navirith

enter with G4 visa after overstay

48 posts in this topic

43 minutes ago, rynavi said:

they did't ask him they just ask him if he gonna need a sponsor for a visa he said yes and they send the paper work to the embassy

So he didn’t tell them, he should have volunteered the information... I’m guessing the world bank doesn’t usually find itself interviewing overstays, so no reason for them to ask. I suggest he contact the visa department at the world bank to ask them if they know.

41 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

Something doesn’t sound right here.  I would be surprised if the World Bank would be so casual about petitioning potential employees as “you gonna need a sponsor, bud?”

Not unusual, people with green cards or even - gasp - foreign born citizens apply for jobs at the international institutions too! It makes less sense for someone who has to pay tax, but still, residents do. And people do interview while on tourist or student visas too. As I alluded to before, the process is very different to a company sponsored H or L visa. It’s usually just about as simple as the institution saying “we have a job for this person in DC “ (or wherever in the US) and the visa gets issued.

Edited by SusieQQQ

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

You're "asking for a friend" and "so scared" yet you seem to know every last detail about his application and US immigration past. I'm willing to bet the friend is you. 

Either way, your"friend" has a 10 year ban. And why would the US make an exception for someone who broke our immigration laws? Answer: They definitely will not.

1 minute ago, Cathi said:

You're "asking for a friend" and "so scared" yet you seem to know every last detail about his application and US immigration past. I'm willing to bet the friend is you. 

Either way, your"friend" has a 10 year ban. And why would the US make an exception for someone who broke our immigration laws? Answer: They definitely will not.

hello cathy how are you doing ? you speak about the thing you don't know like a said it is my best friend. and if it was your best friend you will be scare and sad  about the situation. i came here to ask for advice not to be judged.  

i really appreciate your answer thanks 

1 hour ago, SusieQQQ said:

Not unusual, people with green cards or even - gasp - foreign born citizens apply for jobs at the international institutions too! It makes less sense for someone who has to pay tax, but still, residents do. And people do interview while on tourist or student visas too. As I alluded to before, the process is very different to a company sponsored H or L visa. It’s usually just about as simple as the institution saying “we have a job for this person in DC “ (or wherever in the US) and the visa gets issued.

That simple?  No vetting or paperwork or hoops to jump through, like for other visas?  Surprising.

So do you think a past overstay is no big deal then?

2 hours ago, rynavi said:

thanks for answer because we thought that they can make exception with that kind of visa specially when the organisation send a paperwork to the ambassy

Inadmissible is inadmissible. It means he cannot he admitted until the bar is waived or expires.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I think there's a ban in place. If OP doesn't believe what people are saying then the only way for OP to know for sure is to apply and find out.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, rynavi said:

they did't ask him they just ask him if he gonna need a sponsor for a visa he said yes and they send the paper work to the embassy

It's not up to them to ask, really...it's up to him to disclose that relevant information to them.  He obviously did not, as they wouldn't have gone ahead with anything after that point.  

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

2 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

That simple?  No vetting or paperwork or hoops to jump through, like for other visas?  Surprising.

So do you think a past overstay is no big deal then?

Nope, that’s not what I said at all, I said before (more than once) that it is probably an issue and he likely faces a ban, and I presume you actually read my posts saying that.

I was specifically referencing  your comment showing skepticism about the WB not seeming to think visa sponsorship is a big issue. It’s because it’s not like an H or L where the consulate checks the job, confirms it meets visa requirements, etc etc and the sponsoring employer has to jump through all the hoops - which is the usual reason it’s hard to get work visas.  The international institutions really do have it much easier. 

Edit: this is what they need:

A diplomatic note – This note is written confirmation from the international organization or NATO of your status and your official purpose for coming to the United States. Beginning July 1, 2014, the diplomatic note submitted with any G-4 visa application outside the United States, and for any request for a change into such visa status in the United States, must include the following information:

the international organization officer's or employee's name, date of birth, position and title, the international organization where the individual will be serving, the purpose of travel, a brief description of his or her duties, travel date, and the anticipated length of stay in the United States, and

the names, relationships, and dates of birth of any dependents and other members of household who will be accompanying or joining the officer or employee.

and note this below - very different from most work visas. Obviously an interview is likely to be requested in this case.

Embassies and consulates generally do not require an interview for those applying for G-1 - 4 and NATO-1 - 6 visas, although a consular officer can request an interview.

Edited by SusieQQQ

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Mkaes you wonder how the interview went, well tell me what you are doing, I have been visiting the US for the last 2 1/2 years.....

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Timeline

Sorry to break the news to you all -- but the G4 is a diplomatic visa.  As such, normal ineligibilities do not apply. The only inabilities that can be found against a peron on a G4 application are under Section 212(a)(3), which are basically terrorism-related.

So, for the purposes of a G4, the overstay does not make a difference and the person will NOT be found ineligible. However, it will apply in the future to any non-diplomatic visa applications.  The 10 year ban is merely suspended until after the individual leaves the United States at the end of the G4.

Well, sounds like OP may be good to go on the G4, since it is not subject to the same parameters as other NIVs.  OP, definitely come back and let us know if you get the visa.

1 hour ago, jan22 said:

Sorry to break the news to you all -- but the G4 is a diplomatic visa.  As such, normal ineligibilities do not apply. The only inabilities that can be found against a peron on a G4 application are under Section 212(a)(3), which are basically terrorism-related.

So, for the purposes of a G4, the overstay does not make a difference and the person will NOT be found ineligible. However, it will apply in the future to any non-diplomatic visa applications.  The 10 year ban is merely suspended until after the individual leaves the United States at the end of the G4.

Thanks for the clarification. I did not realize that IO employees also got covered by the diplomatic exemption- I had thought you needed an actual diplomatic passport for that but it seems from what you say that G4 is enough.

It’s interesting though that the 10 year ban will begin after the G visa exit. That would also mean there is no path to a green card directly from a G4 in this instance?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Everyone is giving these international Institutions credit to do the right thing.These institutions do not care about our immigration law, they constantly sending rapists and white collar criminals into our country, then when they commit a crime, they simply go back under diplomatic immunity. Of course there is nothing in the news about this.  Talking about swamp, United Nations is the biggest one.

11 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

Thanks for the clarification. I did not realize that IO employees also got covered by the diplomatic exemption- I had thought you needed an actual diplomatic passport for that but it seems from what you say that G4 is enough.

It’s interesting though that the 10 year ban will begin after the G visa exit. That would also mean there is no path to a green card directly from a G4 in this instance?

Not all G visas have that protection from ineligibilities, but the G4 does. 

And, you're right -- the ban will still apply to any non-diplomatic visa, so no adjustment or change of status is possible (unless a waiver is granted, of course).

3 hours ago, Calicolom said:

Everyone is giving these international Institutions credit to do the right thing.These institutions do not care about our immigration law, they constantly sending rapists and white collar criminals into our country, then when they commit a crime, they simply go back under diplomatic immunity. Of course there is nothing in the news about this.  Talking about swamp, United Nations is the biggest one.

I would love to know where your information about this comes from (especially since you say it's not in the news), as it is grossly inaccurate.  One of the biggest legal issues with diplomatic visa holders in NYC and DC is the non-payment of traffic and parking tickets -- not even close to the crimes you are describing.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.