lostcause

B1 rejected twice, implications and wait time for B2 (merged 3)

86 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Three related threads merged. Please do not start a new thread on this topic again.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

10 hours ago, aaron2020 said:

Just checked your profile.  Why are you starting a third thread on this?  You been rejected because of 214(b).  You got 5 pages of responses in one thread.  The answer is not going to change.

You were denied because you could not show strong ties to your home country to overcome the legal presumption that all applicants intend to immigrate.  You've been given the reason for your denial.  

This post is regarding the FOIA Application and not abt when can I apply again. It is different from the previous thread. Thanks

11 hours ago, aaron2020 said:

You were likely denied for being unable to show strong ties to your home country to overcome the legal presumption that all applicants intend to immigrate.

Were you given anything after your denials?  Did it say 214(b)?

Yes I was given 214(b). The point is that’s not a clear reason for me. I want to know the exact reason for denial and hence want to know if I can apply for FOIA For my visa denial.

i have visa stamps for more than 28 countries and I am earning pretty well, that is good enough to show strong ties to a country where I am living. But there could be more than 1 reason for my visa denial and this time before applying I want to be ready.

1 hour ago, lostcause said:

Yes I was given 214(b). The point is that’s not a clear reason for me. I want to know the exact reason for denial and hence want to know if I can apply for FOIA For my visa denial.

i have visa stamps for more than 28 countries and I am earning pretty well, that is good enough to show strong ties to a country where I am living. But there could be more than 1 reason for my visa denial and this time before applying I want to be ready.

i don't think they are required to give you an exact reason, however, it could certainly be informative for others if they in fact do, so please update the thread so that other people know it might be worth following up on.  

By the way,, although the intended 'new thread' was about FOIA, it is much more informative for posters here if it is in context of your old one.

On 11/26/2019 at 11:15 AM, jan22 said:

Whether it is a clear reason for you or not, 214(b) IS the reason for your denial.  You will not get another answer through a FOIA request, because that's the "exact reason for denial" that you are seeking.  If there was another reason in addition to 214(b), it would have been included in your denial slip.   

Bottom line, you failed to convince four different officers in four different interviews that you would not stay in the US once you got there  -- which is an absolute requirement under US visa law.  You, obviously, don't agree with them, but they all agreed.  Even though you have traveled to more than 28 countries and didn't stay doesn't mean you wouldn't stay in the US -- maybe they weren't countries you wanted to or even considered staying in. 

BTW, I'm sure that applying four times within a matter of a few months communicates an almost desperate need to get to the US to the consular officer, which adds to the issue of overcoming 214 (b).

I have not applied four times. I have applied 2 times. Lets stick to the exact number as others who read the posts might think otherwise.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
3 hours ago, lostcause said:

I have not applied four times. I have applied 2 times. Lets stick to the exact number as others who read the posts might think otherwise.

I can tell you that as one who has been trying to follow your ongoing saga, and make some sense out of your rambling thread over the last six months. You have been admonished by forum moderators at least twice, perhaps thrice, to refrain from starting another thread. You have been denied multiple times in your now seeming desperate attempt to get into the US. The embassy/consulate officials have denied your visa applications several times, with a 214(b) denial reason being given to you. In these days of the computer and the internet, your bleating comments about going to make FIOA requests to determine the reason for your ongoing denial is likely a waste of US taxpayer resources. This DOS link, easily found through a simple Google search,  entitled Visa Denials, succinctly describes what a Section 214(b) denial is according to the Immigration and Nationality Act, https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/visa-denials.html . It is time to move to on to another topic....hasta la vista....:yes:

Edited by Pitaya

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

All a FOIA would produce assuming it is possible, not sure it is, would be the reason you were given. So pointless.

The first few pages of this thread go into your background which gives a compelling answer as to why they came to that call.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

On 11/26/2019 at 9:39 AM, SusieQQQ said:

i don't think they are required to give you an exact reason, however, it could certainly be informative for others if they in fact do, so please update the thread so that other people know it might be worth following up on.  

By the way,, although the intended 'new thread' was about FOIA, it is much more informative for posters here if it is in context of your old one.

Sure, I understand. Thanks for merging. Next time I shall add something related in the same thread.

Filed: Timeline
12 hours ago, lostcause said:

Sorry -- I would have stuck to the exact number, if i had understood it.  Somehow got the idea from the multiple threads that were consolidated that you had applied for a B1 twice and a B2 twice.  

My basic points re 214b still applies.  Also, two applications with two refusals in the past 6 months will certainly factor into any upcoming interviews.

Edited by jan22

44 minutes ago, jan22 said:

Sorry -- I would have stuck to the exact number, if i had understood it.  Somehow got the idea from the multiple threads that were consolidated that you had applied for a B1 twice and a B2 twice.  

My basic points re 214b still applies.  Also, two applications with two refusals in the past 6 months will certainly factor into any upcoming interviews.

Thanks for clarifying @jan22

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.