2,108 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 minute ago, j.b. said:

the priority date is the received date written in NOA 1

i am confused now...earlier i put same recieved date of NOA1 ..bt i was not sure..thats y i thought to ask ppl here .

:( :(

Just sent our aos package out, should be arriving next monday. 

I really hope I did everything right and included everything. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 5/13/2019 at 8:04 AM, kevin_1 said:

AOS Package ship via FedEx April 26
FedEx packages were delivered on April 30 10:53 am signed by A. Justine.

NO Receipt Letter NO check withdrawal till today (13 days past)

CALL today  USCIS: 800-375-5283
They don't seem to find my application.  They going to give a call back within two-three days.

Is this incident happen to anyone?

I sent out package apr. 30, delivered May, 2

have not heard anything as of May, 15 😕

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

Hello all. I am about to start preparing and hopefully send my AOS application before 29th of May (that is when my I94 expires). I wanted to ask:

Can I send normal, ordinary copy of birth certificate or it has to be certified? 

Also, while in my country I had my birth certificate translated into English by a certified translator, but they made holes in birth certificate and translation and connected them with a seal and a ribbon. I don't know if I can unseal it and send translation that now has 2 puncture holes. Do you think it would be all right? Or can I just send it connected- original BC and translation and a add a copy of BC? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hello everyone, 

Just preparing our AOS packet and hope to have it shipped out in a couple days. 

The only thing I’m really concerned about is the affidavit of support. I have read on the forums as well as the official instructions that you should either submit a copy of the 2018 1099/1040 forms and 2018 W2 OR your official IRS tax transcript. And that if you submit the 1099/1040 forms/W2, then you should NOT also include a copy of your official IRS transcript as that could convolute things. 

But then I read someone say that they heard if you DON’T submit a copy of the IRS tax transcript, you are running a huge risk? 

Anyone have any insight on this? I’m so unsure of what exactly to send! 

Thank you!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline

It’s weird, our NOA1s, were supposed to arrive May 11th at the mailbox according to usps informed delivery. Yet it’s Thursday and we still don’t have them. Every other day of last week M-F whatever was supposed to come was delivered and same for this week M-W so far as well. 

Beginning to wonder what happened. Thinking of calling up USCIS.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
6 hours ago, nv618 said:

Hello everyone, 

Just preparing our AOS packet and hope to have it shipped out in a couple days. 

The only thing I’m really concerned about is the affidavit of support. I have read on the forums as well as the official instructions that you should either submit a copy of the 2018 1099/1040 forms and 2018 W2 OR your official IRS tax transcript. And that if you submit the 1099/1040 forms/W2, then you should NOT also include a copy of your official IRS transcript as that could convolute things. 

But then I read someone say that they heard if you DON’T submit a copy of the IRS tax transcript, you are running a huge risk? 

Anyone have any insight on this? I’m so unsure of what exactly to send! 

Thank you!

I sent in my transcripts for the past three years.. which is the same method I used when filing the K1 and had no issues..

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
4 hours ago, Faith88’ said:

I sent in my transcripts for the past three years.. which is the same method I used when filing the K1 and had no issues..

Ok, so you sent in copies of transcripts, does that mean you did not also include your W2 and copies of tax returns? Just the transcripts by themselves?

1 minute ago, nv618 said:

Ok, so you sent in copies of transcripts, does that mean you did not also include your W2 and copies of tax returns? Just the transcripts by themselves?

I only sent the transcripts 

K1 Process 192 Days (From Mailing to POE)

Spoiler

08-17-2018 Mailed I-129F to Dallas, TX

08-20-2018 Delivered to Dallas, TX

08-23-2018 USCIS Text and email with Receipt #

08-27-2018 Received NOA1 Hard Copy

11-21-2018 CFO Interview- Passed. Received certificate and Receipt.

01-11-2019 Approved I129F. Received Text and Email. 

01-14-2019 NOA2 Hard Copy received- Stated Received date as 20Aug18, and NOA2 date as 10Jan19. DS-160 Submitted

01-25-2019 NVC Case Number by phone.

01-28-2019 Paid Visa Fee at BPI

01-29-2019 Scheduled Interview

02-05-2019 Case "In Transit" from NVC to USEM Philippines

02-07-2019 “Case Ready” at NVC 

02-08-2019 Received NVC Letter email

02-12-2019 Completed Medical

02-14-2019 Interview Passed

02-15-2019 Case Immigrant "Administrative Processing"

02-25-2019 Case “Nonimmigrant Administrative Processing”

02-27-2019 Visa Issued

03-04-2019 Visa On Hand

03-06-2019 CFO Sticker received

03-07-2019 POE Atlanta 

AOS Process

Spoiler

05-03-2019 Mailed AOS/EAD/AP

05-07-2019 Packet arrived to USCIS

05-28-2019 AOS Fee Charged to Card

05-29-2019 NOA Date

06-03-2019 Received NOA Receipts

06-07-2019 Biometrics Letter

06-17-2019 Biometrics appointment

08-07-2019 Ready to schedule interview

08-27-2019 Interview Scheduled

09-03-2019 Interview letter received.

09-18-2019 EAD Card in production 

09-19-2019 AP Approved

09-23-2019 EAD Card mailed

09-30-2019 EAD Card received 

10-04-2019 Interview passed/Card in production

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline

Finally, text notification got last night regarding the package(AOS) I send. 

But only two of them(I-485, I-131), not all three.  ummm...USCIS drive me crazy.  Why they do not work consistently with little things missing here there.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.