Lottaair

Morocco Casablanca Consulate

203 posts in this topic

There are a definite list of red flags that are common in Morocco and cause the denials that are seen very often. I will try to list what I can think of off the top of my head and yes some of the denial reasons are not necessarily in observance with what are considered following the American right of not discriminating against an individual but such is life and immigration, the idea is to weed out the scammer from the genuine individual that truly loves the other.

-Woman is older than than the beneficiary, in my opinion anything over 12 years would be an issue.

-The woman is not able or is past child bearings years.

-Yes, being of the same religion is the best scenario BUT in Islam a male CAN marry a woman who is apart of an Abrahamic faith (Christian/Jewish).

-Not speaking a common language, it's to be expected that the beneficiary will not speak fluent English unless from a country where English is first language, but a basic knowledge for communication purposes is an obvious requirement.

-I hate to say it but it's the truth, if the beneficiary is a handsome young man and the USC is an older not as attractive woman, this will also weigh against the situation. 

In my opinion, these are the top red flags, there are others which in combination with these just amplifies the denial probability.

I am not one to deter anyone from what they want to do, there's a vast difference between solid honest advice and being harsh, in her case I see no such red flags, she's still in her 30's no kids, not previously married. The only thing that really stands out for me is the rush to send in the application and the lack of english skill which he has time to learn if the K1 is denied, other than that, I really am not seeing what most are, call me naive or ignorant but I am just not seeing it.

Another LDR couple from Morocco , another website, recently got their approval, she's a divorced mother of 3 and is in her late 30s while her fiance , now husband, is in his early 30s. It can happen, we don't know exactly what a CO is looking for.

OP, my suggestion, give it more time, he should practice the language a bit more. We are are all on the same boat and wish you the best of luck no matter the route you take.

Edited by Hobidyali

22 minutes ago, agrabs said:

Type scammed, morocco in the search area above and read the threads that come up.   NONE of those women thought it would happen to them.  Yes, it happens to smart people too!

People have given you so much good advice on how to proceed, not only to help you with the visa, but also to protect yourself and your responses sound like an immature child who won't listen. 

I've been a VJ member for almost 10 years and the members who have given you advice are regular contributors who know their stuff.  Hang around here long enough or just do a search of the changes in family topic and you will see that almost everyone of these starts off with how wonderful he was and how nice the family was until he got here and  got the green card then he  completely changed.  I know you don't want to believe this could happen - but you need to understand what you are commiting to when you or your sponsor signs that affidavit of support.  It always amazes me how many people are shocked that even if the marriage fails they are still resposible for that person for 10 years.  

Everyone one of us that has been through the process wanted to be with our loved one as soon as possible.   The visa is only the first step in this long and incredibly stressful journey.   I would highly recommend you look at the CR1 (marriage Visa)  from the stand point that he gets a greencard when he arrives so he is able to work right away and its cheaper.  My husband speaks fluent english and it was very hard on him those first 6 months because once you get married and submit the Aos (Adjustment of status for the greencard)  the work permit/EAD takes 6 months to get.  Until he gets the work permit he won't be able to get a driver's license or work - This was so difficult as my husband was stuck in the house all day waiting for me to get home after I had been working all day - it was stressful on both of us.  I never thought this would have been a big deal but it was - its not like he will have lots of friends and family to hang out with  while you work.  It's lonely and easy for them to get homesick.     I can't imagine how hard that will be if he doesn't speak english.

You have NO idea what you are in for.  If you choose to ignore all the valuable advice you have been given about the moroccan embassy at least take the  time to read through all the guides to understand the entire process from start to finish so you will  have an idea of what you will need to do if everything goes accordingly for you.  

Very solid solid solid advice, but I don't see anything in her post that scream scam to me but I am no expert, I do think that he should practice his english more and wait a bit before submitting the application.

