DaveAndAnastasia

April 2019 AOS Filers(merged)

1,346 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

I’m  right there with you. We are on Day 193. I submitted a request on Sept 30. I will file a second one after 30 days (this week). 

Best of Luck !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Wow, can't believe they keep pushing the processing time date back. It's now at 5.5 - 7.5 months for "National Benefits Center" 🤮

We were suppose to have gotten back the travel/work permit in Aug...

Advice: KEEP BUSY!!

March 12 2018 - I-129F Sent to USCIS (Dallas) 

March 13 2018 - I-129F Delivered

March 19 2018 – Rec’d TEXT w/receipt #

March 19 2018 – Check Cleared

March 20 2018 - NOA1 Sent out

March 23 2018 - Received hard copy letter of NOA1 (Application in California Processing)

Oct 3 2018 USCIS mailed NOA2

Oct 4 2018 - Approved NOA2  via App (206 days of waiting)

Oct 9 2018  NOA2 Received via mail

Oct 24 2018 NVC Received Case

Oct 25 2018 NVC Case number received

Nov 1 2018 DS-160 Submitted online

Nov 14 2018 Case sent to embassy

Nov 16 2018 Case Arrived embassy NVC says "Ready"

Jan 10 2019 Medical exam completed

Jan 15 2019 Interview

Jan 16 2019 Interview Results - status "Issued"

Jan 24 2019 Visa in Hand 

Feb 18 2019 - POE

April 9 2019- Married!!!

April 27 2019- AOS Filed / Mailed

April 28 2019- AOS Delivered (Chicago)

May 2 2019 - Rec’d TEXT w/receipt # for AOS, EAD, & Travel / (NOA 1)

Nov 14 2019 - EAD & AP Approved

Nov 18 2019 - Card Mailed

Nov 21 2019 - Combo Card Rec'd

Jan 30 2020 - Green Card Interview

Jan 30 2020 - Card Approved and in Production

Feb 6 2020 - Greencard Rec'd

Timeline
On 10/26/2019 at 12:28 AM, Chris & Lucas said:

I had a similar situation. I had an RFIE as well for my birth certificate (still unsure why since I sent it originally with the translation). But it’s good that now you placed an inquiry. My EAD got approved about 2 weeks after I place the inquiry. Good luck! 

How long had you been waiting when you placed an inquiry?  Was it during the normal processing time or after?

My wife has been waiting 150 days + and the end of a November would’ve been our “out of process” inquiry time at 6.5 months.  They just extended everything to 7.5 months but I’m think I’m going to file an inquiry anyway.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, DWolf said:

How long had you been waiting when you placed an inquiry?  Was it during the normal processing time or after?

My wife has been waiting 150 days + and the end of a November would’ve been our “out of process” inquiry time at 6.5 months.  They just extended everything to 7.5 months but I’m think I’m going to file an inquiry anyway.

I think it was close to 6 months. After 60 days of USCIS not responding a request for evidence, you can also place an inquiry. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mozambique
Timeline

We were approved! Card was marked in production the same day!

We had our interview yesterday in Memphis. Nothing crazy, but the questions the interviewer started off with were! We went in armed with tons of relationship proof and she didn't ask for any of it. At the end (after we were more or less "approved"), I asked her if she wanted/needed any of it. She said that most people that have been married a short amount of time don't have a lot of shared things together at this point. Well, I gave her a copy of our lease, photos of a mini vacation, proof of shared bills/bank account, and photos of our wedding w/ invitation. She didn't even want our marriage certificate. 

Anyways, back to the questions she asked that are on one of the forms that I can't remember the specific name of. Like "Have you ever registered to vote?", "Have you ever claimed to be a citizen?", "Have you ever participated in any terroristic activities?", "Do you have any plans to spy on our government?", "Do you have military training?", I think she asked all of those questions that most people just go down the list and mark "no" on. To us these were crazy because we didn't prepare for them. I know you are likely thinking "well those are easy"..and they are when you know words like "spy" and don't take things literally as my husband has registered to vote......in his own country. He speaks English, but still needs practice in his technical English. So, those made his nerves shoot through the roof because he was so nervous about accidentally saying the wrong thing. 

After that she went on to ask a few relationship questions like "How did we meet?" "Why did I live in his country for so long?" "What was I doing there?" "When did he decide to marry me?" "When did we get engaged?" "What day did he start working?" "The address where he worked?" Etc. These were easier and the types of questions we were expecting.

