DaveAndAnastasia

April 2019 AOS Filers(merged)

1,346 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Chris & Lucas said:

I also had a J1 visa in the past. I sent them a translated college transcript as proof that I was in my home country during that 2 years period. Authorities from my country (Brazil) also provide a document called “migration movements” which lists the dates of when I left and entered the country. You could try and find something similar from your country.  I sent that on my application and had no issues. Also, make sure you send them a copy of your past j1 visa if you still have it. 

Thank you so much for the quick response!🤗

I will make sure to include the past J1 visa and will try to see if my home country issues a document similar to the one you mentioned.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
4 minutes ago, ciseyel said:

Thank you so much for the quick response!🤗

I will make sure to include the past J1 visa and will try to see if my home country issues a document similar to the one you mentioned.

You are welcome :) 

Send also anything related to your past J1 VISA. Like for example the DS 2019 document of you still have it. Best of luck to you! 

12 minutes ago, Chris & Lucas said:

You are welcome :) 

Send also anything related to your past J1 VISA. Like for example the DS 2019 document of you still have it. Best of luck to you! 

Thanks again!

And good luck on your interview! Sending you good vibes. 😁

received notification .. interview scheduled ! Salt lake City ,Utah ..  anybody here interviewing in Salt lake city soon  ? or interviews already ? 

Interview Was Scheduled

On October 21, 2019, we scheduled an interview for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, . We will mail you an interview notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Nashvan said:

Status changed to New Card Is Being Produced overnight (dated yesterday) so the IO must have approved after we left (even though she said up to a month)! :dance:

Best of luck to those still waiting!

That’s awesome! Congratulations :) 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Ugh, I'm kinda jealous with you all getting EADs and GCs or at least having an interview date. It's been 200 days since my file date and 189 days since my biometrics appointment and I have nothing :(

I was finally able to file an enquiry this week, let's see what happens.

Being unable to work for almost a year is getting on my nerves...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
15 minutes ago, EA_ said:

Ugh, I'm kinda jealous with you all getting EADs and GCs or at least having an interview date. It's been 200 days since my file date and 189 days since my biometrics appointment and I have nothing :(

I was finally able to file an enquiry this week, let's see what happens.

Being unable to work for almost a year is getting on my nerves...

That is very sad :( It's only been 120 days since I filed and I'm already frustrated. Did you have any RFIEs?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline
12 minutes ago, ds2 said:

That is very sad :( It's only been 120 days since I filed and I'm already frustrated. Did you have any RFIEs?

I had one back in June for the I-485 asking for a new birth certificate even though I filed the exact same thing listed on the Department of the State website as the only form of birth certificate accepted from my country.

And nothing since then, no updates, no new RFEs...

Edited by EA_

Timeline
2 minutes ago, EA_ said:

I had one back in June for the I-485 asking for a new birth certificate even though I filed the exact same thing listed on the Department of the State website as the only form of birth certificate accepted from my country.

And nothing since then, no updates, no new RFIs...

I had a similar situation. I had an RFIE as well for my birth certificate (still unsure why since I sent it originally with the translation). But it’s good that now you placed an inquiry. My EAD got approved about 2 weeks after I place the inquiry. Good luck! 

On 4/1/2019 at 1:58 PM, DaveAndAnastasia said:

Since we'll be filing this week, and no one's created this thread yet ... 

AOS Checklist

• Cover Letter listing Table of Contents
  • (Check Payable to U.S. Department of Homeland Security - $1,225.00)

Form I-485 (completed and signed by non-US Citizen/beneficiary)

• Form G-1145 
  • Copy of beneficiary's Passport with biographical page 
  • Copy of beneficiary's K1 Visa from Passport and entry stamp 
  • Copy of NOA2 Approval letter (from K1 process) 
  • I-94 
  • Copy of beneficiary's Birth Certificate 
  • translation of birth certificate
  • Certified copy of Marriage License 
  • Passport Photos (2) name written on the back 
  • Copy of DS-3025 

Form I-864 (completed and signed by USC) (goes with form I-485)

• Proof of USC's citizenship (copy of birth certificate, copy of passport bio page, or other)
  • 2018, 2017 (optional), and 2016 (optional) Tax Return (with W-2) or Transcripts
  • Employment Verification letter (updated one - not the one used during K1 process) 
  • Paystubs (last 3 months) 

Form I-765 (completed and signed by non-US Citizen/beneficiary)

• Copy of beneficiary's Passport with biographical page 
  • Copy of beneficiary's K1 Visa from Passport and entry stamp 
  • I-94 
  • Copy of NOA2 (from K1 process) 

Form I-131 (completed and signed by non-US Citizen/beneficiary)

• Copy of beneficiary's Passport with biographical page 
  • Copy of beneficiary's K1 Visa from Passport and entry stamp 
  • I-94 
  • Copy of NOA2 (from K1 process

HI , were they okay with the medical packet from the K1 or you had to do new medical here ? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
5 hours ago, johnnyI129F said:

HI , were they okay with the medical packet from the K1 or you had to do new medical here ? 

Anastasia did not need a new medical here (vaccinations were marked complete on her medical exam in Russia).

FWIW, that checklist was basically copied from a previous thread with some formatting cleaned up and a few things fixed that I noticed at the time. I would have made some further edits if the post hadn't locked.

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.