2,108 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Finally!  We received all three text notifications last night! 😄  And money taken out of my account!! Who knew that would be so exciting! Haha

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline
On 5/15/2019 at 7:33 PM, PelagijaP said:

Hello all. I am about to start preparing and hopefully send my AOS application before 29th of May (that is when my I94 expires). I wanted to ask:

Can I send normal, ordinary copy of birth certificate or it has to be certified? 

Also, while in my country I had my birth certificate translated into English by a certified translator, but they made holes in birth certificate and translation and connected them with a seal and a ribbon. I don't know if I can unseal it and send translation that now has 2 puncture holes. Do you think it would be all right? Or can I just send it connected- original BC and translation and a add a copy of BC? 

I don't know if anyone answered you or not. The holes & ribbon show it's been apostilled - basically meaning that it's guaranteed original. So don't separate it! They are asking for a copy, so don't send this one, just make photocopies of all of it that is ribboned together & send those. 

Timeline
On 5/16/2019 at 6:42 AM, MateR said:

It’s weird, our NOA1s, were supposed to arrive May 11th at the mailbox according to usps informed delivery. Yet it’s Thursday and we still don’t have them. Every other day of last week M-F whatever was supposed to come was delivered and same for this week M-W so far as well. 

Beginning to wonder what happened. Thinking of calling up USCIS.

That is strange. I would be calling the post office. Informed delivery means they had it in their hands to deliver it to you, so you should find out from USPS what's going on. Good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 3:42 AM, MateR said:

It’s weird, our NOA1s, were supposed to arrive May 11th at the mailbox according to usps informed delivery. Yet it’s Thursday and we still don’t have them. Every other day of last week M-F whatever was supposed to come was delivered and same for this week M-W so far as well. 

Beginning to wonder what happened. Thinking of calling up USCIS.

This happened to me before with the approval notice from I-29F petition, it showed up on informed delivery but didn't arrive. I tried contacting the post office and they said there's nothing much they can do because it was sent through regular mail. I think mine was definitely just misdelivered and was sent back to USCIS. You can file for a misplaced form on the website after a certain number of days (maybe 20?) I got a message from USCIS saying the letter was returned back and they would send another one at no cost. They sent the second one and I received it I think around 30-35 days after the first one should've arrived. 

So I wouldn't worry, if they happened to misdeliver it, I think any person who received it would see that it is important information and send it back to the sender. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline
6 hours ago, Moon&Stars said:

That is strange. I would be calling the post office. Informed delivery means they had it in their hands to deliver it to you, so you should find out from USPS what's going on. Good luck!

3 hours ago, Akipog said:

This happened to me before with the approval notice from I-29F petition, it showed up on informed delivery but didn't arrive. I tried contacting the post office and they said there's nothing much they can do because it was sent through regular mail. I think mine was definitely just misdelivered and was sent back to USCIS. You can file for a misplaced form on the website after a certain number of days (maybe 20?) I got a message from USCIS saying the letter was returned back and they would send another one at no cost. They sent the second one and I received it I think around 30-35 days after the first one should've arrived. 

So I wouldn't worry, if they happened to misdeliver it, I think any person who received it would see that it is important information and send it back to the sender. 

Thanks for your replies - we are waiting til Monday/Tuesday of next week. The problem I have is that this was supposed to show up on May 11th through informed delivery - yea its a saturday but still - every email i received the days preceeding M-F was delivered on same day, and after saturday all this week same deal. I and the SO are beginning to think we live with some unsavory people who might have had something to do with the disappearance. I should all be relegated soon however as we are due to move out within the month.
We figured we would call USCIS to let them know we did not receive it by the date they ask on the USCIS App.
So no worries. Again, thanks for your replies.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 5/15/2019 at 9:54 PM, nv618 said:

Hello everyone, 

Just preparing our AOS packet and hope to have it shipped out in a couple days. 

The only thing I’m really concerned about is the affidavit of support. I have read on the forums as well as the official instructions that you should either submit a copy of the 2018 1099/1040 forms and 2018 W2 OR your official IRS tax transcript. And that if you submit the 1099/1040 forms/W2, then you should NOT also include a copy of your official IRS transcript as that could convolute things. 

But then I read someone say that they heard if you DON’T submit a copy of the IRS tax transcript, you are running a huge risk? 

Anyone have any insight on this? I’m so unsure of what exactly to send! 

Thank you!

On 5/16/2019 at 4:22 AM, Faith88’ said:

I sent in my transcripts for the past three years.. which is the same method I used when filing the K1 and had no issues..

For the taxes-
You have 2 choices:
1) Send in the actual tax returns WITH the supporting documents OR
2) Send your IRS transcript.

Both things tell the story. With IRS transcript, you don't need the 1099s, etc since that's a government issue document. It is assumed that by the time they government created that transcript, they reviewed your tax return to ensure it's accuracy.
They want that stuff with the tax return to verify that the info in the tax return (i.e. 1040 form) is correct.

For my story- I did tax return with supporting documents and that was fine. No RFEs or delays

Also an FYI-- following the instructions on the forms tend to be the best way forward. People interpret things too many different ways. lol

Edited by emekus94

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
Just now, emekus94 said:

oth things tell the story. With IRS transcript, you don't need the 1099s, etc since that's a government issue document. It is assumed that by the time they government created that transcript, they reviewed your tax return to ensure it's accuracy.
They want that stuff with the tax return to verify that the info in the tax return (i.e. 1040 form) is correct.

The way I see it, an IRS tax transcript PROVES you filed your taxes...a tax return only proves you prepared the return (not necessarily filed)...

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 minute ago, missileman said:

The way I see it, an IRS tax transcript PROVES you filed your taxes...a tax return only proves you prepared the return (not necessarily filed)...

Well said missileman.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline
10 hours ago, Moon&Stars said:

I don't know if anyone answered you or not. The holes & ribbon show it's been apostilled - basically meaning that it's guaranteed original. So don't separate it! They are asking for a copy, so don't send this one, just make photocopies of all of it that is ribboned together & send those. 

Thank you, will do that. Everything is almost ready, wasn't as complicated as I feared. Saying that, since I am doing it in the last moment I hope I didn't mess something up...

Only thing left is to get IRS transcripts from my USC husband and letter from his employer. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Noa 1 came in today :D

We will be going to Washington for 4 days next month for a friend's wedding. I hope biometrics appointment schedule won't be on the same days we're out. We'll pray for that 🙏

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Also received our NOA1 forms in the mail yesterday.  Now we're just waiting on my fiancee's SSN to come in. Already been a month now of waiting for it..

Edited by Spardasa

Timeline
On 5/19/2019 at 6:14 PM, Ana_and_Derek said:

We received the biometrics appt letter a couple of days ago. 

Yay! Did you happen to notice if it was updated on any of the tracking websites that was used during the K-1 process? I'm curious if it shows anything at all anywhere or if we are completely reliant on the postman. Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.