Aska

K1 Visa Interview - case returned to NVC

130 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 minutes ago, geowrian said:

Exactly. Right after I stepped away, it came to me to point this out. It's likely pointless, but it's the only option with > 0% chance to salvage the existing K-1 application. Once it is sent back to NVC, it becomes 0%.

I thought it was pointless making such a request with Manila,  can only imagine the chances in Islamabad 

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
8 minutes ago, payxibka said:

I thought it was pointless making such a request with Manila,  can only imagine the chances in Islamabad 

I heard that they yell a lot in the  Islamabad embassy.....

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
6 hours ago, Aska said:

But he said NVC will get in touch with you for further evidence. How does this mean that my case expired? He didn’t say that your visa is denied.

They will not

the visa is returned to USCIS office and is allowed to die out

K1's can not be appealed either 

If USC can visit that many times ,   go the CR1 route and address what the CO said to in interview

36 minutes ago, missileman said:

I heard that they yell a lot in the  Islamabad embassy.....

Reading the posts about the interviews there it seems there are a lot of sensitive ears...😉

Edited by boris64

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
45 minutes ago, payxibka said:

At least it worked for your situation so maybe there could be a slimmer of hope for the OP then. But if Op's file goes out of the embassy's door all hope will be gone.

Edited by nastra30

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You gotta look at it from the CO's point of view:

- visiting frequency out of the cultural norm for unmarried couple

- previous divorce 

-did not bring divorce paperwork to interview

-mentioned how K1 is faster rather than spousal visa which can infer to the CO more focus on moving to the US rather than the relationship itself

What other evidence did you bring to the interview (if any)?  What types of evidence did you submit with the application? Photos, etc.?  Specifically any photos that looked like a wedding ceremony?

Edited by Going through

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
3 hours ago, Aska said:

Yes I now found the original document now. But the question is will they get in touch with me to submit the document now or not? If 9 visits are a problem they shouldn’t have a k1 visa option for Pakistanis then. 

We filed k1 visa because it is the fastest!! And we wanted to be together asap

No  

the K1 will  not be further reviewed 

it is returned to the USCIS

no one there reviews K1 for futher evidence 

they deal with over 6 million new cases each year and they leave the approvals / denials up to the embassies

yours is a denial

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
3 hours ago, Aska said:

we have every right to speed up the process and choose the fastest possible way to be together 

No, actually you do not.

None of us do.

3 hours ago, Aska said:

But we waited for almost 2 years!! Of course we wanna be together asap!! 

We cant stay apart this is effecting our relationship we have every right to speed up the process and choose the fastest possible way to be together 

We have also waited a bit more than 2-years and nothing has affected our relationship during this wait.
But it has only gotten stronger during this duration of separation. I am not sure what so you mean by its
affecting our relationship? If you both love each other, then how this wait can be disturbing.

We also filed K-1, from Casablanca thinking this will be fast. Wish I had known CR-1 was a better option
from the beginning, and had known this site 6-months earlier before I filed.

Cannot undo what’s done already, so we are getting married and filing for CR-1 after the holy month,
so that we can officially be married, and give this wait a bit more meaningful in the eyes of people.
I agree with most of the people with CR-1 being the better choice, if you wish to re-file. Good Luck.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Unfortunately for the OP, like so many others on here that obviously want to be together and not be apart for long periods of time, that's just part of the process. If her fiance can afford to make 9 trips in one year they clearly can manage to make a few more during the next part of their journey. OP has to realize a lot of us are apart for 1-2 years without seeing eachother, some even longer, it's part of the sacrifice and commitment you make.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
7 hours ago, Aska said:

I had an interview with US embassy on 3rd April 2019 in Islamabad . VO asked me questions about our relationship - my fiance has visited me for about 9 times in past 1 year from Newyork, our relationship is authentic. But the VO said he’s returning the case to NVC for future review. What does this mean? And how much time can this take? He returned my passport and didn’t hand me over any paper stating a reason for not approving my petition - he kept my medical and my fiancés tax returns with him. 

I am worried about the timeline as I have already resigned ftom my job!!

firstly, Im sorry you resigned from your job, I dont think you should have done that without a visa yet because that is clearly stated not to leave your job, not to sell your house, not to buy a flight ticket until your visa was granted

secondly, you might as well go ahead and get married and file for a spousal visa, i might be wrong but i think one of the red flag was your fiance "visited you for about 9 times just within a year". the embassy can make an argument that you might as well go ahead and married..... also what specify questions were asked at the embassy????  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline
4 hours ago, Aska said:

We cant stay apart this is effecting our relationship we have every right to speed up the process and choose the fastest possible way to be together 

Fastest way possible would be for him to move to Pakistan tomorrow. Problem solved.

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
  5 hours ago, Aska said:

Fastest way possible would be for him to move to Pakistan tomorrow. Problem solved.

^^ THIS   I agree with this suggestion, if you really want to be together NOW.  The K-1 petition will go back to USCIS and die, if you wait and try to fight it you will just be apart longer.  He needs to withdraw the I-129F in writing, and move to Pakistan to be with you and make a life together there, get married, and file a CR-1 petition for a spousal visa.  He should maintain as many ties to the US as possible, like a US mailing address, voter registration, driver's license, continue filing US tax returns, owning property in the US, keep a US bank account, etc., and at some point later in the process (14 months approximately), he will need to return to the US before you to establish a US-based income or get a US-based co-sponsor.  With some jobs, you can work remotely with your supervisor's permission for a temporary period, or he can request a leave of absence without pay and later return to his same job.  It's going to come down to how badly he wants to be with you.  Sounds like it's time for a long and honest heart-to-heart video call between the two of you.  Good luck!  And next time make sure you have the correct documentation (divorce decrees).

Edited by carmel34

I feel like OP is being stubborn based on Op's replies. OP your visa is denied (we are sorry to inform you). the people here already told you the reasons.Don't linger too much on the NVC replying , it will not happen. 

I bet everyone knows the feeling of waiting here. So everybody feels for you, that's why we are recommending you some options for you and your fiance to be together.

but don't be discouraged, there are options:  refile k-1 or 

Maybe go for CR1, that's the best bet.

Also, before applying build a better case, complete your files ( divorce papers, etc)

I'm finally done! took oath at DEC 2019 😁

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
5 hours ago, Going through said:

This ^^

If your response to the CO's question about why you haven't gotten married yet is only "well the K1 is faster"....it might have sounded to the CO that your answer was more America-focused rather than relationship-focused.

What would be the best answer for this question? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.