06/2019    POE

05/04/2019    Wedding

Adjustment Of Status Timeline [Approved]

Spoiler

05/31/2019    I-485, I-131 and I-765 sent

06/10/2019    NOA1 (electronic) & check cashed

06/11/2019    NOA1 hard copies

07/05/2019    Biometrics walk-in

09/30/2019    Interview scheduled (electronic notification)

10/23/2019    EAD/AP approved

11/00/2019    AOS Interview approved!

11/08/2019    Green card is being produced

11/16/2019    Green card in hand

4 minutes ago, SunnyFireflies said:

I'm not to sure :( my boyfriend starts in late September. I was brainstorming and came up with the idea to file in February 2020 or March? Because when I visit him in October next year I want him to come back with me. So I have to wait and see. When I know I'll definitely do that. Thanks for the other info you gave me :)

No problem, glad to be of any help.  Again, follow others' advice and don't worry about giving text conversations.  You can have plenty of evidence without having to overshare your intimate details.  I would apply as soon as possible maybe October-November 2019 will give you enough of a window to accommodate USCIS delays AND have everything come through to possible fly back home together.  February-March 2020 might be too tight, especially if the embassy does not have readily available interview dates.  Just a thought.  We applied November 2018 and flew back to USA in June 2019.  However, every case is different, there are some that are sooner and others later.  Just plan accordingly.

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

2 minutes ago, Ethan & Shannon said:

Applying sooner than later would be best. He has 6 months from his visa medical date to use the visa. If you apply in Feb or March there's a chance he wont have his visa in time for October. Just something to think about, you could consider applying sooner.

Well that reeeeeeeally sucks :( yeah you're right. The sooner the better. I would do it soon but I need to get the fee you need to submit the paper work. 

By the way it went up a lot oh my goodness. When I saw what it was to what it went to I was disappointed. Yeaaah it's not 800 but still.

1 minute ago, Fe.Ta said:

No problem, glad to be of any help.  Again, follow others' advice and don't worry about giving text conversations.  You can have plenty of evidence without having to overshare your intimate details.  I would apply as soon as possible maybe October-November 2019 will give you enough of a window to accommodate USCIS delays AND have everything come through to possible fly back home together.  February-March 2020 might be too tight, especially if the embassy does not have readily available interview dates.  Just a thought.  We applied November 2018 and flew back to USA in June 2019.  However, every case is different, there are some that are sooner and others later.  Just plan accordingly.

Honestly if I could I would file asap. Gosh darnit 😕 not just a thought, a very good thought aha. I should have started saving earlier. Just wasn't sure when the right time would be. I'm so glad yall got to fly back together that's nice :)

Well guess 2021 will be our year. Thank you for sharing your wise thoughts :)

23 minutes ago, SunnyFireflies said:

I'm also going to encourage you to apply sooner rather than later.  The wait times have gotten longer and longer and the future of different visas and immigration more broadly is uncertain.  You can't confidently plan how long the process will take, so shooting for him to come in October isn't really feasible.  Even trying to plan the wedding is getting more and more difficult from what I see from people's timelines nowadays.

Good luck! 

August 20, 2016 ----> May 5, 2021

1,720 days ----> 4 years, 8 months, and 16 days

DONE with our visa journey and USCIS!

K1:

Spoiler

8/20/2016: I-129F packet mailed
10/20/2016: NOA2

1/20/2017: Interview (approved!)

2/20/2017: POE Philadelphia

3/18/2017: Wedding!

Adjustment of Status:

Spoiler

5/11/2017:  I-485, I-131, and I-765 packets mailed to Chicago lockbox

5/18/2017: NOA

5/30/2017:  Biometrics completed (walk-in, East Hartford, CT ASC)

8/2017-9/2017: Three service requests and case request to Congresswoman submitted for I-765

10/7/2017:  EAD/AP combo card received 

12/14/2017: Interview!

12/30/2017: GC received

Removal of Conditions: 

Spoiler

9/16/2019: Packet mailed to Dallas lockbox

9/23/2019: NOA date

10/24/2019: Biometrics completed (East Hartford, CT ASC) 

8/18/2020: Case approved

9/8/2020: GC in hand!

Citizenship:

Spoiler

9/17/2020: N-400 filed online

9/25/2020: Hard copy NOA received

11/12/2020: Biometrics reuse notice on USCIS account

3/19/2021: Email notification that USCIS has taken action on our case

3/31/2021: Interview notice

5/5/2021: Interview in Lawrence, MA (our field office is Hartford, CT)

5/5/2021: Approval and same day oath ceremony due to COVID-19!

