navirith

enter with G4 visa after overstay

48 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, rynavi said:

he came with a visitor visa of 1 year but stayed 3 years then he applied to the World Bank while he was illegal here and he was hired. the world asked him to go back to apply for his visa in his country of origin and the bank to send the paper to the embassy so that it has an international worker visa but I wondered if the fact of being illegally will allow him to come back here with his visa to use international. here is the story

No. He has a 10 year ban for overstaying his tourist visa. 

Edited by Roel

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

I know a number of people who have worked/still work for the IMF and World Bank in DC, and I am not aware of any dispensation that allows their employees to circumvent usual US immigration rules. But the right people to ask to confirm that is the department within the WB that deals with employee visas.

Edited by SusieQQQ

17 minutes ago, rynavi said:

even if the world bank send a paper work to the ambassy? ho my gosh i'm so scare

Scared for your "friend"?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, rynavi said:

yes of course it's my best friend because he already left usa and i'm scare that he cant come back again

And sounds exactly like he won't for quite a long, long time.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

11 minutes ago, Roel said:

No. He has a 10 year ban for overstaying his tourist visa. 

thanks for answer because we thought that they can make exception with that kind of visa specially when the organisation send a paperwork to the ambassy

1 minute ago, rynavi said:

thanks for answer because we thought that they can make exception with that kind of visa specially when the organisation send a paperwork to the ambassy

But why?  He has already overstayed on one nonimmigrant visa, so why would he be issued another?  He has demonstrated he is high risk for overstay by doing so.

Timeline

I assume he also did not tell the world bank when he applied that he was in the US unlawfully? I doubt they would have even bothered to talk anymore to him let alone pay money and time to get paperwork together for something that will merely get denied. 

02/03/2017 - Married 

17 minutes ago, rynavi said:

Did he tell the world bank guys he was here illegally? Was that the reason they asked him to apply from home? Or did he not mention it and that is just how they do things?

he has to declare his overstay on his visa application. 

I know from my friends that generally there is no discretion on G4 (not like say H1 or L visa), if the WB etc says the job is there they can’t question that and must issue the visa, but I don’t know if (and to be honest I don’t think ) that is enough to overcome an entry ban to the US.

Edited by SusieQQQ

8 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

Did he tell the world bank guys he was here illegally? Was that the reason they asked him to apply from home? Or did he not mention it and that is just how they do things?

he has to declare his overstay on his visa application. 

I know from my friends that generally there is no discretion on G4 (not like say H1 or L visa), if the WB etc says the job is there they can’t question that and must issue the visa, but I don’t know if (and to be honest I don’t think ) that is enough to overcome an entry ban to the US.

thanks susie

1 minute ago, rynavi said:

they did't ask him they just ask him if he gonna need a sponsor for a visa he said yes and they send the paper work to the embassy

Something doesn’t sound right here.  I would be surprised if the World Bank would be so casual about petitioning potential employees as “you gonna need a sponsor, bud?”

Timeline

They didn't ask, more like he did not 'disclose' his situation as they would have turned him away quickly. 

02/03/2017 - Married 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.