He was shaky on some of it. He didn't remember the exact day we got engaged and the new office address as we just switched offices. However, all went well. The lady was nice and patient to repeat questions. We did use a translator because we had a horrible experience in our K1 interview that almost cost us approval. One might have helped a bit, but the lady also let me repeat questions to help him understand. All in all, it went well and thankful we have a break from this for a while. 

I-129F Sent: April 12, 2018

I-129F Received: April 13, 2018 (confirmation by email)

I-129F NOA1: April 18, 2018

I-129F NOA2: October 5, 2018 (received by mail on October 12, 2018)

NVC Received: November 1, 2018

NVC Case Number Assigned: November 2, 2018

Left NVC: November 13, 2018

Arrived at Embassy: November 19, 2018

Packet 3: November 27, 2018

Packet 4: December 14, 2018

Interview: February 7, 2019

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

I cant belive that the date fir a case inquiry went back again another month. It is the 3rd time my NOA1 date is close to the case inquiry date, and the date goes back to march! I am so tired....i Aldo tried an expedite request because i have a job offerta and they told me I was going to receive an email to send proof in 5 days (max 30). 25 days and still no news. I feel so low. Why is taking so long! This is unbelivable

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bahamas
Timeline
On 10/25/2019 at 3:29 PM, EA_ said:

Ugh, I'm kinda jealous with you all getting EADs and GCs or at least having an interview date. It's been 200 days since my file date and 189 days since my biometrics appointment and I have nothing :(

I was finally able to file an enquiry this week, let's see what happens.

Being unable to work for almost a year is getting on my nerves...

I'm out here in Staten Island, NY and our field office apparently will be in Brooklyn, NY. I came onto this forum to give myself and my husband insight on a projected timeline. So far everyone's TL impressed us by how fast the approvals were given until I stumbled upon your post and saw brooklyn field office. I've seen several posts on other websites that mentioned the Brooklyn field office approval timeline and it was not really positive. However, hang in there! You're wayyyyyyyy further than me :) I wish you nothing but positivity this week and would like to see updates from you :) 

Edited by DiazEdgecombe9194

Timeline

Aren’t EAD and APs handled at the National Benefits Center in Missouri and are separate from a AOS I-485 which are sent to the field office?  It’s so weird to me that there are EADs and APs approved quicker than some of us and we filed before other folks?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Quick question, we check marked the box to have SSN issues with AOS. How does this work? We hven't received any mil or anything and the CO didn't mention it. Is there something we need to do now? 

AOS/EAD/AP Filed: April 5, 2019 
NOA 1: April 12, 2019
Biometrics Appointment: May 8, 2019
RFIE Rec'd: June 21, 2019 - Request for long form birth certificate

RFIE Reply Sent: July 16, 2019
AOS Interview Date: October 3, 2019, APPROVED 

Green card Received: October 10, 2019

i-751 Filed: September 21, 2021

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
22 hours ago, BananaButton5 said:

Quick question, we check marked the box to have SSN issues with AOS. How does this work? We hven't received any mil or anything and the CO didn't mention it. Is there something we need to do now? 

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe to get SSN with AOS you would have had to get your EAD approved. Did you get your GC before EAD finished processing? If so, the SSN request probably never went through. You can apply for one at your local SSA -- bring your GC, marriage certificate, and passport.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

For those that have a green card now and have travelled outside the US, did you need anything other than passport and green card? 

03/29/2019: Filed I-130, I-130A, I-485, I-765, I-131, I-864

03/29/2019: Priority date for I-130 and I-485

03/31/2019: Delivered

04/05/2019: 12:30am Text Messages with receipt numbers received

04/05/2019: Checks cashed

04/08/2019: Hard copy NOA's received (I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131)

04/22/2019: Biometrics Completed

08/16/2019: Notification that Interview was Scheduled

09/24/2019: Interview Scheduled

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, Nicole567 said:

For those that have a green card now and have travelled outside the US, did you need anything other than passport and green card? 

Hey

I have just returned after a lovely 3 week vacation with my family in the U.K. 

I also took our Marriage License as my passport and tickets were in my maiden name and GC in married name. I had no problems at all. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Just had my interview in Chicago and my case was approved on the spot!! I’m so happy since it was only 2 days away from my bday :) 

The interview was very chill, she only asked us how we met and asked to submit evidence of our marriage. 
I am very glad I’m done with immigration for now. This process really messed me up during the months when I couldn’t work or do anything. 
I wish good luck for those still waiting, your time will come! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.