Adi49

Calling each other husband and wife in whatsapp chats

64 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
8 hours ago, Adi49 said:

She is interviewing at mumbai in india. We call each other that as a term of endearment. Guys call their girlfriends wifey all the time and they are not married. I appreciate you showing how a CO would think. As you said best we can do is be honest. We were being cute and we call each other that even though we hadn't met in person because we just connected on an emotional level. We talked for 6 months before we met in person.

This is likely the type of response that your fiancee will likely employ at her interview at the consulate. It is weak. You have to show that you and your fiancee are not married at this point. Yet, this type of response would likely result in a K1 denial. Like others have said, you should likely start reading up on the CR-1 spouse visa process. 

Post back with the response of the interview.

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

We were lucky, I guess.... We must look very legit, as they didn't ask us for photo's, call logs or chats.  They just asked us some very basic questions. I took time and put together our photo's and six months worth of chat messages and they didn't want to see any of it.

25 minutes ago, davidvs said:

Ring exchange in India and calling each other wife/husband.

I am not optimistic about the results of the interview.... I'm pretty sure they will find you are "too married"

Hey everyone. I know the embassy follows local customs to be deemed married. Nowhere in india are you deemed to be married by giving a girl a diamond ring. Another question is how else am i supposed to show im engaged if not by giving a ring. Even in the US you propose with a ring if you want to get married. In india there are certain formalities for engagements which we followed yet toned down alot. Thoughts on this would be much appreciated. Also no one attended this except for our parents.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Adi49 said:

Hey everyone. I know the embassy follows local customs to be deemed married. Nowhere in india are you deemed to be married by giving a girl a diamond ring. Another question is how else am i supposed to show im engaged if not by giving a ring. Even in the US you propose with a ring if you want to get married. In india there are certain formalities for engagements which we followed yet toned down alot. Thoughts on this would be much appreciated. Also no one attended this except for our parents.

If someone doesn't wear a wedding ring does that mean they aren't married?  Engagement isn't a legal status that occurs only because of the exchange of rings. 

deBeers is the only one wants you to think the way you are 

YMMV

12 minutes ago, Adi49 said:

I think you received thoughts on this already. You might be denied the K1 for looking ‘too married’ already or you might not. People have shared their ideas and most of them have been around here for a long time, so they have read the stories of K1 denials based on a situation similar to yours.

“It’s been 84 years…” 

- Me talking about the progress of my I-751

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Everything depends on how the CO perceives your case, if he/she stumbles on the chat where you referred to each other as wife/husband it will definitely come up in the interview so prepare to answer that question as honestly and convincingly as possible. Secondly, the exchange of rings and your parents being in attendance, frankly, that seems like a wedding to me. I suggest you both comb through your embassy reviews to see if there are similar cases to yours and how it was resolved. The picture of the ring exchange will definitely come up, fingers crossed the CO doesn't see the wife/husband chat. People have been denied for less.
Prepare yourselves. All the best.

Always lead with love ❤️ 

24 minutes ago, Adi49 said:

I proposed to my wife on a mountain top overlooking a sea of clouds. I did not have a ring to give her. It just felt like a right time. 

01/28/2019 - Mailed Express Mail USCIS Lockbox Phoenix

01/29/2019 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox
02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

7 minutes ago, Tegs&Lols said:

Everything depends on how the CO perceives your case, if he/she stumbles on the chat where you referred to each other as wife/husband it will definitely come up in the interview so prepare to answer that question as honestly and convincingly as possible. Secondly, the exchange of rings and your parents being in attendance, frankly, that seems like a wedding to me. I suggest you both comb through your embassy reviews to see if there are similar cases to yours and how it was resolved. The picture of the ring exchange will definitely come up, fingers crossed the CO doesn't see the wife/husband chat. People have been denied for less.
Prepare yourselves. All the best.

Ring exchange was never submitted to USCIS, i was planning to include when bringing proof of relationship to embassy. Judging on what everyome said i think i should exclude. Thanks everyone!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline
24 minutes ago, Adi49 said:

You show your intent to marry your fiance by signing the letter of Intent to Marry that you send to USCIS.

Perhaps a cautionary tale for frontloaders.  At least a cautionary tale to REVIEW EVERYTHING thoroughly before sending.

