DaveAndAnastasia

April 2019 AOS Filers(merged)

1,346 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Southern_Belle07 said:

What requirements dis you submit in SSA?

They asked for my passport with the visa and my valid I-94 at the time. 

2 hours ago, Chris & Lucas said:

They asked for my passport with the visa and my valid I-94 at the time. 

Maiden name or married name visa?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 10/1/2019 at 12:58 PM, RZK said:

I am from Baltimore, my EAD is still case received. And i485 says scheduling interview. Whats your case received date?

I am also from Baltimore.  I have had scheduling interview for almost a month. 

Feb 02, 2019- Married
Apr. 20, 2019- I-130, I-485, I-765 Filed

May 1, 2019- Checks Cashed, Texts received

May 4, 2019- NOA received

May 10, 2019- Biometrics Appointment Letter Received

May 22, 2019- Biometrics Appointment in Baltimore, MD

September 4, 2019- Received courtesy letter about I-693

September 5, 2019- I485 status changed to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview"

September 9, 2019- Medical exam done

October 10, 2019 - Form I-131, Application for Travel Document, approved

October 10, 2019 - EAD approved

October 18, 2019 - Combo card in hand

February 24, 2019- Interview

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, BananaButton5 said:

We had our interview this morning at 8:30 am at the St. Louis field office. We arrived at 8:00 am, we were called back at 8:45 and finished the interview at 9:15. So the interview took exactly 30 minutes. We had to put our phones and smart watches into a little locker. 
            We got into the room and the IO was very nice and professional. She took my husband's (immigrant) photo and finger print of both pointer fingers. She went through each questions on the AOS application with him, including all of the various questions about if he's ever been a prostitute or involved in the communist party etc. After that she had him sign a paper with the changes she made to the application which included my name change and the place he went through customs upon entry.
           Next she asked us to present any photos and additional proof of a legitimate marriage. We had prepared a huge binder of documents including copies of all of our past applications, but she asked just to keep the actual proof we brought with us. We had many photos, emails regarding the planning of our wedding, a copy of our wedding vows, marriage certificate, shared accounts (We don't have a shared bank account but we do have an Amazon family account together, but she never asked about a joint bank account for anyone wondering), my father did an affidavit certifying we are in a legitimate marriage and that he attended our wedding, our lease agreement, and our car insurance and renter's insurance. She looked through all the photos and provided documents.
         Then she asked the following questions directed to both of us:

1) How did you meet?  

2) Why did you decide to move to the US instead of her moving to Canada?
3) Who visited who first?
4) How long did you date before you were married?

5) Where did you get married?
6) Where was the wedding reception at?

7) Were both of your families in attendance at the wedding?
😎 Is there anything that bothers you about your spouse?

9) Do you talk about the future? What are your future plans together?
10) What do you plan on doing together later today? 
         After that I signed a document saying I understood my financial responsibility for him according to my affidavit of support. She told him that he is not allowed to get any government assistance before he becomes a citizen. She explained the next steps and period of time when we will need to file the lifting conditions. Then she explained when he will be able to apply for citizenship. 
      Then she said we were done and she would be approving and working on the paperwork to hopefully have the approval paperwork done this afternoon. She said we would get the green card within 90 days, but that it's usually much faster than that and gave us the number to call if we don't get it nearing the 90 day mark. 

Overall, it was a great and easy experience and we are thrilled! Good luck to everyone still waiting we are rooting for you! 

Congratulations! Good luck in your life as a couple! 

We just received our interview notice today, it’s scheduled for November 6th. Our local office is Manhattan, NY.

anyone else from Manhattan got their letter?

