Lottaair

Morocco Casablanca Consulate

203 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Can someone help me with this question. 

My fiance does not speak English very well and we communicate a lot through goigle translate if there is a complicated discussion.  Can someone please tell me if my finance needs to know English for his interview? 

Will he still get approved although he is not 100% fluent in English?  I do not speak Arabic but we get along 100%. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

well if they're going to move here, English lessons would probably be a good idea 😕

you can ask for a translator at the consulate

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

Timeline
1 minute ago, Lottaair said:

Will this rely heavily on his approval or denial?

Morocco is a notoriously hard consulate.

it very well could affect it, it is entirely up the the CO.

Combine that with any other red flags and you may have an issue.

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

ROC

The language she uses at the consulate (she doesn't have to interview in English) won't impact the decision.

The difficulty in communication due to a lack of common language might be an issue. Others have used similar methods to communicate with success at the interview. That said, Morocco is notoriously difficult, and K-1s are very difficult to obtain there.

It will come down to what evidence you do have of a bona fide relationship versus any evidence implying otherwise.

Do you have any red flags (difference in religion, age difference, etc.)? Past marriages? Children (on either side)?

How much time have you spent in person with each other, and over how many trips?

What other evidence was submitted previously? What new evidence will be submitted?

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline

Here goes my story:

We met several months ago and have been dedicated to one another every since. We talk (video) twice a day and text all day. I just recently went to see him last month and took care of the paperwork for things I needed from him. He wrote in his native language on the I-129F . I also gathered his passport photo and he signed a letter of intent to marry. I have gathered a booklet with pictures of us and records of our conversation. Pictures also include his family and friends everyone I met while I was there. We also had a morrocan engagement ceremony as well with pictures to prove it. I got a letter wishing us well from one of his uncles that does speak English.  Neither one of us have been married before or have kids. I truly hope to submit this paperwork before Christmas. Will this be enough?  I do plan to go in the summer as well depending on his paperwork status. But I dont want this to delay my waiting time for him to come in 2019. It is very difficult with their rules there. Since we are not married.... that's why I wish to have him here asap.

Timeline

Please note that I am new to this I do not know any of the acronyms you just used in your response, therefore I dont understand. 

I cannot afford to keep flying back and forth I'm not rich in any way possible. We are both in our 30's.

He is Muslim and I am not. We are both ok with that. 

He plans to learn English but personally it's not happening quick enough for me.but that's a subject I have to be patient on. 

I read where someone else had a morrocan ceremony also on here..the consulate thought they were already married but it's the traditional engagement. But they were approved It is important in their country. I'd like to have a family soon I cannot do that with us being so far apart. 

43 minutes ago, Lottaair said:

We also had a morrocan engagement ceremony as well with pictures to prove it. 

In the past few days, I’ve read few stories about Moroccan engagement party. I guess this is fairly common in Morocco. Since, I’ve read that this raises a red flag, I have a question. Doesn’t the CO know that this is common trandition in Morocco? If so, then why would this ceremony raise a red flag? 

1 minute ago, geowrian said:

The concern is people have actually married and then tried to do a K-1 since it's faster than a spousal visa. Past abuse -> current scrutiny.

An engagement party itself is not an issue. But the specifics involved with it can raise doubt if there was a marriage involved or not. Things like wearing formal wedding attire, having an officiant or religious leader present, an exchange of rings, etc. starts to look like an actual wedding.

I see. It makes sense now. Thank you for explaining!! 🙏🤗

Timeline
4 hours ago, Lottaair said:

I cannot afford to keep flying back and forth I'm not rich in any way possible.

He plans to learn English but personally it's not happening quick enough for me.but that's a subject I have to be patient on. 

I read where someone else had a morrocan ceremony also on here..the consulate thought they were already married but it's the traditional engagement. But they were approved It is important in their country. I'd like to have a family soon I cannot do that with us being so far apart. 

too married for a K1. not to mention with only one visit and you dont speak the same language, it would be unlikely to be approved anyways

seriously, how do you two COMMUNICATE? relationships are hard enough when you DO speak the same language. toss in cultural and language differences and nuances, and it can get ugly fast

5 hours ago, Lottaair said:

We also had a morrocan engagement ceremony as well with pictures to prove it. I got a letter wishing us well from one of his uncles

Will this be enough?  I do plan to go in the summer as well depending on his paperwork status. But I dont want this to delay my waiting time for him to come in 2019. It is very difficult with their rules there. Since we are not married.... that's why I wish to have him here asap.

nope nope nope nope nope nope nope

you havent known each other long.

youve only met once

you had a ceremony

yadda yadda yadda

do your research. read related threads.

as is, this wont end well for you

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

ROC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.