2,825 posts in this topic

Just finished our interview in Portland OR. It went nice and smoothly and the officer was very nice. Mainly asked us about my employment and husband's (applicant) new job. I have a new job since we applied, she asked if there were any changes to my affidavit and I provided her w a new I-864, letter of employment, and 3 months of paystubs. She also added husband's job info to our I-864. She then asked for any addition evidence of relationship and went through our new photos and shared bills and such.

She said she hadn't received the packet from when he entered the U.S. yet, that it should take about two weeks to arrive and that she would approve our case as soon as it came. We are currently on case under review status. Hopefully that will all go smoothly as well! 

K1 Visa:
Filed I-129f 4/14/2018
Interview 3/27/2019 (Approved)
Visa received 4/4/2019

AOS:
Filed I-485, I-131, I-765 6/21/2019

NOA1 6/24/2019

Biometrics 7/15/2019

EAD/AP Approved 11/12/2019

Interview 2/20/2020 (Approved pending missing medical)
Approved 3/23/2020

ROC:
Filed I-751 2/15/2022 

Case Received 2/17/2022
Text message received 2/22/2022

NOA1 Recieved 2/26/2022
Biometrics Waved 3/28/2022

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

My wife had her interview this week. It went great. Very easy and straight forward. Interview lasted maybe 10 minutes. Only info and paperwork they asked for were our babies birth cert. And proof of my wife and me actually being a couple, I gave my work insurance coverage with her included. Good luck to everyone. If you have any questions I can help with I'll do my best. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

had Green card interview part 2 on friday. Interviewer asked my wife every yes/no question from i-485. they only asked me like 3 questions.

she said she was going to approve my wife's GC, and stamped her passport for our up coming trip to take the place of her ead/ap combo card. Just in case the GC doesnt show up before our trip. 

The status check still shows the case must be reviewed. but i guess thats normal.

Corona, you can't stop us now, tonight we're on the loose

Edited by jeffo

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Approved for the Green Card at the interview as of yesterday.

We were handed a paper approval notice and given verbal approval.

Questions included:

To my wife:

Interviewer asked the terrorist/threat/criminal questions on the original I-485.

The questions below were asked directly from the I-485, our interviewer was going over the application start-to-finish checking off each section it seemed.

What is your full name?

What is his full name?

What is his birthday? My wife as actually a little anxious and gave the wrong month here.

When did you get married? Wifey also messed up with the wrong year, haha, and the interviewer looked surprised but I played it off and told the interviewer she's kind of anxious and reassured my wife to be careful.

Your mother's birthday?

Your mother's full name?

Then some open-ended question to both of us: 

How did you meet? I, husband, answered the first half, and handed off the story to my wife.

What did you (directed at husband) like about her?

What did you (directed at wife) like about him?

Why did you (directed at husband) prefer dating outside the country? Haha.

And just like that we were approved. No separation, no stress, no scary interview rooms. It was a very personable interview that you might find akin to going to a bank and speaking to your financial adviser, we both were sat just  apart from her desk, and she gave us some candy right after everything was said and done.

Special note that we were adjusting from K-1 status and the interviewer specifically thanked us after the interviewer for submitting the I-693 with the I-485 application. She said had we not submitted that, she was going to request an RFE from us.

She also commended me on the Affidavit of Support not being an issue and told me she had some denials because of that recently as we waked out.

K-1 Visa Journey

Spoiler

tYjbOzI.png

H1GRDFO.png

AOS Journey

Spoiler

06/13/2019 Original AOS (Only I-485) sent off to Chicago Lockbox via USPS

06/15/2019 I-485 delivered 

06/24/2019 Received NOA1 Hard Copy 

07/09/2019 Original I-765 sent off to Chicago Lockbox via USPS

07/11/2019 I-765 delivered

07/12/2019 Received Biometrics Appointment Letter scheduled for 7/24/2019 @  10:00

07/15/2019 Received NOA1 for I-765

07/16/2019 Biometrics completed early, no issues

07/17/2019 Case Status updated to 'Fingerprint Review Was Completed'; I-485 is being processed.