Don't lose hope OP, it may still be alright, and there's nothing to be done about it anyway. Just hang in there and be honest and hope for the best.

2018 K1 Filing to Approval: 322 days (RFE 29 Days)

Spoiler

I-129F mailed: Jan 26 2018

NOA1: Jan 29 2018 (old site), Feb 2 2018 (new site)

RFE: Aug 30 2018 (old site updated 8/30; new site 8/31 w/email and text)

RFE hard copy: rec'd 9/4; ret'd 9/6 (old site updated 9/7; new site 9/10, no text/email)

NOA2: Oct 5 2018 [249 days]  (old site updated 10/5; new site 10/7, no text/email)

Case #: Oct 31 2018 [27 days] (called to get number, no email from NVC)

Left NVC: Nov 13 2018 

Consulate Rec'd (DHL): Nov 19 2018

CEAC 'Ready' status: Nov 29 2018

Interview: Dec 17 2018 [Approved!]

POE: Jan 10 2019 [Los Angeles]

Marriage: Jan 12 2019 :wub::dance:

2019 AOS Filing to Approval: 81 Days (No RFE, No Expedite)

Spoiler

AOS Mailed: Feb 19 2019

NOA1: Feb 25 2019 (I-485, I-765, I-131)

Biometrics Appt. Letter Rcv'd: Mar 8 2019

Biometrics Appointment: Mar 20 2019

Recv'd Interview Appt. Notice: Apr 15 2019 [I-485] (ready to schedule 4/10, scheduled 4/11; old site)

Interview: May 17 2019 [Cleveland, OH]

Approved: May 17 2019  :dance:

Green Card Received: May 24 2019

2021 ROC Filing to Approval: 534 Days (LIN; No RFE, No Interview)

Spoiler

ROC Mailed: Mar 5 2021 (delivered 3/12)

NOA1: Apr 5 2021 (txt rcvd 4/7, check cashed 4/7, mail rcvd 4/9) 

Biometrics Re-used Notice Rcv'd: Apr 30 2021

Approved: Sep 21 2022 :dance:

Green Card Received: Sep 28 2022

2022 N400 Filing to Oath: 154 Days (Cleveland Field Office; No RFE)

Spoiler

N400 Submitted: Jun 16 2022 (online)

NOA1: Jun 16 2022 (rcv'd snail mail 6/24)

Biometrics Re-used Notice Rcv'd: Jun 16 2022 (rcv'd snail mail 6/24)

Interview Scheduled: Sep 6 2022 (cancelled due to A-file not arrived in time)

Interview Re-scheduled: Oct 21 2022

Approved: Oct 21 2022 :dance:

Oath Ceremony: Nov 16 2022 :wow:🇺🇸

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Adi49 said:

Ring exchange was never submitted to USCIS, i was planning to include when bringing proof of relationship to embassy. Judging on what everyome said i think i should exclude. Thanks everyone!!

Alight then, its best you exclude it. Chances are the co won't come across the chat but even if they do be ready to defend it as best you can. All the best. 

Always lead with love ❤️ 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

hubby/wife chats + ring exchange = married or too married for a K1 ***Don't use the pictures of the ring exchange***

People try to circumvent the immigration system by using a K1 to have their loved one here faster or whatever type of visa they are trying to manipulate, ruining it for others, making India is a high fraud country. Unfortunately as genuine and honest as some people are there is a bigger picture from the view of the consulate. Best Wishes :) 

4 hours ago, Adi49 said:

Our photos are really good actually. We did a simple ring exchange in traditional but not formal clothing. All other photos are of us doing normal couple activities like shopping, having dinner, playing games, etc.

Previously you stated that the husband and wife calling were simple terms of endearment. Now you reveal there were rings exchanged. This was a pertinent fact you should have shared beforehand.

Putting my CO hat on again and reviewing the details of this case, I would deny you. But you are starting to see why. You are acting too much like a married couple.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

I have a question then, if you get engaged to someone and sometimes they say "Future Husband" or "wifey" is that a problem?  We only started saying that after we got engaged.

3 minutes ago, payxibka said:

"Future" is a distinct qualifier

Yeah, my fiancee says it sometimes, but I just say hey wifey. I didn't know that the CO would be so strict, I lived in russia for over a year and have seen her multiple times.. I hope this doesn't come up.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.