5 minutes ago, Hawksquill said:

I'm also going to encourage you to apply sooner rather than later.  The wait times have gotten longer and longer and the future of different visas and immigration more broadly is uncertain.  You can't confidently plan how long the process will take, so shooting for him to come in October isn't really feasible.  Even trying to plan the wedding is getting more and more difficult from what I see from people's timelines nowadays.

Good luck! 

Oh no :(

Yeeeeah I had a feeling. The thing is I would be visiting from October till February or March. Sorry about that yall should have been more clear.

But still even so you all have good points. Filling as soon as possible is the best choice. 

Okay thank you for your advice. It is greatly appreciated :)

As for the wedding we were going to the court house if we got approved. And plan a bigger one later on.

Oh! And thank you. Goodluck to you as well :)

Edited by SunnyFireflies
Forgot to say something else

Y'all just a side note does it matter now that I've said I'll be flying out in October of next year and going back around Feb or March 2021? 

I mean of course it matters. I agree with everyone. Filling soon is the best option. Was just wondering if that would still be considered as a cramped time sisuation?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

After you submit your petition and you reach the interview stage, you may want to ask any questions you have in the UK only forum, where people who have gone through the embassy before can help you https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/99-united-kingdom/

All embassies tend to do things their own way and this is particularly true for the UK one. It tends to be less tedious of a process than in other countries; so do get yourself over there and  learn the ins and outs of the enchilada. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
55 minutes ago, SunnyFireflies said:

Processing times can change in unpredictable ways; no one knew NOA1-NOA2 times were going to go from 3-4 months on average to 6-7 months on average from Jan to July 2017, or that they'd start going back down again in June 2018 (and are back to that 3-4 month range now) with an accompanying (though somewhat smaller in absolute terms) increase in time at NVC. Sometimes events outside your control will cause delays at your consulate (though this seems improbable in London). Sometimes a case takes an unexpectedly long time for no particular reason.

And it's much easier to slow down the process than to speed it up. Your fiance can delay scheduling his interview for a while (though if he wants to push things more than 4 months from NOA2, he'll need to ask the embassy for an extension), and as mentioned above he'll have six months from his medical exam to come to the US. So apply as soon as you're comfortable saying you intend to marry, have sufficient evidence, and have sufficient funds on hand to get all the way through the AOS (both for official fees and to support your husband until he can work legally).

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

5 minutes ago, DaveAndAnastasia said:

Processing times can change in unpredictable ways; no one knew NOA1-NOA2 times were going to go from 3-4 months on average to 6-7 months on average from Jan to July 2017, or that they'd start going back down again in June 2018 (and are back to that 3-4 month range now) with an accompanying (though somewhat smaller in absolute terms) increase in time at NVC. Sometimes events outside your control will cause delays at your consulate (though this seems improbable in London). Sometimes a case takes an unexpectedly long time for no particular reason.

And it's much easier to slow down the process than to speed it up. Your fiance can delay scheduling his interview for a while (though if he wants to push things more than 4 months from NOA2, he'll need to ask the embassy for an extension), and as mentioned above he'll have six months from his medical exam to come to the US. So apply as soon as you're comfortable saying you intend to marry, have sufficient evidence, and have sufficient funds on hand to get all the way through the AOS (both for official fees and to support your husband until he can work legally).

Very wise and informative input, thank you so much for taking the time to give advice. It is really appreciated :)

Goodluck with your process 

36 minutes ago, SunnyFireflies said:

Y'all just a side note does it matter now that I've said I'll be flying out in October of next year and going back around Feb or March 2021? 

I mean of course it matters. I agree with everyone. Filling soon is the best option. Was just wondering if that would still be considered as a cramped time sisuation?

It doesn't really matter what you (the U.S. citizen) will be doing or where you'll be traveling, since once I-129F gets approved it turns from your application to his application - he's the one who has to do the medical and interview.  If he had said he was planning to be out of the country for several months in the middle of the application process, that would be a problem.  If he misses his interview or isn't able to complete it within the specified timeframe, he'd be denied.

But also, don't expect them to bend the process for your timeline.  It could be that the approval falls before, during, or after your visit to the UK - you'll have to be prepared for all the possible outcomes. 

August 20, 2016 ----> May 5, 2021

1,720 days ----> 4 years, 8 months, and 16 days

DONE with our visa journey and USCIS!

K1:

Spoiler

8/20/2016: I-129F packet mailed
10/20/2016: NOA2

1/20/2017: Interview (approved!)

