Lottaair

Morocco Casablanca Consulate

203 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Lottaair said:

he doesnt know English at all. Him and I can carry a conversation without google translate. 

He knows a bit of English.. but I cannot speak fast..  he knows all there is about me in English, hobbies, age, birthday, family, address, work, etc. 

We can talk to one another in English... but is he 100% fluent: Nope

Why were you denied after being there a month??

See this is the problem no one is telling me why they were Denied in Morocco

I think everyone here has pointed out various things that can lead to a denial:

Age gap: Female is older

Language

Lack of visits/quality time

Different Culture

Religion 

Financial Stability 

All of these can factor in to a decision that leads to a denial. 

Met: 10/15/2015

Married: 04/30/2017

I-130 Sent: 10/13/2017

NOA1: 10/18/2017

NOA2: 06/02/2018

NVC: 07/06/2018

NVC CC: 08/17/2018

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Jaquelly said:

I noted that it was unlikely that he never had relationships with another person, as OP had admitted he was a 'sperm donor' to another woman, which is a reason why he didn't want her spending much time in Morocco. 

With this being said.. this is a friend of his.. not him! 

Someone that married in Morocco and she left after she was pregnant and did not come back ever again. 

This is just a story he told me. 

My fiance is not a sperm donor. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Lottaair said:

he doesnt know English at all. Him and I can carry a conversation without google translate. 

He knows a bit of English.. but I cannot speak fast..  he knows all there is about me in English, hobbies, age, birthday, family, address, work, etc. 

We can talk to one another in English... but is he 100% fluent: Nope

Why were you denied after being there a month??

See this is the problem no one is telling me why they were Denied in Morocco

Morocco does not tell anyone why they are denied like other embassies

they asked Adil 

"What does your family think of this relationship?"

he said they love her and smiled 

CO said "you smile ,  you lie"   no visa

i was there 2 months to marry and another 1 month and the 1st CR1 denied

he couldn't tell them what books i read

1 minute ago, Lottaair said:

With this being said.. this is a friend of his.. not him! 

Someone that married in Morocco and she left after she was pregnant and did not come back ever again. 

This is just a story he told me. 

My fiance is not a sperm donor. 

Thank you for clarifying - I apologize for my misunderstanding.

Go to the search bar and type in Denied Morocco and you will see how every single person here has been trying to help you 

1 minute ago, Nicola and Jordan said:

Go to the search bar and type in Denied Morocco and you will see how every single person here has been trying to help you 

https://www.google.com/search?q=k-1+visa+denied+morocco+site:www.visajourney.com&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiz6JW2mpbfAhUIiqwKHQwoAdIQrQIoBDAAegQIChAM&biw=1680&bih=908

Made it easier for her.

1 minute ago, Jaquelly said:

I saw you posted the other articles too at the same time I posted that haha - very helpful, hopefully she will see you are all here to help! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

We have listed things that lead to denial in Morocco:

- Not a lot of time spent in person together. This means getting married or engaged after just 1 visit. It generally doesn't end well, especially if you are a, 

- Older woman marrying a younger Moroccan man

- lack of a common language. You can't always use Google translate to communicate. Moroccan Arabic is especially difficult to translate into English and context is often lost. 

How to increase your chance of approval?

- Spend time in person together. This means multiple trips, the more the better. Don't file until you have gone at least 2 times. This will help you to load your petition with relationship evidence from all of your visits. This is what the CO will focus on. The often don't care about trips made after you file and often won't look at any additional evidence brought to the interview (I'm speaking specifically about the Casablanca consulate here).

We all want to take the quickest and easiest route to bring our loved ones to us, but immigration (and especially the Casablanca consulate) is never quick or easy. It does require you to sacrifice time and money, no way around that.

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

US-Morocco Visa Discussion Facebook Group! :) 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

May 2020: ROC!

11 minutes ago, Nicola and Jordan said:

I saw you posted the other articles too at the same time I posted that haha - very helpful, hopefully she will see you are all here to help! 

Regardless of country, it is good to know what causes denials just in case you might face it, too. Even though my husband is from the UK, I worried non stop. :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

One thing they will focus on, you met presumably on line despite not sharing a common language and on your first visit you went with a list of documentation needed to file a K1.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
37 minutes ago, Jaquelly said:

I noted that it was unlikely that he never had relationships with another person, as OP had admitted he was a 'sperm donor' to another woman, which is a reason why he didn't want her spending much time in Morocco. 

I thought she said a friend of his had that happen to him. Not her fiancé.

Marriage :

2018-04-19

I-130 Sent :

2018-05-18

I-130 NOA1 :

2018-05-22

I-130 Approved :

2018-11-28

NVC Received :

2019-01-03

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill :

2019-02-20

Pay AOS Bill :

2019-02-20

Send AOS Package :

2019-03-05

Receive IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Pay IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Send IV Package :

2019-03-05

Case Completed:                      

Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter :

Interview :

2019-03-15

2019-04-11

2019-05-21

APPROVED

7 minutes ago, Jaquelly said:

Regardless of country, it is good to know what causes denials just in case you might face it, too. Even though my husband is from the UK, I worried non stop. :)

Exactly same here. We didn't have a 100% straight forward case but from the advise of others on this forum and BE I picked up my visa today! 

Advise from different consulates is so helpful so hopefully the OP will take this and have a serious think about everything because they are going to have a long tough road ahead of them. 

Keep,going with your advise everyone, it is honestly so helpful even if it's hard to digest 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.