Adi49

Calling each other husband and wife in whatsapp chats

64 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
1 minute ago, TastyCake said:

Ok, thanks for the link.  It's the only one I have seen and it dates back a bit.  There is a precedent though this was a different country.  Maybe the CO was strict.  Maybe they'll be strict in Mumbai.  But it's not a guarantee this couple will get denied.  Let's see what they say after the interview.

No one is saying they will get denied. They are just telling the OP not to be surprised and be prepared IF it were to happen. It is better to be prepared and to be able to act quickly to save time considering how long things take right now. And yes, this was another tough embassy, just like India can be. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Unidentified said:

No one is saying they will get denied. They are just telling the OP not to be surprised and be prepared IF it were to happen. It is better to be prepared and to be able to act quickly to save time considering how long things take right now. And yes, this was another tough embassy, just like India can be. 

You know, I don't think you and I are disagreeing about a whole lot.  I think one of the few chasms between us (and perhaps the only one) is I feel just because a person posts here a couple thousand times doesn't make them a wizard.  It just means they like to opine.  I have a CIO at my company who's just a ball of gas in a 3 piece suit.  Talks a ton, should listen more.  I found the terms/phrases further below and some seem to come from people with comparable tenure to me.

Speaking like it's a fait accompli this couple will be denied (and this is implied to one degree or another in the comments below) is a bit much in my opinion.  My advice to the couple was to come to the interview prepared.  Maybe many of the reasons people got denied in the past was that 'hand caught in the cookie jar'' look when confronted.  Prepare, prepare, prepare.  If this couple is legit, I hope they knock it out of the ballpark at the interview and get their approval.

< you're probably toast >  This from a guy I like very much, he has been very supportive of me, but I think this comment was unnecessary... or could have been worded better

Well, I'd start researching the spouse visa at this point.   Really?  Instead of first having the interview where you may find out you have nothing to worry about?

I'm pretty sure they will find you are "too married"  From a person with 22 posts whose country is Thailand.  To date, only received their NOA1

Like others have said, you should likely start reading up on the CR-1 spouse visa process.  Likely?  So, in other words, your goose is cooked?

Secondly, the exchange of rings and your parents being in attendance, frankly, that seems like a wedding to me.  23 posts, still at the NVC.  Different country (Nigeria)

hubby/wife chats + ring exchange = married or too married for a K1  This person has the most credibility - India and completed the interview.  Still, not a CO so let the process happen

Putting my CO hat on again and reviewing the details of this case, I would deny you.   Thank God you're not the CO handling their visa application.  Wait... you're probably not even a CO

going to look too married even to me   Country is Morocco.  Doubtful ever a CO.  Are you familiar with India customs?  Have you worked for a U.S. embassy there?

Terms of endearment are scrutinized and calling each other husband wife, wifey hubby, any reference to a spouse other than sweetie or babe. Is viewed as marital terminology.  Country is Jamaica.  To this individual it is marital terminology?  To a CO, after a viable explanation, maybe it is not an issue.  I'd like a nickel for every engaged couple who regularly calls each other husband and wife in a playful manner prior to the wedding ceremony

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Op, I did the same thing. Well, my now husband called me wife in two chats I sent in the original petition. We weren’t even engaged at the time.  I sent about six pages of chats six on each page. 

It was a none issue. Never came up in the interview. I don’t know how much they reviewed the chats in advance. They returned everything I submitted in terms of chats, phone logs, pictures at the interview. They were each clipped together with a label on them (i.e. “Chats”). So someone at least took the time to do that. Could have been USCIS though. 

Either way, I hope your interview is successful as well. 

*** Thread is starting to get long winded with members going back and forth. OP has gotten all of the advice needed. Hopefully it all works out for them.

***Thread is locked to prevent from further sinking.

VJ Moderation

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.