Adi49

Calling each other husband and wife in whatsapp chats

64 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, Moxman said:

Yeah, my fiancee says it sometimes, but I just say hey wifey. I didn't know that the CO would be so strict, I lived in russia for over a year and have seen her multiple times.. I hope this doesn't come up.

Have you presented evidence of this already?

YMMV

Just now, payxibka said:

Have you presented evidence of this already?

We didn't send our whats app chats when I submitted my Petition, I only included photos, visa stamps, hotel bills etc. I'm thinking I shouldn't include my chats either when we both go to the interview as-well.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Moxman said:

We didn't send our whats app chats when I submitted my Petition, I only included photos, visa stamps, hotel bills etc. I'm thinking I shouldn't include my chats either when we both go to the interview as-well.

Yup.  Be selective on what evidence you present 

YMMV

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Moxman said:

You might want to have some available if they want to see more evidence of ongoing communications,  but you should VERY VERY CAREFULLY screen them and be sure to not include any that would have that in them.

1 minute ago, Mrs.C.M. said:

You might want to have some available if they want to see more evidence of ongoing communications,  but you should VERY VERY CAREFULLY screen them and be sure to not include any that would have that in them.

Thanks for your help, I'm hoping to receive our NOA2 soon, once I get that I will start putting together some documents.

I know some of the COs at the embassy there and asked them questions about what they may ask. I was never told about looking TOO married.... Very interesting.

2 hours ago, E & J 2018 said:

We were lucky, I guess.... We must look very legit, as they didn't ask us for photo's, call logs or chats.  They just asked us some very basic questions. I took time and put together our photo's and six months worth of chat messages and they didn't want to see any of it.

The problem is, the OP front loaded their application to where the interviewer won't ask for these things because they already have them. 

*More detailed timeline in profile!*

Relationship:     Friends since 2010, Together since 2013

K-1:   2015 Done in 208 days - 212g for Second Cosponsor    

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
09/22/15 - Interview       (221g for more documents (a SECOND cosponsor), see profile for more details!)                                            
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
11/10/15 - Passport received                                                
02/20/16 - Wedding!              

AOS:   2016 Done in 77 days - No RFE, No Interview                                                                    

Spoiler

04/08/16 - I-485, I-765, I-131 AOS Application recieved by USCIS
04/12/16 - 3 NOA1's received in mail
05/14/16 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD
06/27/16 - I-485 Case to changed to "New Card being produced"  (Day 77)
06/27/16 - I-485 Case changed to Approved! (Day 77)
06/30/16 - I-485 Case changed to "My Card has been mailed to me!"
07/05/16 - Green Card received in mail! 

ROC:   2018 - 2019 Done in 326 days - No RFE, No Interview

Spoiler

05/09/18 - Mailed out ROC to CSC

05/10/18 - CSC Signed and received ROC package
06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

06/15/18 - NOA received in the mail
08/27/18 - 18 month extension received (Courtesy Copy)

09/18/18 - Request for official 18 month extension
10/22/18 - Official 18 month extension received 

02/27/19 - Biometrics waived 

04/29/19 - New card being produced!
05/09/19 - USPS delivered green card! In hand now!

3 hours ago, E & J 2018 said:

We were lucky, I guess.... We must look very legit, as they didn't ask us for photo's, call logs or chats.  They just asked us some very basic questions. I took time and put together our photo's and six months worth of chat messages and they didn't want to see any of it.

Moot point, as you did not interview at Mumbai.

1 hour ago, Moxman said:

I was never told about looking TOO married.... Very interesting.

Makes sense though, as one of the few criteria for filing a K-1 is that both parties are legally free to marry at the time of filing the petition.  There have been many cases of married couples trying to speed up their immigration process by fraudulently applying for a K-1 instead of CR-1, particularly from OP's country.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
2 hours ago, Adi49 said:

Ring exchange was never submitted to USCIS, i was planning to include when bringing proof of relationship to embassy. Judging on what everyome said i think i should exclude. Thanks everyone!!

Do NOT include! :) I think you will be fine (sure, research spouse visa) but I honestly doubt they will read your chat logs. Of course they could and maybe they will and I don't know squat, but I really don't think they will notice the "wifey" bit. And if you are not asked, no need to offer up any information. He/She will ask your fiancé what they want to know and no more.

I have a feeling you will be fine, but of course there's always a chance the interviewer will have taken hours to read all your chats 🤷🏻‍♀️

NOA1 New Site: March 6th, 2018

NOA2: Sept 12th, 2018

Case # available as well as case leaving NVC both on Oct 1st, 2018

Embassy received on Oct 2nd, 2018

Medical Appointment Oct 12th, 2018

Interview at Ankara Embassy on Oct 22nd, 2018 - APPROVED!

POE San Fransisco on Dec 1st, 2018

Married Dec 10th, 2018

NOA for I-485/765/131 Feb 1st, 2019

Interview for I-485 June 19th, 2019 - APPROVED! (Interview was before we received Work Auth Card!)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
Just now, <3T&M<3 said:

Do NOT include! :) I think you will be fine (sure, research spouse visa) but I honestly doubt they will read your chat logs. Of course they could and maybe they will and I don't know squat, but I really don't think they will notice the "wifey" bit. And if you are not asked, no need to offer up any information. He/She will ask your fiancé what they want to know and no more.