10 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

1st she talked to him through google translate 

now she talks to him in French

she was not going to support his family

now she will til he can work/and then says typo

she doesn't want help

she /he wants attention

she cant afford to return for another visit but knows the fees and can handle it even though when i mentioned AOS $1225 fee she didnt know what AOS was

س

I read the thread and didn't see where she said that she speaks to him in french, I read that she uses translation app to read his emails which are in French. In any case, attention or not, she wanted and advice and got it, what she does with it in the long run is on her.

Edited by Hobidyali

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Seems she use Google Translate to translate French emails, well that is how it came across to me.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

I followed this thread yesterday - not contributing because the OP had been offered great advice by Adil-Rafa and others who have specifically gone thru this in Morocco.  I finally had to post because it was making me nuts that the poster was so focused on reasons for denial that she wasn't willing to listen to the most valuable advice she was being given about the big picture of things.   Honestly  - If you look at people who have been scammed - its not always obvious, or maybe they aren't necessarily being scammed  maybe it just wasn't as easy once that person got here as they thought it would be. Who knows. Point being - it doesn't always turn out as we want it and OP needs to be prepared for that as well.

My husband got his citizenship 2 years ago and we are very happily married but it wasn't easy and I wished I had done more research on the Cr1 vs K1. upon arrival.   There is just so much more to the process than the paperwork and I hope OP will slow down and see that.

K1 Visa                                                                 Adjustment of Status                                                             ROC

Service Center : California Service Center                        CIS Office : Kansas City MO Service Center                           California Service Center

Consulate : Bucharest, Romania

I-129F Sent : 2011-11-18                                 Date Filed : 2012-09-04 Date                            Filed: 2015-05-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-11-23                                      NOA Date : 2012-09-06                                                             NOA1 Date: 2015-05-28

I-129F RFE(s) : none                                              RFE(s) : NONE                                              RFE(s): NONE

I-129F NOA2 : 2012-04-12                                                 Bio. Appt. : 2012-10-03                                                              BIO. Appt.: 2015-09-15

NVC Received : 2012-04-26

NVC Left : 2012-05-10                                           EAD/AP Approved : 2012-11-08                             ROC APPROVED:2015-10-26      

Consulate Received : 2012-05-14                               EAD/AP Card Received : 2012-11-17                         Green card Received: 2015-11-04    

Packet 3 Received : 2012-05-17                                          Green card Approved : 2013-07-08                        NO INTERVIEW

Packet 3 Sent : 2012-05-20                                                    NO INTERVIEW

Interview Date : 2012-06-26                                                 Green Card Received : 2013-07-15

Interview Result : Approved                                                 

Visa Received : 2012-06-26                                                   

US Entry : 2012-07-05

Marriage : 2012-08-24

N-400 Naturalization:

04/25/2016 N-400 sent to USCIS AZ courier address thru FedEx

05/04/2106 NOA I-797 Receipt Notice Date
05/27/2016 Fingerprints Bio-metrics appointment date
06/08/2016 E-notification of interview scheduling
06/13/2016 Received official letter regarding interview
07/18/2016 Date of Interview
08/11/2016 Date Oath Ceremony
Field Office: Kansas City, MO

event.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Hobidyali said:

Very solid solid solid advice, but I don't see anything in her post that scream scam to me but I am no expert, I do think that he should practice his english more and wait a bit before submitting the application.

Department of Homeland Security says to look for signs of fraud (scam)

This is from US Morocco embassy site

this person meets the 1st 3

• Declarations of love within days or weeks of the initial contact;
  • Proposals or discussions of marriage soon after initial contact;
  • Requests to the American to visit the foreign national’s home country soon after the declaration of love or proposal;
  • Responses to messages from the American friend are along the lines “I love you/Sorry I missed your call,” or similarly one-sided conversations;
  • Once engaged, married, or an immigrant visa petition is filed, suddenly starts missing scheduled appointments to chat or call.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
1 minute ago, adil-rafa said:

• Requests to the American to visit the foreign national’s home country soon after the declaration of love or proposal;
  • Responses to messages from the American friend are along the lines “I love you/Sorry I missed your call,” or similarly one-sided conversations;
  • Once engaged, married, or an immigrant visa petition is filed, suddenly starts missing scheduled appointments to chat or call.

