Greenbaum

DECEMBER 2018 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

1,964 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Liflead said:

Well that's interesting. So if hard and soft copies are both sent then the soft copies definitely must be reaching earlier than hardcopies. Is there any way to find out if embassy has received the soft copies? Does they work on our petition when they receive these soft copies? Really curious to know what are these soft copies used for? Any idea?

They send your file electronically to the embassy/consulate when they send out the DHL shipment. Like I said the first "ready" date is the consulate/embassy receiving the electronic transmittal ie scanned copies and the second is the embassy/consulate receiving the physical paperwork. I would imagine they do something like this in case oh I don't know THE PLANE GOES DOWN SO YOU DON'T LOSE YOUR PAPERWORK!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
50 minutes ago, brener69 said:

They send your file electronically to the embassy/consulate when they send out the DHL shipment. Like I said the first "ready" date is the consulate/embassy receiving the electronic transmittal ie scanned copies and the second is the embassy/consulate receiving the physical paperwork. I would imagine they do something like this in case oh I don't know THE PLANE GOES DOWN SO YOU DON'T LOSE YOUR PAPERWORK!

Ha ha ha. That actually made me laugh 🤣 

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
53 minutes ago, brener69 said:

That’s the exact same example I give when people ask me if my case is almost done now that the NVC is done with it!! 😂 I always tell them there’s the possibility that the plane that brings my paperwork for Madrid might fall into the ocean. The other day i was telling that to my mom while we were walking down the street and an old lady started yelling at me for saying such things 😂😂

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
3 hours ago, m17122018 said:

That’s the exact same example I give when people ask me if my case is almost done now that the NVC is done with it!! 😂 I always tell them there’s the possibility that the plane that brings my paperwork for Madrid might fall into the ocean. The other day i was telling that to my mom while we were walking down the street and an old lady started yelling at me for saying such things 😂😂

Yeah, you never know what can happen. Can you imagine if paperwork got lost and there were no electronic copies anywhere?

5 hours ago, Liflead said:

Well that's interesting. So if hard and soft copies are both sent then the soft copies definitely must be reaching earlier than hardcopies. Is there any way to find out if embassy has received the soft copies? Does they work on our petition when they receive these soft copies? Really curious to know what are these soft copies used for? Any idea?

It would be like if you had a presentation in paper form and one on your computer screen. You can work from either but the embassy normally works from the electronic version. (When you present your DS-160 at the interview they scan the barcode and tie the DS-160 to your file) When they are in doubt about something then they will refer to the "paper" copy. The process once at the Embassy is that the "file" is logged in and given to the CO that will adjudicate your case. Leading up to your interview they will access your file to review it and if they have a question from something that pops out at them then they will make notes. Once you are in front of them at the interview they ask the standard questions and along the way they will ask some questions that pertain to the questionable information that they had about your file. When satisfied that you have complied with everything pertaining to the interview then your interview is concluded. Once finished the CO has some "housekeeping" to do with your file and then if it is approved it goes to the department that "manufactures" the finished visa that is then placed in your passport. The finished file, medical and passport are assembled into an envelope (they are slowly moving toward only issuing you the visa in the passport and all files, including medical will be electronically available for Immigration at your POE. The Philippine Embassy is one of the first to install this system) and sent to you for carrying to your POE.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline
21 hours ago, brener69 said:

OF COURSE! THE PLANE GOES UP AND IT COMES DOWN TOO 😋 SO THAT WE DON'T LOSE UR PAPERWORK AND IT REACHES THE EMBASSY. 😉

Well since u said the first ready is "usually" when they receive the electronic copy so I  thought u r not sure and that's why I wanted to know if there is any sure method to find out. And secondly wanted to know if they work on the electronic copy or they directly work on the hardcopies. 😉 Thanks for ur answer though 😊🙏👍

Timeline
16 hours ago, brener69 said:

Yeah, you never know what can happen. Can you imagine if paperwork got lost and there were no electronic copies anywhere?

😲😮😣

Timeline
16 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

It would be like if you had a presentation in paper form and one on your computer screen. You can work from either but the embassy normally works from the electronic version. (When you present your DS-160 at the interview they scan the barcode and tie the DS-160 to your file) When they are in doubt about something then they will refer to the "paper" copy. The process once at the Embassy is that the "file" is logged in and given to the CO that will adjudicate your case. Leading up to your interview they will access your file to review it and if they have a question from something that pops out at them then they will make notes. Once you are in front of them at the interview they ask the standard questions and along the way they will ask some questions that pertain to the questionable information that they had about your file. When satisfied that you have complied with everything pertaining to the interview then your interview is concluded. Once finished the CO has some "housekeeping" to do with your file and then if it is approved it goes to the department that "manufactures" the finished visa that is then placed in your passport. The finished file, medical and passport are assembled into an envelope (they are slowly moving toward only issuing you the visa in the passport and all files, including medical will be electronically available for Immigration at your POE. The Philippine Embassy is one of the first to install this system) and sent to you for carrying to your POE.

