JMCKNG

November 2018 AOS Filers

3,118 posts in this topic

SSN info:

For those of you who applied for your replacement SSN in your married name on the I765 (or your original SSN on there too),

the SSA website states it should arrive within 7 days after receiving your EAD and to call if it doesnt arrive. Well I'm day 8 and was worried so I called.

Called my local SSA as that's where my denied married name application is but they had no record of an "auto" application on the I765. 

So I called SSA Headquarters instead. They sent it out on the 22nd.

So to calculate my timeline....

EAD New Card Being Produced April 9th.

EAD Card received April 18th.

SSN mailed out April 22nd (and still not here).

She did say it could take up to 10 days from mailing which I find strange.

So if you're worried that it doesnt come try calling SSA 1-800-772-1213.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
17 minutes ago, NicolaBolton87 said:

158 today. Not as long as 170 but I’m sure we’ll hit that number too! Starting to feel like I’m never going to get an update!

I know the feeling. I'm hoping we don't get passed the number of days it took to get our i-129f approved cause I'll officially lose hope in the system. The current wait time just to get a work permit is ridiculous 🙄

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
33 minutes ago, MichelleKristian said:

163 Days for usssss😐 Trying to keep positive but I don't know how much longer we can survive on my income alone 😭 Praying to the Visa Gods... at this point the Green Card doesn't even matter, we just need the Work Permit. Good luck to everyone else struggling out there! It doesn't make it easier but it's comforting to know it isn't just us 👊

Yep.  The green card can wait, that's fine, I just want my husband to be able to work and visit his family! UGH. 

I made the mistake of looking at Dec/Jan filers' threads. I am trying to see their approvals as a good thing (at least approvals are out there) but it's hard. I sympathize with the Sept/Oct filers who saw the same thing happening with us.... :clock:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Same; it's been 160 days for us and I would be extremely disappointed if we reach the same amount of days as we waited for our K1. These wait times are ridiculous. 

K1 Timeline

01/10/2018: Mailed I-129F from Miami, Fl

01/12/2018: I-129F Received (according to online NOA1)

01/18/2018: Text message with NOA1 info and case number received

01/26/2018: NOA1 Hard Copy

07/27/2018: NOA2 Received :jest:

08/14/2018: NVC Received, Case & Invoice # assigned

08/21/2018: Case in Transit

08/24/2018: Naples Embassy Received (case READY)

09/04/2018: Packet 3 (received after sending them an email inquiring about the Packet)

09/18/2018: Interview, AP 

10/2/2018: Out of AP, Visa Issued

10/4/2018: Visa in Hand

10/18/2018: POE (Miami, Fl)

10/26/2018: Civil Marriage Ceremony

12/29/2018: Wedding Ceremony 

AOS Timeline

11/16/2018: Filed for AOS at Hialeah, Fl office

11/20/2018: Fingerprint Fee Received

12/12/2018: Fingerprints done 

4/25/2019: Interview Ready to Be Scheduled for I-485 

4/30/2019: Notified that Interview was Scheduled 

6/17/2019:  Interview: approved! :dance: (213 days from filing AOS; no EAD or AP)

On 4/19/2019 at 12:01 PM, Allaboutwaiting said:

Guys! After 5 months of waiting and seeing how others on our same local office got appointments after 2-3 months, we finally got our INTERVIEW SCHEDULED!

Received a message on the phone, an email and the status already updated on the site. I'm elated! And still somehow in disbelief. It's that kind of long awaited thing that I hoped but didn't think would happen. 

Of course, we still need to be approved, but that depends entirely on us. Now it is all about waiting for the actual notification with the date and gathering all the necessary documents. 

Regarding EAD/AP, status is still at received and I guess it'll remain that way. 

I send everyone still waiting all the best vibes and a virtual hug. And some mental waves towards the USCIS, so they can work on those who've waited longer. 

@rrobin0609 & @JunkTardis , I'm certain you'll receive news very soon and we'll all celebrate and leave all this frustration behind. 

I'm from San Diego too! We filed only a couple of weeks after you! So my husband and I are desperately waiting for our interview letter! I saw one couple after us already got an interviewed scheduled! So I guess we will just patiently wait our turn 😵

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

SSN info:

For those of you who applied for your replacement SSN in your married name on the I765 (or your original SSN on there too),

the SSA website states it should arrive within 7 days after receiving your EAD and to call if it doesnt arrive. Well I'm day 8 and was worried so I called.

Called my local SSA as that's where my denied married name application is but they had no record of an "auto" application on the I765. 

So I called SSA Headquarters instead. They sent it out on the 22nd.

So to calculate my timeline....

EAD New Card Being Produced April 9th.

EAD Card received April 18th.

SSN mailed out April 22nd (and still not here).

She did say it could take up to 10 days from mailing which I find strange.

So if you're worried that it doesnt come try calling SSA 1-800-772-1213.

It will probably get there by tomorrow or Saturday.  When I called March 27, the woman said that my SSN card was issued March 26 and that I should get it in two weeks, it arrived April 1. And I’m guessing it’s all coming from one office or headquarters. My ssn card came from Baltimore, Maryland. 

1 minute ago, Pengunista said:

It will probably get there by tomorrow or Saturday.  When I called March 27, the woman said that my SSN card was issued March 26 and that I should get it in two weeks, it arrived April 1. And I’m guessing it’s all coming from one office or headquarters. My ssn card came from Baltimore, Maryland. 

Yed! MD is SSA Headquarters hence why my local SSA had no clue what I was talking about (but you know I had to try so I could report experience at the "chocolate teapot" here, lol). I'll be only the look out through Informed Delivery! Thanks for the insight 🤩

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Yed! MD is SSA Headquarters hence why my local SSA had no clue what I was talking about (but you know I had to try so I could report experience at the "chocolate teapot" here, lol). I'll be only the look out through Informed Delivery! Thanks for the insight 🤩

Heheh see I didn’t know that MD is the head quarters, I tried my local and got lucky that even though the first person I talked to was not able to help me, she directed me to the card center here in Sacramento and that’s how I find out that there is indeed an ssn application for me. Hehe. I wonder if the person you talked to meant that your SSN was issued the 22nd and not mailed on the 22nd, oh well, I guess you’ll know once you get it, it would have the date your ssn was issued. Good luck! It will be there tomorrow, I can feel it hahahah. 

2 hours ago, Ash&Jaye said:

I'm from San Diego too! We filed only a couple of weeks after you! So my husband and I are desperately waiting for our interview letter! I saw one couple after us already got an interviewed scheduled! So I guess we will just patiently wait our turn 😵

We were desperate as well, especially when finding out people who filed in December and January had their interviews over a month ago. 

Our status changed to ready to be scheduled 5 months after filing and the website status changed to "Interview was scheduled" a week later. 

We don't have the actual notification yet, so we have no clue about the date of our interview, but based on what others have posted, the appointment could be in a month from now. 

So I bet you'll get scheduled in the following days, maybe even tomorrow! 

I'm certain our files were forgotten in a box until recently, as San Diego is one of the fastest offices, scheduling most interviews, three months after filing.

23 hours ago, JunkTardis said:

Ughhh! Why you gotta get me all excited and crush my dreams like that!?

jYhEVPy.png

I think you're entitled to file a formal complaint against them, for playing with your feelings...maybe even sue them for all the emotional distress. :P

I still sustain you'll get scheduled soon...like, tomorrow! 🙌

Edited by Allaboutwaiting

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.