Naturalization

Day 000 - 12/28/2023 Package Filed

Day 000 - 12/28/2023 Biometrics Reused

Day 038 - 02/03/2024 Interview Notice

Day 085 - 03/21/2024 N-400 Interview

Day 085 - 03/21/2024 Oath Scheduled

Day 117 - 04/22/2024 Oath Ceremony

ROC 

Day 000 - 10/04/2021 Package mailed

Day 002 - 10/06/2021 Package arrived at Phoenix PO Box

Day 002 - 10/06/2021 NOA1 Date

Day 004 - 10/08/2021 Credit card charged

Day 012 - 10/16/2021 NOA1 Received

Day 016 - 10/20/2021 Notification that biometrics were waived

Day 035 - 11/08/2021 Biometrics waived NOA received

Day 696 - 08/31/2023 NOA Approval Received

Day 702 - 09/06/2023 Green card in hand

AOS 

Day 000 - 04/08/2019 Package mailed

Day 001 - 04/09/2019 Packaged delivered to Chicago Lockbox via Fedex

Day 010 - 04/17/2019 Check cashed

Day 035 - 05/12/2019 NOA1 received in the mail

Day 047 - 05/24/2019 Biometrics notice received in the mail for 06/05/2019

Day 051 - 05/28/2019 Biometrics - Early walk-in

Day 119 - 08/02/2019 InfoPass to apply for Emergency AP (Approved)

Day 120 - 08/03/2019 EAD Card in production

Day 179 - 10/03/2019 Interview Notice

Day 213 - 11/06/2019 Interview 

Day 219 - 11/12/2019 I-130 & I-485 Approval Notice Received (Approved 11/06/2019)

Day 220 - 11/13/2019 Email Notification (Card was mailed)

Day 221 - 11/14/2019 Green card in hand

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
8 hours ago, march16filer said:

We just received our interview notice today, it’s scheduled for November 6th. Our local office is Manhattan, NY.

anyone else from Manhattan got their letter?

Your field office is Manhattan and you filed in March 2019 and you received an interview letter already? That's AMAZING! There are people who are waiting from 2018 for their interviews since Manhattan is the slowest field office. You are really lucky! Best of luck for the interview!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 10/3/2019 at 8:54 AM, RZK said:

Did u get ead?

No!!! :( How about you?  Seems like Baltimore is a real slow office. 

Feb 02, 2019- Married
Apr. 20, 2019- I-130, I-485, I-765 Filed

May 1, 2019- Checks Cashed, Texts received

May 4, 2019- NOA received

May 10, 2019- Biometrics Appointment Letter Received

May 22, 2019- Biometrics Appointment in Baltimore, MD

September 4, 2019- Received courtesy letter about I-693

September 5, 2019- I485 status changed to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview"

September 9, 2019- Medical exam done

October 10, 2019 - Form I-131, Application for Travel Document, approved

October 10, 2019 - EAD approved

October 18, 2019 - Combo card in hand

February 24, 2019- Interview

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hi!

I had my interview yesterday (later I will post all the questions), I think it went well, just a couple questions where it took me a second to answer. The officer didn’t approve us right there, and told us that it can take up to a 120 days to get the final decision. 

I was feeling ok about it, thinking that that is normal; but last night the online status changed to “Interview was completed and my case must be reviewed”, and I started freaking out a bit. 

Is this normal? Has anyone seen that status before? I don’t know what to expect now.

I would really appreciate some help or guidance. 

Thank you very much! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, bsaeb said:

Hi!

I had my interview yesterday (later I will post all the questions), I think it went well, just a couple questions where it took me a second to answer. The officer didn’t approve us right there, and told us that it can take up to a 120 days to get the final decision. 

I was feeling ok about it, thinking that that is normal; but last night the online status changed to “Interview was completed and my case must be reviewed”, and I started freaking out a bit. 

Is this normal? Has anyone seen that status before? I don’t know what to expect now.

I would really appreciate some help or guidance. 

Thank you very much! 

Your status means exactly what the officer told you. Did s/he give any details? 
When we had an interview officer told us that he needs to look at my security check which can take 10-60 days and gave the paper saying that it even can take up to 120 days (this paper seems to be pretty standard though). In my case the status changed same day that card is being produced, but for a couple I know from the same local field office it took a week. 
So I guess you just need to wait, hope you’ll receive updates very soon! :)

You can use the search tool on visa journey to find more discussions about the status you mentioned. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Had my AOS interview yesterday in the Chicago Office and was by far the easiest part of the process so far!! Woke up my card being produced today!
Good Luck to everything still waiting and I hope it's a speedy process for you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.