DaveAndAnastasia

April 2019 AOS Filers(merged)

1,346 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, RZK said:

Finally relief .

Baltimore MD . April 22 filer EAD CARD Being produced.

How long does it take to receive card ?

Mine took about a week. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
On 9/28/2019 at 10:45 AM, bsaeb said:

Hi everyone! 
I received my EAD/AP yesterday. Hope the rest will get theirs soon. 

Does anyone knows how long will it take to receive the SSN? I checked the box when I filed. 

Thank you! 

I just talked to an agent from SSA to verify how long it takes to receive SSN after receiving EAD/AP card. (The waiting time on the phone was about one hour.)

She said the process may take up to 30 days. If the waiting time is over 30 days, she recommended to either visit the local SSA or call them again (1-800-772-1213). 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey everyone, 

I recently got a job using my EAD. My GC interview is coming very soon.  

Am I supposed to bring any documents related to my new job? Or only my sponsor (wife in my case) needs to bring proof of income and so on? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I have received my green card now, do I need a new Social Security card?  I was here on a TN visa so my card says "Valid for Work Authorization Only." 

03/29/2019: Filed I-130, I-130A, I-485, I-765, I-131, I-864

03/29/2019: Priority date for I-130 and I-485

03/31/2019: Delivered

04/05/2019: 12:30am Text Messages with receipt numbers received

04/05/2019: Checks cashed

04/08/2019: Hard copy NOA's received (I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131)

04/22/2019: Biometrics Completed

08/16/2019: Notification that Interview was Scheduled

09/24/2019: Interview Scheduled

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
26 minutes ago, Nicole567 said:

I have received my green card now, do I need a new Social Security card?  I was here on a TN visa so my card says "Valid for Work Authorization Only." 

You don't 'need' one (especially if it's in the name you go by now), but it's useful to have.

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

Timeline

Just has our interview yesterday at Chicago office and the officer told us that once he approves it it’s out of his hands and goes somewhere else so he can’t really give us a timeframe but that he could tell us all of our documents look good and seem to be in order.

We received the interview completed letter saying there was a continuance for further review of documents. This morning case status changed to “Interview was completed and my case must be reviewed.”

Is that normal now? And what are most people experiencing in wait time after interview? We are April 2019 filers.

TIA

4 hours ago, WeNandC said:

Did you receive your EAD or had your interview already?

Nope. Still case is ready to be scheduled :(

5 hours ago, Nicole567 said:

You should do that, yes.  It will update your status with SSA, and more importantly, allow you to smoothly switch jobs.

At 7:02 pm tonight the app and email notification came out that the I-485 card was being produced! 

Speechless! 

On 10/8/2019 at 3:14 PM, RZK said:

Finally relief .

Baltimore MD . April 22 filer EAD CARD Being produced.

How long does it take to receive card ?

I’m a june filer and following months before threads. Also from Baltimore, what’s your timeline for AOS? You don’t have one so I’d like to know more about your timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.