LilyJ

Bona Fide Evidence

31 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
38 minutes ago, thatguyuknow said:

You'll struggle to get Life Insurance in Denmark now if you don't already have it, due to residency requirements

Stop making this complicated for yourself. What we sent:

1, Photos together and with family 2, Passport stamps and tickets 3, Partner as a beneficiary of my pension 4, 2 pages of stubs/receipts/attractions we visited

You can send Affidavits (supposedly they're worthless, we didn't bother) 

Use something like Word or Writer and compile all your photos, stamps and tickets into one document. We sent 3 pages of photos, 3 pages of passport stamps/plane tickets and 2 pages of stuff we did together stubs/receipts etc.

Do you think that the pictures, tickets/stamps, and receipts should all suffice without us having any financial ties? We have plenty of pictures/stamps/tickets/receipts so if so we are good on those parts. Would pictures of his plane tickets work since those are currently in DK with him?

34 minutes ago, Georgia16 said:

Correct taxes don’t come out until March in DK. But on borger.dk with his personal login you will be listed as his wife already. 

Some people in here have been able to get spouses on accounts and stuff without them being present he can also try the danish bank and insurance it doesn’t only have to be you. 

All I’m trying to say is you got to try and do somethings so you are prepared for later in the process. As of now they know you guys only got married and don’t really have much but you will need much more later. For now send the tickets, pictures and what you have. 

We will look at that on borger.dk, his bank will not allow me on his account though and he does not have any private insurance to add me on to, and the public health insurance is only for residents as far as we both are aware.

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

10 minutes ago, LilyJohansen said:

Do you think that the pictures, tickets/stamps, and receipts should all suffice without us having any financial ties?

There is nothing you can do about it. You can't just pull things like that from thin air because of resistance requirements.

You're applying for a cr1 overseas right? You and your partner have never held the same residence?

You're going to have to move forward with what you've got. 

File the form i130 and wait. If you get an RFE for more evidence so be it, but I doubt it. You'll have about 6 months from filing to potential RFE, if you're in either country before then you could try and arrange some bank stuff. 

Good Luck! This is a simple process for people from low fraud countries, stop making it complicated for yourself.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, thatguyuknow said:

There is nothing you can do about it. You can't just pull things like that from thin air because of resistance requirements.

You're applying for a cr1 overseas right? You and your partner have never held the same residence?

You're going to have to move forward with what you've got. 

File the form i130 and wait. If you get an RFE for more evidence so be it, but I doubt it. You'll have about 6 months from filing to potential RFE, if you're in either country before then you could try and arrange some bank stuff. 

Good Luck! This is a simple process for people from low fraud countries, stop making it complicated for yourself.

Yes we've never had the same residence, so no leases or anything. We will go and try with those and see if we can do anything next time he is in the states to add afterwards, we are also working with people to help us put our petition together who will overlook it for us so hopefully they will catch anything we need to add if it's not enough. Thank you!

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

NVC Stage:

• Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

i filed in may 2018 for my husband overseas and we got approved 1/11/2019. FYI we got married in april 2018.

my package included

1. form I 130                                           7. phone logs 

2 form I 130A                                         8. pictures... 5 wedding pictures of both of us and 5 pictures of us and family

3. form G 1145                                    9. 1 affidavit of support from a friend who knows us

4. check $535                                        10. marriage certificate

5. air tickets                                            11. 2 passports pictures for me and 2 for my husband

6. emails between us                            12. A copy of my naturalization certificate

There you go......that was it for me. i was scared cuz i thought my evidence where not enough based on some videos i watched but my case was approved.  got an rfe to send a translated copy of my marriage certificate in English which i did and in less than a month i received my approval notice. My advice is gather what you have, recommend it to the Lord and send it.  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

Don't overthink this process, i didnt need any lease because we obviously leave in different countries, no life insurance or all those extra stuff. if you have them add it but if you have them use what you have.

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
11 hours ago, LilyJohansen said:

We don't have either of those things, since we are both young and as said have only gotten married a month ago. We do have pictures as you mentioned and plenty of visits, however I only have my tickets from my one visit over there, his plane tickets from his past 4 visits are all in Denmark, but I have heard mixed things about including pictures, though if it will work we have plenty of them.

