DaveAndAnastasia

April 2019 AOS Filers(merged)

1,346 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Vante said:

Has anyone here had two biometric appointments?

Yeah I had two. One for EAD/AP and one for GC.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
On 10/9/2019 at 10:47 AM, legatoblue18 said:

Just has our interview yesterday at Chicago office and the officer told us that once he approves it it’s out of his hands and goes somewhere else so he can’t really give us a timeframe but that he could tell us all of our documents look good and seem to be in order.

We received the interview completed letter saying there was a continuance for further review of documents. This morning case status changed to “Interview was completed and my case must be reviewed.”

Is that normal now? And what are most people experiencing in wait time after interview? We are April 2019 filers.

TIA

Hi! Also had the interview at the Chicago office and the officer told us that it can take up to 120 days to make a final decision. We had the interview on October 3rd, and the status on the case still is "Interview was completed and my case must be reviewed"

Is your status still the same? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
13 hours ago, Vgmay2019 said:

I had my EAD done july 30th. Still waiting for my combo, but I got my interview  scheduled  november 14th(bio 09/09/19).

We have ours on the same day in Philadelphia. 

®️

Green card in hand today, 10/16/19! PD date 4/24/19 and Charlotte was the local office. Hoping for quick approvals for those still in the process!

And a special thanks to those who helped answer our questions during this whole ordeal! Y'all made it so much easier on us!

AT

15 minutes ago, ATLLN said:

Green card in hand today, 10/16/19! PD date 4/24/19 and Charlotte was the local office. Hoping for quick approvals for those still in the process!

And a special thanks to those who helped answer our questions during this whole ordeal! Y'all made it so much easier on us!

AT

How did it go? What question did they asked?

2 hours ago, Vgmay2019 said:

How did it go? What question did they asked?

The interview was back on Oct 7 - 

Spouse Beneficiary was e-fingerprinted and photographed. 

IO asked many questions of confirmation of the I-485 and 130. 

Went through a dozen or so of the "Have you ever"... (been a prostitute, axe murderer, etc) 

Asked where S.B's parents were

Asked if he had health insurance.

Asked for the medical exam folder

Asked if we wanted to share anything else. 

Asked us to identify photos we submitted with dates and locations and if we had any more photos to submit.

Asked us where and when we met.

I volunteered additional financial information (letter from employer, current pay stubs) but was told it wasn't necessary because or I-864 had already been approved. 

Gave us a notification that I'm financially responsible for S.B. until citizenship. 

I think what saved us a lot of hassle was how thorough we were with out initial packet. It weighed 2.5 pounds when we overnighted it to USCIS back in April. They never issued a RFE and it seemed like the interview was more of a required formality for us. A friend who went through the process a few weeks before us was asked a lot more personal questions - and she had a lawyer do her paperwork! I'm not sure if they didn't submit a lot of supplemental documents or if they just got a meaner IO...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

We had our interview this morning. It went pretty well although I was not approved on the spot.

We were interviewed separately. I (immigrant) went in first at 7:30. The IO was polite and seemed familiar with our case details. She swore me in, took my photo and fingerprints. Right off the bat she said she was looking for evidence of co-mingling. She asked a few questions about the earlier part of my relationship with my husband: how we met, our first date, when/how I met my husband's family, how the proposal happened. Then we went over the I-485 together, noted my requested amendments and I signed the last page to confirm.

She asked more questions like:
What is your husband's mother's name? How many siblings does your husband have?
What car does your husband have?
What activities do you do together?
What shows do you watch?
What did you have for dinner last night? What's your breakfast?
What did your husband get you for your birthday?
What are you planning to do for your honeymoon?
Are you planning to have children?

