lostcause

B1 rejected twice, implications and wait time for B2 (merged 3)

86 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
21 minutes ago, lostcause said:

How much should the cool down time be if i want to apply for visitor visa, half a year or one year?

I guess the more the better but keep in mind, you are denied under 214(b), which means you are seen as an intending immigrant. Think of under what circumstances would the CO feel you wouldn’t stay in the US and return back when you apply for a visitor visa.

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

56 minutes ago, lostcause said:

How much should the cool down time be if i want to apply for visitor visa, half a year or one year?

Business meetings have no co-relation to a personal trip. As such, there should be no such cool down time, unless you're looking for any US visa. 

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

2 hours ago, lostcause said:

You sound very desperate to enter the US. How come you suddenly want a visitor visa after being denied for a B1?

Something doesn't add up and the CO will see that as well.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Your company dropped the ball.  If you’re on a work trip for 3 months (which seems quite long), you should have had a list of dates and locations for meetings with the names of the company for each.  If any of the items were conferences, registration confirmations should have been provided.  I agree plane/tickets and hotels may not be needed, but a least a roadmap of where you’ll be during those 3 months is required.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Your stated purpose for wanting a visa was too generic and too long.  Next time try for more specific (dates, places, names, addresses) and shorter (a few weeks not three months).  No plans at all for 90 days made them suspicious.

Musing further, if my company asked me to take a business trip for 3 months, I would certainly ask them exactly what they expected me to be doing to have to be out the office and away from home for so long.

Filed: Country: India
Timeline
7 hours ago, WeGuyGal said:

3 months to attend "some" business meetings? 

According to posts in other forums, a retired CO understood that to be usually a thinly-guised attempt to enter the US and code or seek H1B etc.

Any company that sends employees on business demonstrates clearly why they need to send that individual(s) to the US, and not just for "..various business meetings with various clients, stakeholders, business partners.." 

H1b can be applied from outside of the US. You dont have to be in the country. Even if OP wants to do that, you have to be in US before April 1 and h1b cap generally filled right on first day. So i do not think this could be a reason but yes I agree that not having plan for three months could be a reason for denial.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
9 hours ago, missileman said:

What company sends someone to the US with no set time frame, no set agenda and very loose goals ?  How large is this company?   I suggest a much better plan before applying again.....good luck.

He is probably going to work for 3 months on site at the client's location. If admitted for 6 months at the POE might stay longer....

At least that is what I thought right away.... Seen it before... (Doesn't matter his nationality)

Timeline
2 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

Musing further, if my company asked me to take a business trip for 3 months, I would certainly ask them exactly what they expected me to be doing to have to be out the office and away from home for so long.

They are sending him on site to the client's location to work. I don't think he is going to sit in meetings for 3 months....

Filed: Country: India
Timeline
9 hours ago, missileman said:

What company sends someone to the US with no set time frame, no set agenda and very loose goals ?  How large is this company?   I suggest a much better plan before applying again.....good luck.

It happens all the time atleast in engineering field if you are in customer support and you have to go onsite to resolve issue which can be 3 to 6 months long assignment at customers site but definitely not for meetings for three months. 

9 minutes ago, cd37 said:

It happens all the time atleast in engineering field if you are in customer support and you have to go onsite to resolve issue which can be 3 to 6 months long assignment at customers site but definitely not for meetings for three months. 

Well yes, but that would require work authorization anyway. They would need a visa that permits this, not a B-1.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

45 minutes ago, cd37 said:

He claims to work for a large US financial institution. 

1 hour ago, ineedadisplayname said:

They are sending him on site to the client's location to work. I don't think he is going to sit in meetings for 3 months....

So you are just assuming he is outright lying?

Timeline
37 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

He claims to work for a large US financial institution. 

So you are just assuming he is outright lying?

Kind of to be honest. Maybe it is not nice of me but it is not unheard of. And most of the time it's not even the applicants fault because the company coaches them what to say and so on....

38 minutes ago, ineedadisplayname said:

Kind of to be honest. Maybe it is not nice of me but it is not unheard of. And most of the time it's not even the applicants fault because the company coaches them what to say and so on....

Right so he is lying about where he works, what he does and what he plans to do? That’s quite a conclusion to get to based on what’s been presented here. 

Also, if an applicant does lie, plain bull**** that it’s “not their fault”. I would not lie in a visa interview because a company told me to. You seem very knowledgeable on all this by the way, as well as defensive about the lying applicants you talk about .... hmmm.

Timeline
9 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

Right so he is lying about where he works, what he does and what he plans to do? That’s quite a conclusion to get to based on what’s been presented here. 

Also, if an applicant does lie, plain bull**** that it’s “not their fault”. I would not lie in a visa interview because a company told me to. You seem very knowledgeable on all this by the way, as well as defensive about the lying applicants you talk about .... hmmm.

Wooow.

U got to the wrong conclusions bout what i said. 

I did not say he lied where he works....

And yes a lot of ppl do what the company tells them. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.