I have a feeling you will be fine, but of course there's always a chance the interviewer will have taken hours to read all your chats 🤷🏻‍♀️

Considering people from certain fraud countries have been denied for calling each other wifey and hubby they most likely will read the chats. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Unidentified said:

Considering people from certain fraud countries have been denied for calling each other wifey and hubby they most likely will read the chats. 

Meh, I still doubt it. Honestly it's just my opinion. Would I have submitted it myself ? HECK no!! However, nothing can be done and I'm feeling optimistic that OP will luck out ;) 

Just MHO

Married Dec 10th, 2018

Interview for I-485 June 19th, 2019 - APPROVED! (Interview was before we received Work Auth Card!)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

many from african and other countries refer to each other as wife and husband once they decide they have met the right person to settle down with

to the OP and to all future applicants

whatsapp is encrypted / your chats here are private unless you expose them

so, in the future,  write privately in whatsapp but openly in other sites to print out for immigration (refraining in those sites from using wife and husband)

you can print out the call log from whatsapp to show continuous communication

but there are so many other ways to show you talk daily or weekly

123 greetings allows free love cards and to print out the card (pick out ones with pastel colors as your personal  print, the to and from,  on the dark roses doesn't show up

facebook can be printed (leave out the wife and husband part when doing it there)

emails to each other are great ( one page with a date is a good way to show you think of someone)

to OP:

going to look too married even to me

and you are right about marrying on the 1st trip / also not a good move

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Terms of endearment are scrutinized and calling each other husband wife, wifey hubby, any reference to a spouse other than sweetie or babe. Is viewed as marital terminology. 

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
40 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

many from african and other countries refer to each other as wife and husband once they decide they have met the right person to settle down with

to the OP and to all future applicants

whatsapp is encrypted / your chats here are private unless you expose them

so, in the future,  write privately in whatsapp but openly in other sites to print out for immigration (refraining in those sites from using wife and husband)

you can print out the call log from whatsapp to show continuous communication

but there are so many other ways to show you talk daily or weekly

123 greetings allows free love cards and to print out the card (pick out ones with pastel colors as your personal  print, the to and from,  on the dark roses doesn't show up

facebook can be printed (leave out the wife and husband part when doing it there)

emails to each other are great ( one page with a date is a good way to show you think of someone)

to OP:

going to look too married even to me

and you are right about marrying on the 1st trip / also not a good move

Ok, let's take a step back for a moment.

My take on this is none of us are COs.  There are a number of things to consider such as the level of 'potential' fraud for the country in question, strictness of the embassy, etc.  You also have to consider the amount of time available for the CO to even look through every 'front-loaded' page.  There's a lot of stuff that can be front-loaded and many things they may just thumb through.  Photos, I-134 (and accompanying documents), they may just be looking at some things in a basic sense and checking things off on a sheet (or in their head).

I've read a number of consulate reviews that included statements like, 'They barely even looked at our documents'.  Because it's front-loaded you think COs are having lunch in between interviews perusing every letter of documentation for future interviews days/weeks/months in advance?  Thumbing through 50 pages of chat (in smaller print, it might as well be 500) just dying to find words like 'husbandy' or 'wifey'?  Possible?  Sure.  Probable?  That I'm not so sure about.  I have to think it isn't uncommon for people to refer to each other this way in a very affectionate sense, especially with a marriage on the horizon.

I can't speak about ceremonies like ring exchanges but, if this is done even semi-regularly in India and such a ceremony is NOT deemed a marriage ceremony, I have to think the local embassy is familiar with such a custom.  Many people here are already declaring a K-1 denial for this guy yet they may not even know the first <honking> thing about India and might even be challenged to find it on a globe.

Some people here are saying there are those who have been denied a K-1 in the past for the 'husbandy' and 'wifey' references.  I am not saying this isn't true but are there posts somewhere on this site where the petitioner and beneficiary have confirmed this?  If so, how about a link or two?

My advice is to get your facts straight and don't be biting your nails and LOOKING like you have something to hide at the interview.  Prepare an explanation.  Sometimes this can be explained away (assuming it even comes up).  Ideally you don't want anything like this to slip through the cracks so try preventative desk-checking.  But it happened so plan for a little damage control.  If the bottom drops out and you're denied, start the spousal process but the first order of business is to prepare for the interview and be ready IF this comes up in the conversation.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, TastyCake said:

My advice is to get your facts straight and don't be biting your nails and LOOKING like you have something to hide at the interview.  Prepare an explanation.  Sometimes this can be explained away (assuming it even comes up).  Ideally you don't want anything like this to slip through the cracks so try preventative desk-checking.  But it happened so plan for a little damage control.  If the bottom drops out and you're denied, start the spousal process but the first order of business is to prepare for the interview and be ready IF this comes up in the conversation.

This!!!!! :)

Married Dec 10th, 2018

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.