For some of these answers I was able to show photo evidence. It felt more like an AMA than an interview since we were laughing at some of my answers. We went over some photos and afterwards I gave her the entire photoset. She asked if there were any other documents I'd like to add. I gave her ALL our copies of stuff she didn't already have on file: joint finances, joint health insurance, proofs of address, my husband's ID -- explaining each document as I went. She said to give her a month to make a decision and if there was a RFE (said it didn't seem likely) that they would mail us. She called my husband in at 8:30 and I sat in the waiting area. At that point I realized they were separating almost everyone. 10 minutes later my husband came out and we left. He told me the questions she asked (=same ones I got) and that he could tell she was pretending to sound interested at his answers lol. She also told him to give her a month.

I don't know why they separated everyone but it didn't matter to us because we were honest in our answers and they matched. The IO seemed more focused on how we talked about our relationship than the papers. I can understand why since we didn't front load AOS (although we are K1). It was a positive experience overall. Now for more waiting! :)

Hello everyone, so we received the RFIE after almost 190 days of waiting for any response after they cashed the checks on 18th of April.

At least there's some progress. 😁

In 2009 I have been a participant of the exchange program for few months, and I had a J-1 visa at that time.

I left the States after the program was finished, and lived in my home country up until applying for the AOS in the States this year.

USCIS needs from me:

• Evidence to establish that I am not subject to Section 212(e) of the INA, or
  • A copy of an approval notice of Application for Waiver of Foreign Residence Requirement (I-612), or
  • Evidence to establish that I did reside in my country of nationality or residence for an aggregate of at least two years following departure from the States

We were thinking to send in these:

• Copy of the new I-94, even though it was already sent in with the initial AOS package. This would be the copy of the new I-94, which we obtained electronically, and it states that I was admitted for the 2nd time in the States, since I don't have the old one and the website doesn't give me the option to retrieve the old one.
  • Some sort of affidavit from my home country college stating that I was a full time student for 4 years, and that I have attended every class in person on campus
  • Some sort of affidavit from previous employer that states that I was employed for a period of time, and that it was not telework/work from home
  • Copy of all passport pages where it's visible that I left and entered my home country numerous times after the exchange in the US
  • Copies of electronic bank statements
  • My parents might try to go through my stuff and see if I have the old plane tickets from trip back home

In your opinion/experience, does this sound enough?

Thanks!

Best

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, ciseyel said:

Hello everyone, so we received the RFIE after almost 190 days of waiting for any response after they cashed the checks on 18th of April.

At least there's some progress. 😁

In 2009 I have been a participant of the exchange program for few months, and I had a J-1 visa at that time.

I left the States after the program was finished, and lived in my home country up until applying for the AOS in the States this year.

USCIS needs from me:

• Evidence to establish that I am not subject to Section 212(e) of the INA, or
  • A copy of an approval notice of Application for Waiver of Foreign Residence Requirement (I-612), or
  • Evidence to establish that I did reside in my country of nationality or residence for an aggregate of at least two years following departure from the States

We were thinking to send in these:

• Copy of the new I-94, even though it was already sent in with the initial AOS package. This would be the copy of the new I-94, which we obtained electronically, and it states that I was admitted for the 2nd time in the States, since I don't have the old one and the website doesn't give me the option to retrieve the old one.
  • Some sort of affidavit from my home country college stating that I was a full time student for 4 years, and that I have attended every class in person on campus
  • Some sort of affidavit from previous employer that states that I was employed for a period of time, and that it was not telework/work from home
  • Copy of all passport pages where it's visible that I left and entered my home country numerous times after the exchange in the US
  • Copies of electronic bank statements
  • My parents might try to go through my stuff and see if I have the old plane tickets from trip back home

In your opinion/experience, does this sound enough?

Thanks!

Best

I also had a J1 visa in the past. I sent them a translated college transcript as proof that I was in my home country during that 2 years period. Authorities from my country (Brazil) also provide a document called “migration movements” which lists the dates of when I left and entered the country. You could try and find something similar from your country.  I sent that on my application and had no issues. Also, make sure you send them a copy of your past j1 visa if you still have it. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.