I haven't heard that it is possible to get a joint bank account with him being outside of the US, since he cannot sign at the bank and doesn't have a tax number, but I am not sure, that's what I've heard though. We are also quite young for life insurance, we are not even yet in our mid-20s, and our funds with the visa and my college don't really allow much wiggle room for more added monthly costs. It's something we are considering for the future, but we don't have the money for it until he moves here and don't have to worry about visa fees anymore.

You have what we had.  Next to nothing.  I did add to health insurance plan though because health insurance will enroll pending social security number, while most banks, life insurance, etc will not.

I’d advise copies of all the travel info from the time you have spent together and always advise a few pictures over affidavits.  Treat it like a K1 package with a marriage certificate and you’ll be fine.  

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
12 hours ago, Georgia16 said:

Any joint bank accounts?

Any policies where you or he are beneficiaries? 

You have no joint anything? 

Most couples do not have anything that requires the beneficiary to have a SS number.  It is common.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Tunisia
Timeline

I know that for me and my husband, we did not have any financial ties either as we were newly married and never lived together.  Granted this was in 2016, but the only proof of relationship I sent in was 2 affidavits from people who witnessed our wedding contract signing and the marriage certificate. Of course every situation is different. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

The USCIS is not unrealistic about couples who haven’t lived in the same country. 

Focus on pictures, travel documents, messages.  You’re not working with a high fraud country so you’ll get no static.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline
18 hours ago, LilyJohansen said:

I am trying to put together bona fide evidence of marriage before sending the I-130 for my husband, but as he lives overseas and we are recently married, we do not have any shared assets. I have 1 sworn Third Party Affidavit and am planning to get 1 or 2 more of them, but I am not sure if these affidavits should be enough evidence, or if we will need more/different evidence to go with them. And if we would need more evidence, I am not sure what would that be with us not having any shared assets yet?

The only “bonafide evidence” of a marriage is a legitimate marriage license. You should not be fabricating evidence for immigration purposes. When I filed for my husband I sent 1 wedding picture and one picture while we were at a club along with my passport pages showing trips. 

These people know long distance relationships are limited by distance. They are not expecting you to have certain things, especially if you just got married. Relax send what you have and all will be well. Good luck! By the interview a lot more evidence of your ongoing relationship will develop. 

10 hours ago, Nitas_man said:

You have what we had.  Next to nothing.  I did add to health insurance plan though because health insurance will enroll pending social security number, while most banks, life insurance, etc will not.

I’d advise copies of all the travel info from the time you have spent together and always advise a few pictures over affidavits.  Treat it like a K1 package with a marriage certificate and you’ll be fine.  

I think this is really good advice. I would focus on showcasing the longevity of your relationship. I would even include a relationship timeline. I would then build the evidence around that. It is important for them to see that you did not meet on Monday, got married on Tuesday and filed the I-130 on Wednesday. 

Now, in regards to finances, I would attempt to add your spouse to your bank account, even if it is as an authorized user. If the bank issues a letter stating they cannot add him, then use that letter as evidence, as well. The intent is worth showing. 

I would add him as your emergency contact on your insurance, employment info. I would also include your communications over time, as well, in addition to what you already have. 

Consider an Advance Health Care directive, a will, or power of attorney. 

If you choose to submit affidavits, I would add weight to them by notarizing them. Make sure that whoever writes them, references specific occasions when they have spent time with you two as a couple. If there are receipts, text messages or pictures that you can tie to the affidavits, all the better. 

I would not delay sending your application, though. 

I-751 Joint Filing.

06-15-2021 - Case was updated to show fingerprints were taken. 

05-26-2021 - Received NOA/extension letter. Notice date and postmarked 05-20-2021.

05-23-2021 - Received text message with Receipt #. YSC Potomac Center.

05-21-2021 - Checks cashed (processing on joint checking account)

05-07-2021 - I-751 received in Arizona.

Marriage-based AOS - Concurrent filing.

05-07-2019 - AOS Approved. Resident since date 05/07/2019.

05-06-2019 - AOS Interview

04-23-2018 - "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview"

03-16-2018 - Priority Date.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

***Hijack post and replies to said post removed.***

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Timeline
On 1/26/2019 at 7:30 PM, USC4SPOUSE said:

I would even include a relationship timeline.

Out of curiosity, what would a relationship timeline include? Is it just a list of events, like when we started dating, when we visited each other, engaged, etc?

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

NVC Stage:

Interview Stage:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.