2/20/2017: POE Philadelphia

3/18/2017: Wedding!

Adjustment of Status:

Spoiler

5/11/2017:  I-485, I-131, and I-765 packets mailed to Chicago lockbox

5/18/2017: NOA

5/30/2017:  Biometrics completed (walk-in, East Hartford, CT ASC)

8/2017-9/2017: Three service requests and case request to Congresswoman submitted for I-765

10/7/2017:  EAD/AP combo card received 

12/14/2017: Interview!

12/30/2017: GC received

Removal of Conditions: 

Spoiler

9/16/2019: Packet mailed to Dallas lockbox

9/23/2019: NOA date

10/24/2019: Biometrics completed (East Hartford, CT ASC) 

8/18/2020: Case approved

9/8/2020: GC in hand!

Citizenship:

Spoiler

9/17/2020: N-400 filed online

9/25/2020: Hard copy NOA received

11/12/2020: Biometrics reuse notice on USCIS account

3/19/2021: Email notification that USCIS has taken action on our case

3/31/2021: Interview notice

5/5/2021: Interview in Lawrence, MA (our field office is Hartford, CT)

5/5/2021: Approval and same day oath ceremony due to COVID-19!

8 minutes ago, Hawksquill said:

It doesn't really matter what you (the U.S. citizen) will be doing or where you'll be traveling, since once I-129F gets approved it turns from your application to his application - he's the one who has to do the medical and interview.  If he had said he was planning to be out of the country for several months in the middle of the application process, that would be a problem.  If he misses his interview or isn't able to complete it within the specified timeframe, he'd be denied.

But also, don't expect them to bend the process for your timeline.  It could be that the approval falls before, during, or after your visit to the UK - you'll have to be prepared for all the possible outcomes. 

Ooooh okay I see. I will definitely make sure when I file that he doesn't have big plans or anything and can make the interview. 

You summed it up perfectly with your last statement. I have to be prepared for all the possible outcomes :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
2 hours ago, SunnyFireflies said:

I have heard that but I have seen a lot of people submitting texts so I just thought I'd see what others think.

And to be clear I wasn't going to give gorey detials to them or anything. My text messges are just far from normal text. It's not inappropriate or anyting. Thank you so much for your input I appreciate it :)

Don't send texts, screen shots, social media. Not needed. Read the instructions provided by USCIS for form I-129F.  To get the petition approved they want to know

• You (petitioner) are a US citizen (send birth certificate)
  • You are both free to marry (send divorce decree if previously married)
  • You both intend to marry within 90 days of his arrival (both write/sign a statement saying so)
  • You have met in person within the last two years (travel documents and things showing one or both visited the other) 

This is what the instructions say about how you met: 

Item Numbers 53. - 54. Have you and your fiancé(e) met in person during the two years immediately before ling this petition? Indicate whether you and your fiancé(e) have seen each other in person during the two year period immediately before to ling your petition. Select “N/A” if the beneficiary is your spouse.

If you respond “Yes” to Item Number 53., use Item Number 54. to describe the circumstances of your in-person meeting. Attach evidence to demonstrate that you were in each other’s physical presence during the required two year period. If you need extra space to complete this section, use the space provided in Part 8. Additional Information

And they ask a lot of biographical information about you, him, the parents, work history, marital history, criminal history, etc for security vetting. 

2 hours ago, SunnyFireflies said:

Well that reeeeeeeally sucks :( yeah you're right. The sooner the better. I would do it soon but I need to get the fee you need to submit the paper work. 

By the way it went up a lot oh my goodness. When I saw what it was to what it went to I was disappointed. Yeaaah it's not 800 but still.

You need to plan for all the costs before you rush in.

K1 fiancé basic fees for those going through London embassy. Some are dollars, some are pounds.

$535 Fiancé Petition (USCIS)

£45 police certificate (ACRO)

£350 medical (Knightsbridge) pay at the appointment

$265 visa fee (Dept of State/Embassy) pay online 

$30 or $0 (Courier) home delivery or pick up at depot

-Enter USA and marry-

$1225 AOS/EAD/AP (USCIS)

You also need a job making about $20k per year to sponsor him. 

It is super easy to stall visa issuance in London once the petition is approved and the case gets to London. You can delay picking a medical date and interview to fit your timeline. The thing you can't guess is how long the petition approval will take, or how long to get turned over to National Visa Center, or how long it will take NVC to send to London. Once in London, you can stall a year if you need more time.

Edited by Wuozopo

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.