LilyJ

Bona Fide Evidence

31 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

I am trying to put together bona fide evidence of marriage before sending the I-130 for my husband, but as he lives overseas and we are recently married, we do not have any shared assets. I have 1 sworn Third Party Affidavit and am planning to get 1 or 2 more of them, but I am not sure if these affidavits should be enough evidence, or if we will need more/different evidence to go with them. And if we would need more evidence, I am not sure what would that be with us not having any shared assets yet?

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

Timeline
Just now, Georgia16 said:

Any joint bank accounts?

Any policies where you or he are beneficiaries? 

You have no joint anything? 

No joint bank accounts or anything, as we just got married a little over a month ago and have never lived together as he still is, and has been, residing in Denmark.

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

NVC Stage:

• Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
4 minutes ago, LilyJohansen said:

No joint bank accounts or anything, as we just got married a little over a month ago and have never lived together as he still is, and has been, residing in Denmark.

Okay well time you guys get all that started. He can be added to yours even though he lives in DK and you on his. 

Also get life insurance and that stuff on each other. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, jdaveh said:

will, life insurance ??? you need  something with teeth. affidavits are not good evidence

We don't have either of those things, since we are both young and as said have only gotten married a month ago. We do have pictures as you mentioned and plenty of visits, however I only have my tickets from my one visit over there, his plane tickets from his past 4 visits are all in Denmark, but I have heard mixed things about including pictures, though if it will work we have plenty of them.

Okay well time you guys get all that started. He can be added to yours even though he lives in DK and you on his. 

Also get life insurance and that stuff on each other. 

I haven't heard that it is possible to get a joint bank account with him being outside of the US, since he cannot sign at the bank and doesn't have a tax number, but I am not sure, that's what I've heard though. We are also quite young for life insurance, we are not even yet in our mid-20s, and our funds with the visa and my college don't really allow much wiggle room for more added monthly costs. It's something we are considering for the future, but we don't have the money for it until he moves here and don't have to worry about visa fees anymore.

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

NVC Stage:

Interview Stage:

Timeline
1 minute ago, LilyJohansen said:

We don't have either of those things, since we are both young and as said have only gotten married a month ago. We do have pictures as you mentioned and plenty of visits, however I only have my tickets from my one visit over there, his plane tickets from his past 4 visits are all in Denmark, but I have heard mixed things about including pictures, though if it will work we have plenty of them.

I haven't heard that it is possible to get a joint bank account with him being outside of the US, since he cannot sign at the bank and doesn't have a tax number, but I am not sure, that's what I've heard though. We are also quite young for life insurance, we are not even yet in our mid-20s, and our funds with the visa and my college don't really allow much wiggle room for more added monthly costs. It's something we are considering for the future, but we don't have the money for it until he moves here and don't have to worry about visa fees anymore.

Visa fees will be for quite some time as there also will be ROC after having GC for 2 years. 

If if you guys got married in the US then remember he also have to report his marriage to the danish authorities. 

You also have to file your taxes as married now.

I get that you don’t have much money and are young but this is a process that is not easy without anything so you guys have to come up with stuff for when you decide to file for the spouse visa.  

Timeline

Visa fees will be for quite some time as there also will be ROC after having GC for 2 years. 

If if you guys got married in the US then remember he also have to report his marriage to the danish authorities. 

You also have to file your taxes as married now.

I get that you don’t have much money and are young but this is a process that is not easy without anything so you guys have to come up with stuff for when you decide to file for the spouse visa.  

Yes, but 2 years allows us way more time to save money, and to make money, especially with not having to spend money on plane tickets to visit each other anymore. He has already filed our marriage in Denmark and my taxes are accounted for as well. As for joint bank account, my bank's website states both parties must be present to sign for a joint account and he is not and won't be back in America for quite some time to sign anything, and as for life insurance I cannot find anything about joint life insurance for a foreigner except for if the foreigner already has residency or a green card, so I don't believe that is anything we can apply for together either unfortunately. Our papers are already filled out and we are planning to file asap, our evidence is all that's left that we need, which I understand is very important but there is not much financial evidence available given the circumstances, which is why I am looking to find out what we do have that we can use as a supplement for that.

