DaveAndAnastasia

April 2019 AOS Filers(merged)

1,346 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, cise said:

Those were my thoughts too.

Thank you for your advice! 😊

No problem, I haven’t received my EAD/AP card as yet either. Even though I’m a April filer, my 765 was accepted until the later part of May. My 485 was accepted when I originally filed in April. But my interview is scheduled on the 17th so I’ll wait for that instead of trying to inquire about the 765 and cause any delays. Getting everything one time would be perfect 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 11/22/2019 at 10:11 AM, march16filer said:

Hi @Lucky_Mimi, sorry for the delayed response. How did your interview go? We were not asked for a new medical. We only had the one that we took with us to the interview. 

Here's a link to our experience: 

Thank you! Our interview was rescheduled. Still waiting for a new letter. Happy thanksgiving!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Had my EAD card since september 03 and PD is 11 April. Had my advance parole document 21 november.. same day that my i485 change status that it was case ready to be scheduled for interview. Local field office should be at Santa Ana since i live in Anaheim. California.

anyone on same boat as mine? How soon is this case ready to be interviewed though?

Hello April filers .. I have been very busy lately and didn't update things out ..

So the AOS interview was on 11/26/2019 ..  The interview took like 20 mins .. The officer was very serious and asked a lot of questions  .. Then he said everything is good on your case ,  I am approving your green card, you will get it next week .. 5 mins after I left the interview room , the status changed to " card have been mailed "  then today Dec 2nd 2019 ( I see tracking number .. card hopefully will be received on the 4th of Dec 2019... 

EAD /AP … case was approved on Sep/20/2019 however there was major delay to receive the card !! I didn't receive it till Nov 15/2019 . I remember received just 10 days before the AOS interview ! 

How is everybody doing ? did your guys have a better luck ? 

TIME LINE :

Adjustment of Status
Event Date
CIS Office : Salt Lake City UT
Date Filed : 2019-04-15
NOA Date : 2019-04-21
RFE(s) :  
Bio. Appt. : 2019-05-08
AOS Transfer** :  
Interview Date : 2019-11-26
Approval / Denial Date : 2019-11-26
Approved : Yes
Got I551 Stamp : No
Greencard Received:

2019-12-04

Employment Authorization Document
Event Date
CIS Office : Chicago National Office
Filing Method : Mail
Filing Instance : First
NOA Date : 2019-04-19
RFE(s) :  
Bio. Appt. : 2019-05-08
Approved Date : 2019-09-20
Date Card Received : 2019-11-13
Advance Parole
Event Date
CIS Office : Chicago National Office
Filing Method :  
Filing Instance : First
NOA Date : 2019-04-19
RFE(s) :  
Date Received : 2019-11-13
Comments :  
Processing
Estimates/Stats :
Your AP was approved in 158 days.
Edited by johnnyI129F

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 11/29/2019 at 11:37 PM, lawrencejay7 said:

Had my EAD card since september 03 and PD is 11 April. Had my advance parole document 21 november.. same day that my i485 change status that it was case ready to be scheduled for interview. Local field office should be at Santa Ana since i live in Anaheim. California.

anyone on same boat as mine? How soon is this case ready to be interviewed though?

Mine was ready to be scheduled for interview since June 2019. PD April 9. Heard wait time is about a year to one year and  half at sta ana.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Gheyish said:

Mine was ready to be scheduled for interview since June 2019. PD April 9. Heard wait time is about a year to one year and  half at sta ana.

On what category are you adjusting? It also shown me that they did cancel an interview and i was like i never had one :( did you get your ead?

Another update.

Took 239 days.

image.png.6979dd280054fb4a300b16c9ea4f073b.png

It's probably gonna be in the mail by the time we are at the interview.

I just updated my timeline for EAD.

When it arrives, I'll update the AP too, if it's the combo card.

Hope everyone still waiting is gonna get some news soon.

2 hours ago, cise said:

Another update.