This!  Thank you!

K1 Visa                                                                 Adjustment of Status                                                             ROC

Service Center : California Service Center                        CIS Office : Kansas City MO Service Center                           California Service Center

Consulate : Bucharest, Romania

I-129F Sent : 2011-11-18                                 Date Filed : 2012-09-04 Date                            Filed: 2015-05-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-11-23                                      NOA Date : 2012-09-06                                                             NOA1 Date: 2015-05-28

I-129F RFE(s) : none                                              RFE(s) : NONE                                              RFE(s): NONE

I-129F NOA2 : 2012-04-12                                                 Bio. Appt. : 2012-10-03                                                              BIO. Appt.: 2015-09-15

NVC Received : 2012-04-26

NVC Left : 2012-05-10                                           EAD/AP Approved : 2012-11-08                             ROC APPROVED:2015-10-26      

Consulate Received : 2012-05-14                               EAD/AP Card Received : 2012-11-17                         Green card Received: 2015-11-04    

Packet 3 Received : 2012-05-17                                          Green card Approved : 2013-07-08                        NO INTERVIEW

Packet 3 Sent : 2012-05-20                                                    NO INTERVIEW

Interview Date : 2012-06-26                                                 Green Card Received : 2013-07-15

Interview Result : Approved                                                 

Visa Received : 2012-06-26                                                   

US Entry : 2012-07-05

Marriage : 2012-08-24

N-400 Naturalization:

04/25/2016 N-400 sent to USCIS AZ courier address thru FedEx

05/04/2106 NOA I-797 Receipt Notice Date
05/27/2016 Fingerprints Bio-metrics appointment date
06/08/2016 E-notification of interview scheduling
06/13/2016 Received official letter regarding interview
07/18/2016 Date of Interview
08/11/2016 Date Oath Ceremony
Field Office: Kansas City, MO

event.png

2 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

• Declarations of love within days or weeks of the initial contact; Where does it say that he said I love you days or weeks after meeting?
  • Proposals or discussions of marriage soon after initial contact; Whose to say it wasn't her that is eager to file , just based on her WANT to have children and sex shows eagerness on her part.
  • Requests to the American to visit the foreign national’s home country soon after the declaration of love or proposal; Who proposed the visit, him or her?
See above; Again, I am not going against anything you are saying here,but I read the entire post and she didn't state anything about meeting, and who did or said what. What I actually got from it, is her being the one in love and wanting a child with him, again I don't see scam here, I see a woman in love and rushing things.

2 minutes ago, Hobidyali said:
  • Declarations of love within days or weeks of the initial contact; Where does it say that he said I love you days or weeks after meeting?
  • Proposals or discussions of marriage soon after initial contact; Whose to say it wasn't her that is eager to file , just based on her WANT to have children and sex shows eagerness on her part.
  • Requests to the American to visit the foreign national’s home country soon after the declaration of love or proposal; Who proposed the visit, him or her?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
1 minute ago, Hobidyali said:

They met presumably on line, communicated using Google Translate.

She went to visit once for a short period and collect documentation to submit a K1.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I think this thread has run its course...

OP, here is my answer to your original question: Yes, he needs to know at least basic English in order to have a successful interview. The reason I say this is because the consular officer will want to know that you are able to communicate, and not just by using Google Translate. He has plenty of time to start studying and practicing his English before he has an interview.

The thread seemed to derail when I and several others tried to caution you about the difficulty of the K1 (and CR1) visa path through the Casablanca consulate. You can take from that what you want.

Edited by RJandHamid

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

US-Morocco Visa Discussion Facebook Group! :) 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

May 2020: ROC!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I am not new to dating. 

When he comes here I will make sure to send you all pictures at our 5yr anniversary, 10yr anniversary, 15 yr anniversary.. and I'm sure half of you all qont be on this site by then. No one professed love that quick. I'm not a rookie in any type of relationship.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.