01/17/2020 Case Status on I-485 updated to 'Interview Was Scheduled'

01/25/2020 Received interview notice scheduled for 2/24/2020 in the mail with the interview date and instructions

02/10/2020 Case Status on I-765 updated to 'New Card Is Being Produced' (214 days from delivery)

02/11/2020 Case Status on I-765 updated to 'Case Was Approved'

02/12/2020 Case Status on I-765 updated to 'Card Was Mailed To Me', but no tracking info as of yet.

02/13/2020 Case Status on I-765 updated to 'Card Was Picked Up By The United States Postal Service', tracking info received.

02/14/2020 Received NOA2, approval notice in the mail, for I-765

02/15/2020 EAD Card in hand, by USPS

02/24/2020 I-485 Interview; passed and approved! Status updated to 'New Card is Being Produced'

02/25/2020 I-485 updated to 'Case Was Approved'

02/27/2020 I-485 updated to 'Card Was Mailed To Me', no tracking info.

03/02/2020 Green Card in Hand.

2 hours ago, Hirotoyoto said:

hello everyone,

my wife got approved for advance of patrol and got her work permit card. what does she needs to bring if she wants to travel outside the US?

thanks!

crazy that you wait since June.  anyway congrats on getting the approval.  for travel just a passport and the EAD/AP combo card I think.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I checked my case status today, after checking everyday since August, and it finally changed to Interview Was Scheduled and I've been crying since then! 

Does anyone know how much in advance the interviews are? My husband and I will have been married for 2 years, in April, and I don't know if I should reschedule so I get the interview after that, and have the 10 year green card instead of the 2 year one. Would that be dumb? Anyone knows how hard it is to reschedule? I'd appreciate all the help! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
20 hours ago, Carolinaaa said:

I checked my case status today, after checking everyday since August, and it finally changed to Interview Was Scheduled and I've been crying since then! 

Does anyone know how much in advance the interviews are? My husband and I will have been married for 2 years, in April, and I don't know if I should reschedule so I get the interview after that, and have the 10 year green card instead of the 2 year one. Would that be dumb? Anyone knows how hard it is to reschedule? I'd appreciate all the help! 

The interview is usually 4-6 weeks ahead. So, if you got married in early to mid April you could get an interview after the 2 year mark (see @Malaka2019 above - they got April 9th as their date) :) If your anniversary is late April, you'd probably have to reschedule to get a date after the anniversary. 

Also, I don't think that's dumb at all. Removing conditions is a pain (and more $$$), so I wouldn't blame you one bit for trying to get an interview after your 2 year anniversary. I *think* there are instructions on the interview letter regarding getting a new date, but I'm not 100% sure. Just wait to see what date you actually get first. 

K1 to AOS                                                                                   AOS/EAD/AP                                                                      N-400

03/01/2018 - I-129F Mailed                                              06/19/2019 - NOA1 Date                                              01/27/2023 - N-400 Filed Online

03/08/2018 - NOA1 Date                                                    07/11/2019 - Biometrics Appt                                   02/23/2023 - Biometrics Appt
09/14/2018 - NOA2 Date                                                    12/13/2019 - EAD/AP Approved                               04/03/2023 - Interview Scheduled

10/16/2018 - NVC Received                                              12/17/2019 - Interview Scheduled                          05/10/2023 - Interview - APPROVED!

10/21/2018 - Packet 3 Received                                      01/29/2020 - Interview - APPROVED!                  OFFICIALLY A U.S. CITIZEN! 

12/30/2018 - Packet 3 Sent                                               02/04/2020 - Green Card Received! 

01/06/2019 - Packet 4 Received                                     ROC - I-751

01/29/2019 - Interview - APPROVED!                           11/02/2021 - Mailed ROC Packet

02/05/2019 - Visa Received                                             11/04/2021 - NOA1 Date

05/17/2019 - U.S. Arrival                                                     01/19/2022 - Biometrics Waived

05/24/2019 - Married ❤️                                                    02/04/2023 - Transferred to New Office

06/14/2019 - Mailed AOS Packet                                    05/10/2023 - APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
On 2/25/2020 at 6:31 AM, Hirotoyoto said:

hello everyone,

my wife got approved for advance of patrol and got her work permit card. what does she needs to bring if she wants to travel outside the US?

thanks!

the ap card (or combo ap/ead card) and her passport. if you get a flight, make sure her information is the same that's on her passport. If she changed her name after you married. bring a copy of the marriage certificate. so they will know why her passport and combocard have different last names

Edited by jeffo
i dont want these combined

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.