Took 239 days.

image.png.6979dd280054fb4a300b16c9ea4f073b.png

It's probably gonna be in the mail by the time we are at the interview.

I just updated my timeline for EAD.

When it arrives, I'll update the AP too, if it's the combo card.

Hope everyone still waiting is gonna get some news soon.

Good luck on the upcoming interview 

3 hours ago, cise said:

🙏

Hope you get your interview date soon!

Just received my date yesterday and its schedule for January 16th 

Interview done, and card is in production! :D

Yay! :D

We got there 5 mins before the interview was supposed to start. Traffic was hectic!

No problems though. Got quickly through the metal detectors, and a very nice security gentleman on the first floor pointed us to the window where they take your interview notice and give you a piece of paper with the number. You're supposed to listen to that number, and once they call that number, you go in. We got called 40 mins after the scheduled time, but the wait went by quickly. The nerves, I guess.

Btw, noticed that a lot of the lawyers were kinda late.

Which, imo, is very rude.

Officer was very calm and nice.

Considering how there were a lot of officers who were mean mugging all the time when they are calling you in for the interview, we got lucky, I guess.

No out of ordinary questions.

Asked for our identification documents, swore us in, took photo, then went through the I-485, asked how we met and what's our story, asked for additional evidence of bona fide marriage.

We had so much stuff prepared, but she only took lease copy, gym membership copy, medical and financial POAs, one utility bill, our photos which we printed on a regular paper, and life and medical insurance copies.

After that, she said that she needs to review the medical, as she had just received it, and that she will recommend us for approval probably today.

She also pointed out how this is a conditional green card, and that the conditions need to be lifted after some time.

And now, few mins ago, I received messages and emails saying how the green card is in production.

The I-130 case status shows that it's still in review though. I guess it's a glitch, or something.

They probably couldn't approve I-485 without approving I-130?

Overall, such a great experience.

Sending good vibes to everyone still waiting.

19 hours ago, cise said:

Interview done, and card is in production! :D

Yay! :D

We got there 5 mins before the interview was supposed to start. Traffic was hectic!

No problems though. Got quickly through the metal detectors, and a very nice security gentleman on the first floor pointed us to the window where they take your interview notice and give you a piece of paper with the number. You're supposed to listen to that number, and once they call that number, you go in. We got called 40 mins after the scheduled time, but the wait went by quickly. The nerves, I guess.

Btw, noticed that a lot of the lawyers were kinda late.

Which, imo, is very rude.

Officer was very calm and nice.

Considering how there were a lot of officers who were mean mugging all the time when they are calling you in for the interview, we got lucky, I guess.

No out of ordinary questions.

Asked for our identification documents, swore us in, took photo, then went through the I-485, asked how we met and what's our story, asked for additional evidence of bona fide marriage.

We had so much stuff prepared, but she only took lease copy, gym membership copy, medical and financial POAs, one utility bill, our photos which we printed on a regular paper, and life and medical insurance copies.

After that, she said that she needs to review the medical, as she had just received it, and that she will recommend us for approval probably today.

She also pointed out how this is a conditional green card, and that the conditions need to be lifted after some time.

And now, few mins ago, I received messages and emails saying how the green card is in production.

The I-130 case status shows that it's still in review though. I guess it's a glitch, or something.

They probably couldn't approve I-485 without approving I-130?

Overall, such a great experience.

Sending good vibes to everyone still waiting.

Just got notified that I-130 is approved too.

Waiting for the USCIS to ship the green card now.

On 12/13/2019 at 2:18 PM, Vante said:

Hello, my interview is this coming Tuesday , wanted to know what all documents did you carry and what all questions were asked for those of you who had their interview already and how long did it take to receive the green card.

Good luck on your interview.

I think this would be a good starting point -

Scroll to the AOS section.

Also, you can always do a quick search through the forums, or even this thread and you'll probably find examples of interview questions.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.