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

NVC Stage:

Interview Stage:

Timeline
3 minutes ago, LilyJohansen said:

Yes, but 2 years allows us way more time to save money, and to make money, especially with not having to spend money on plane tickets to visit each other anymore. He has already filed our marriage in Denmark and my taxes are accounted for as well. As for joint bank account, my bank's website states both parties must be present to sign for a joint account and he is not and won't be back in America for quite some time to sign anything, and as for life insurance I cannot find anything about joint life insurance for a foreigner except for if the foreigner already has residency or a green card, so I don't believe that is anything we can apply for together either unfortunately. Our papers are already filled out and we are planning to file asap, our evidence is all that's left that we need, which I understand is very important but there is not much financial evidence available given the circumstances, which is why I am looking to find out what we do have that we can use as a supplement for that.

Then you have taxes both places saying you are married. 

He can print out the papers in DK showing it is also filed there. 

Pictures of you with family. 

Plane ticket and other evidence from visits. 

The other her things are possible but you got to luck more into it. You can’t just say it’s not possible when other people can do it so can you guys. 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Georgia16 said:

Then you have taxes both places saying you are married. 

He can print out the papers in DK showing it is also filed there. 

Pictures of you with family. 

Plane ticket and other evidence from visits. 

The other her things are possible but you got to luck more into it. You can’t just say it’s not possible when other people can do it so can you guys. 

I don't believe he will get to file his taxes until March but I will be sure to include mine, as well as pictures and plane tickets, thank you. My bank however does not allow to add a joint user without a SSN and a signature in person, and upon viewing the requirements for life insurance, being present in the US to apply and a medical exam would need to be done in the US, which we would not be able to do for quite some time.

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

NVC Stage:

Interview Stage:

Timeline
2 minutes ago, LilyJohansen said:

I don't believe he will get to file his taxes until March but I will be sure to include mine, as well as pictures and plane tickets, thank you. My bank however does not allow to add a joint user without a SSN and a signature in person, and upon viewing the requirements for life insurance, being present in the US to apply and a medical exam would need to be done in the US, which we would not be able to do for quite some time.

Danes don’t file their taxes it’s done automatically. 

Try another bank. 

Its not just about life insurance there are other things you can get also. 

I have never done a medical to be a beneficiary on any life insurance my husband have. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Georgia16 said:

Danes don’t file their taxes it’s done automatically. 

Try another bank. 

Its not just about life insurance there are other things you can get also. 

I have never done a medical to be a beneficiary on any life insurance my husband have. 

Yes, what I meant by that is that I don't believe that they are filed until March. He has not gotten any notification of tax assessment so far this year.

Even with another bank, he is still not present in the US to provide proof of identification and a signature to open an account in the US. Insurance of any kind is just not something I am able to afford right now on my own anyways without him being in the US and not having any way to transfer funds to one another besides money grams.

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

NVC Stage:

Interview Stage:

You'll struggle to get Life Insurance in Denmark now if you don't already have it, due to residency requirements

Stop making this complicated for yourself. What we sent:

1, Photos together and with family 2, Passport stamps and tickets 3, Partner as a beneficiary of my pension 4, 2 pages of stubs/receipts/attractions we visited

You can send Affidavits (supposedly they're worthless, we didn't bother) 

Use something like Word or Writer and compile all your photos, stamps and tickets into one document. We sent 3 pages of photos, 3 pages of passport stamps/plane tickets and 2 pages of stuff we did together stubs/receipts etc.

Timeline
1 minute ago, LilyJohansen said:

Yes, what I meant by that is that I don't believe that they are filed until March. He has not gotten any notification of tax assessment so far this year.

Even with another bank, he is still not present in the US to provide proof of identification and a signature to open an account in the US. Insurance of any kind is just not something I am able to afford right now on my own anyways without him being in the US and not having any way to transfer funds to one another besides money grams.

Correct taxes don’t come out until March in DK. But on borger.dk with his personal login you will be listed as his wife already. 

Some people in here have been able to get spouses on accounts and stuff without them being present he can also try the danish bank and insurance it doesn’t only have to be you. 

All I’m trying to say is you got to try and do somethings so you are prepared for later in the process. As of now they know you guys only got married and don’t really have much but you will need much more later. For now send the tickets, pictures and what you have. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.