EandS2019

June 2019 AOS Filers

2,825 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Tomorrow is the big day. GC interview. We made our list, checked it twice. We will see if the Interviewing government agent will be nice.

I know my in-laws nicknames, pronouncing their actual names will be the tough part.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I am confused.

I had my interview today.

When our interviewer called me, as I walked up to him with my wife I started a joke with him immediately and we all chatted and laughed through the hallway to his office.

When we got to his office the guy just had us take the oath, we cracked jokes for a while then he went straight to ask me the YES/NO questions in the I-148.

He made some changes on the application and had me sign on the changes.

Next he asked for any supporting joint documents that we had.I gave it to him and he filed it.

He never asked any personal questions or anything about our life.

Then gave us a printout to acknowledge we came for the interview.then said even though the letter says it takes 120days to hear from them we would hear from them with 2-6 weeks and that was it.

I felt it was strange.He didn't ask for any of the things listed on the invitation letter.I went home with all the paperworkworks.

Is it normal???

Edited by Nwoke
Edit

33 minutes ago, Nwoke said:

I am confused.

When our interviewer called me, as I walked up to him with my wife I started a joke with him immediately and we all chatted and laughed through the hallway to his office.

When we got to his office the guy just had us take the oath, we cracked jokes for a while then he went straight to ask me the YES/NO questions in the I-148.

Next he asked for any supporting joint documents that we had.I gave it to him and he filed it.

Then gave us a printout to acknowledge we came for the interview.then said even though the letter says it takes 120days to hear from them we would hear from them with 2-6 weeks and that was it.

I felt it was strange.He didn't ask for any of the things listed on the invitation letter.I went home with all the paperworkworks.

Is it normal???

Wow!That was nice.I hope I get the same experience.Am wondering if I have to do another affidavit of support or something.Does any one know?.I habe my interview on the 3 march

Timeline
8 minutes ago, babie said:

Wow!That was nice.I hope I get the same experience.Am wondering if I have to do another affidavit of support or something.Does any one know?.I habe my interview on the 3 march

My case has changed to NEW CARD BEING produced!

If the affidavit with which the AOS was filed is good.You don't need a new one cos they already have it.But you may just go with one but it is 99.9% likely that you will go home with it.

Our income as a family has increased considerably since last year.We had to make a new affidavit with updated new name, updated income and everything but they didn't ask for it cos the one we filed with the petition was ok.

Edited by Nwoke
Edit

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Nwoke said:

I am confused.

Is it normal???

Hi is the printout that they handed to you states about the removal of conditions? or different than that? we had our interview today and she didn’t tell us if we’re approve or not she just handed us a paperwork about removal of conditions signed but both of us and the IO.

thank you and Congratulations 🎉 

US Date of Entry:                                 05/11/2019

Date of Marriage:                                06/28/2019
I-485 / I-765 / I-131 Sent :                  07/31/2019

I-485 / I-765 / I-131 Received:           08/01/2019

Credit Card Charged:                           08/05/2019
I-485 / I-765 / I-131 NOA1 :                08/05/2019    
Biometrics Letter Received :              08/16/2019
Biometrics Appointment Date :         08/29/2019

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 hours ago, Nwoke said:

If the affidavit with which the AOS was filed is good.You don't need a new one cos they already have it.But you may just go with one but it is 99.9% likely that you will go home with it.

Our income as a family has increased considerably since last year.We had to make a new affidavit with updated new name, updated income and everything but they didn't ask for it cos the one we filed with the petition was ok.

Congrats!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
10 hours ago, jeffo said:

Tomorrow is the big day. GC interview. We made our list, checked it twice. We will see if the Interviewing government agent will be nice.

I know my in-laws nicknames, pronouncing their actual names will be the tough part.

I doubt they'll ask for your in-laws names but, if they do, they'll understand that they are hard for you to pronounce. Best of luck with your interview!

7 hours ago, Nwoke said:

Cograts

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Quick question for folks who did their interviews already.  Did you see any status change after Interview Scheduled and before New Card Being Produced?  My wife and I had our interview last Friday and similar to @Nwoke it was very straight forward, however our status still says Interview Scheduled a week later.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Just now, xotermic said:

Quick question for folks who did their interviews already.  Did you see any status change after Interview Scheduled and before New Card Being Produced?  My wife and I had our interview last Friday and similar to @Nwoke it was very straight forward, however our status still says Interview Scheduled a week later.

My status got changed to 'New Card being produced'  just 30 min after the interview was over. 

Still i have seen  thr are many cases here where status havnt changed at all

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
On 2/12/2020 at 9:53 AM, jeffo said:

Well, we got about 5 minutes into the interview, when the interviewer suggested we come back with a translator. my wife speaks, reads, writes english. But some of the words and the wording of those questions confused her,or she just didn't know the words. We will go back next friday to try again. 

the interviewer was stern with me when she asked a question directed toward my wife and i began to answer.

the interviewer mentioned, it was hard to understand my wife because of her smile direct aligners. i said, "well, good thing our insurance paid for half of it"

when we were leaving, she said, "we will go over these questions again with a translator, then just check your evidence of relationship". i said, your hands on the album right now, there's 104 pictures in there.  then she said something making it seem like that she saw the album, and that i mentioned insurance for my wife's teeth make her know this is a Bonafide relationship and she will stamp my wife's passport so we can go have our ceremony in Thailand net month.

I'd feel better if we just got this out of the way, but we need to wait 8 more days now.

my wife feels bad because she feels she failed because she couldn't understand everything and we have to come back

Timeline
22 hours ago, ErickandLeo said:

Hi is the printout that they handed to you states about the removal of conditions? or different than that? we had our interview today and she didn’t tell us if we’re approve or not she just handed us a paperwork about removal of conditions signed but both of us and the IO.

thank you and Congratulations 🎉 

No it didn't

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
On 2/11/2020 at 4:02 AM, Joyoussinger said:

If she has had all the required vaccines, and her DS-3025 is marked "complete", she is good to go.

So as long as "K visa applicant has voluntarily completed vaccination requirements" is checked everything should be good to go? I only ask again because some of the vacines listed have B and F marked next to them. Thanks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Pablito said:

So as long as "K visa applicant has voluntarily completed vaccination requirements" is checked everything should be good to go? I only ask again because some of the vacines listed have B and F marked next to them. Thanks.

"B" means there isn't time to finish a series and "F" means the influenza vaccine wasn't available at the time. Both are accepted waivers and you should be okay. I'm assuming it wasn't flu season when your medical was done?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.