Wowwwww!!! @Greenbaum What wud have happened to us if u weren't there to help us. U r a one stop shop. USCIS, NVC, and embassies shud hire u. 😊👌Thanks for that wonderful explanation. U r the best. 😊👍👏👏👏👏

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Davi+Inna said:

We received our letter from consulate 01/14/19 only 3 days since they received our paperwork from the NVC on 01/11/19. Super excited and shocked things are moving so quickly now :) Also we have our interview scheduled 01/29/19. Not much longer now. God is good! 

Curious at what stage did you do your DS-160?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 minute ago, Shiran said:

Curious at what stage did you do your DS-160?

We did our DS-160 right after we received our case number from the NVC.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I realize this question may be country specific but I asked the same question in the Canada sub forum and nobody seemed to know for sure so I’m hoping the people in this topic may be able to help me. I happened upon an article about birth certificates and someone asked about “long form” vs “short form” birth certificates for the interview which caused me to do a little research. I found that Ontario, Canada has 3 types of birth certificates; birth certificate (a card without parental information), birth certificate with parental information and a certified copy of birth registration. You can apply to recieve any of these but the website states it may take as long as 13-14 weeks :(  Has anyone heard of this or know if a “long form” birth certificate is needed for the interview? I currently have a wallet sized birth certificate which I sent with the petition and it was approved. Not sure if it’s just needed for the interview but I’m worried it will take a while to receive in the mail. Our case is currently at the NVC awaiting shipment to Montreal and it would be awful for anything to set us back even further, making the wait even longer. Any help would be much appreciated. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Kkimpala said:

I realize this question may be country specific but I asked the same question in the Canada sub forum and nobody seemed to know for sure so I’m hoping the people in this topic may be able to help me. I happened upon an article about birth certificates and someone asked about “long form” vs “short form” birth certificates for the interview which caused me to do a little research. I found that Ontario, Canada has 3 types of birth certificates; birth certificate (a card without parental information), birth certificate with parental information and a certified copy of birth registration. You can apply to recieve any of these but the website states it may take as long as 13-14 weeks :(  Has anyone heard of this or know if a “long form” birth certificate is needed for the interview? I currently have a wallet sized birth certificate which I sent with the petition and it was approved. Not sure if it’s just needed for the interview but I’m worried it will take a while to receive in the mail. Our case is currently at the NVC awaiting shipment to Montreal and it would be awful for anything to set us back even further, making the wait even longer. Any help would be much appreciated. 

It's the long form! We sent in the short form for mine and we were approved too. But I heard from so many others that you need the long form birth certificate for the interview (it has your parents names on it). I ordered it online (Nova Scotia) and it was mailed within a week or so. I'd do that ASAP.

We are at the same NVC stage btw. :)

My K1 Visa Timeline:                                                                 My AOS Timeline:

NOA1 - June 15, 2018                                                                NOA - Nov. 8, 2019

My K1 visa interview - April 3, 2019 = APPROVED!! :D       EAD & AP approved - Feb. 6, 2020

Visa on hand - April 8, 2019                                                      EAD/AP combo card & SSN card in married name received - Feb. 13, 2020

US entry - July 31, 2019                                                             Green card interview scheduled - August 11, 2020

Our wedding day - Oct. 14, 2019 ❤️                                        Green card interview - September 10, 2020 = APPROVED! :D

Green card received - September 16, 2020

My ROC Timeline

NOA - July 14, 2022

Fingerprints Were Taken NOA - August 2, 2022

Timeline
16 minutes ago, NicoleM said:

It's the long form! We sent in the short form for mine and we were approved too. But I heard from so many others that you need the long form birth certificate for the interview (it has your parents names on it). I ordered it online (Nova Scotia) and it was mailed within a week or so. I'd do that ASAP.

We are at the same NVC stage btw. :)

Thank you so much, this is so helpful!!! I will complete the application for it right now! Ahah here’s hoping both our cases make it to Montreal this week! :) 

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

SO NERVOUS AND EXCITED!! Now that my case says “at NVC”, it might be sent this week to the embassy! The wait is almost over!!! (because that’s the correct status to get sent right? “At NVC”?)

Good luck to everyone! 🤞🏼

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.