Greenbaum

DECEMBER 2018 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

1,964 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, ORA said:

Hi Everyone, 

Quick Question- the I-134 Affidavit of Support requires supporting evidence from the bank and employer. To whom to we address the letter of employment verification and bank statement?

Thanks 

To your embassy.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
7 hours ago, Kkimpala said:

I realize this question may be country specific but I asked the same question in the Canada sub forum and nobody seemed to know for sure so I’m hoping the people in this topic may be able to help me. I happened upon an article about birth certificates and someone asked about “long form” vs “short form” birth certificates for the interview which caused me to do a little research. I found that Ontario, Canada has 3 types of birth certificates; birth certificate (a card without parental information), birth certificate with parental information and a certified copy of birth registration. You can apply to recieve any of these but the website states it may take as long as 13-14 weeks :(  Has anyone heard of this or know if a “long form” birth certificate is needed for the interview? I currently have a wallet sized birth certificate which I sent with the petition and it was approved. Not sure if it’s just needed for the interview but I’m worried it will take a while to receive in the mail. Our case is currently at the NVC awaiting shipment to Montreal and it would be awful for anything to set us back even further, making the wait even longer. Any help would be much appreciated. 

As was stated in the subforum there is an "emergency order" application in Ontario. You need the birth cert that is CERTIFIED COPY OF BIRTH REGISTRATION that has the parents name. You don't want the "parental cert" that is a wallet sized one with parents names but no place of birth, doctors who attended birth etc. The parental one is for parents travelling with kids to prove custody in an easy to use/travel with format. Hope this clears up your question. CALL the registrar and tell them you need to do an emergency application otherwise you will be waiting 15+ weeks. Absolutely the long form is a required LIVE document needed at the interview or you'll get rejected.  I hope this info is helpful and best of luck,

Edited by Smashy

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Smashy said:

As was stated in the subforum there is an "emergency order" application in Ontario. You need the birth cert that is CERTIFIED COPY OF BIRTH REGISTRATION that has the parents name. You don't want the "parental cert" that is a wallet sized one with parents names but no place of birth, doctors who attended birth etc. The parental one is for parents travelling with kids to prove custody in an easy to use/travel with format. Hope this clears up your question. CALL the registrar and tell them you need to do an emergency application otherwise you will be waiting 15+ weeks. Absolutely the long form is a required LIVE document needed at the interview or you'll get rejected.  I hope this info is helpful and best of luck,

Thank you so much! This is very much appreciated. I just finished the application for certified copy this afternoon. I called and the customer service representative said I should receive it no later than Friday. 

Thanks so much again for the info!!

6 hours ago, J&K 💕 said:

is this really a must? My fiance got one already but not adressed to the embassy.

No it is not a requirement to address it to the Embassy. But the OP asked the question and I answered it with was needed not required. To Whom It May Concern works too.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Our case status said In Transit on 1/8 & Ready on 01/11. I emailed the Embassy on the case status and today they told me they do not have the physical copy of our documents yet so will not send out packet 3 or review our case until they do so. Any advice on this? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline

Our case status on ceac changed to "In Transit" today. 😊

All the best to others too who are waiting for their petitions to go to their respective embassies for further processing. 😊👍

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Liflead said:

Our case status on ceac changed to "In Transit" today. 😊

All the best to others too who are waiting for their petitions to go to their respective embassies for further processing. 😊👍

Do you know if all the statuses changed already? Mine still says “At NVC”... not sure if I should still have faith it’ll be sent today or not 

6 minutes ago, m17122018 said:

Do you know if all the statuses changed already? Mine still says “At NVC”... not sure if I should still have faith it’ll be sent today or not 

Ours in transit too 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline
13 minutes ago, m17122018 said:

Don't worry the day have just started and they send the petitions to embassies on Tuesdays and Wednesdays so there is still time. Let's be positive. 🙂🙏

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.