JMCKNG

November 2018 AOS Filers

3,118 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, vaksurik said:

I’m early Nov. Day 175 here...no interview, no EAD. Still waiting [im]patiently.

Day 173. No news on EAD/AP yet. 27 days ago we got notice that our case is ready to be scheduled for an interview but we’re in Jersey and our local field office is taking 10.5-23.5 months for the green card interviews 😭 Hoping for an approval soon  for everyone!🤞🏻

Edited by Katelyngene

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Togo
Timeline
3 hours ago, vaksurik said:

Just got done stalking the Oct 2018 AOS group. A few people are in the 200s as far as wait times. Simply unacceptable. A few people in the 180s got approved recently, which is good news. ALSO, the inquiry date changed to Oct 2nd....so we're getting there. Hoping for a wave of approvals this week! 

I’m not sure if I’m correct, but my theory is from using case tracker is that the number of days waiting does not matter much. More what matters is what your case number is. For example near my case number I have people from November 14, 23, 26 and December 7. All of our case numbers are near each other. So that’s why some in December get their answers faster then others, just depends on case number and if agents are doing your stack. So what I’m thinking is when I start to see hits around my case number, that’s when I will know they are close to me. Scanning 100 names behind my case number and 100 ahead I can see only 23 have answers. So there are are many of still waiting....each with a different number of days, depending on when they filed and what case number they got. 

1 Corinthians 13:8 Love never fils 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
10 minutes ago, TogoAfrica said:

I’m not sure if I’m correct, but my theory is from using case tracker is that the number of days waiting does not matter much. More what matters is what your case number is. For example near my case number I have people from November 14, 23, 26 and December 7. All of our case numbers are near each other. So that’s why some in December get their answers faster then others, just depends on case number and if agents are doing your stack. So what I’m thinking is when I start to see hits around my case number, that’s when I will know they are close to me. Scanning 100 names behind my case number and 100 ahead I can see only 23 have answers. So there are are many of still waiting....each with a different number of days, depending on when they filed and what case number they got. 

Oooo I like this theory. Some form of logic always makes me feel better 😄 

What do you think about why so many cases remain on “case received” as opposed to “fingerprint review was completed”? Do you think that the fingerprint review date is the one that matters, or the case received date? 

Edited by vaksurik

K1 VISA

NOA1 - Dec 12

NOA2 - June 29

Visa in hand - Sept 22

POE - Sept 25 

Marriage - Oct 6 🥂

AOS

Packet Sent - Nov 5, 2018

NOA1 - Nov 9, 2018

NOA1 Received in mail - Nov 16, 2018

EAD Card Approved - June 4, 2019

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
19 hours ago, Ash&Jaye said:

Yay!! Congrats! And you'll be fine! Probably nothing you can't answer!

Thank you Ash&Jaye :)

• 11/10/18 - Sent AOS Package to Chicago (I-485 to I-765)
  • 11/19/18 - NOA for AOS (I-485)
  • 11/19/18 - NOA for Petition for Alien Relative (I-130)
  • 11/19/18 -NOA for Application for Travel Document (I-131)
  • 11/19/18 - NOA for EAD (I-765)
  • 12/10/18 - Biometrics
  • 04/03/19 - Case status of I-485 changed to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview"
  • 04/19/19 - Case status of I-485 changed to "Interview was Scheduled"
  • 04/29/19 - Received Interview letter in the mail
  • 05/30/19 - Interview on the spot approval
  • 06/07/19 - Conditional Green Card received
  • 03/03/21 - Package Delivered to Phoenix AZ (I-751)
  • 04/01/21 - NOA Receipt of payment and extension of Conditional Green Card
  • 08/19/2021 - NOA Approval Notice for (I-751)
  • 08/28/2021 - 10 Year Green Card received 
  • 09/06/2022 - N-400 Online application sent
  • 03/14/2023 - N-400 Interview was Scheduled
  • 04/19/2023 - Passed Citizenship Naturalization Interview
  • 05/23/2023 - Naturalization Oath taking ceremony

1 hour ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

@rrobin0609 @JunkTardis Guys, how is everything going? Any news? 

I'm eagerly waiting for you to get the EAD/AP and the interview scheduled, as the USCIS promised. 

We're still waiting ☹️ They've had the response for 25 days now. Fingers are still crossed! I've been trying to stay distracted with other stuff so I'm not constantly thinking about it. Friday we went to Bass Pro and walked around looking at camping stuff and talking about our planned trip to South Dakota next month before getting Coldstone. Matt doesn't believe in running, but I have a 5k mud run next weekend. And I have our after hours software support pager this week (but hopefully that wont keep me distracted 😊).

My mom suggested we contact our congressman about it. Since we're still within normal processing times we filled it out to inquire on why we got such a bogus RFIE. Maybe it will bring some visibility to some other idiotic ones people have gotten (doubtful). We haven't heard from him.

16 minutes ago, rrobin0609 said:

We're still waiting ☹️ They've had the response for 25 days now. Fingers are still crossed! I've been trying to stay distracted with other stuff so I'm not constantly thinking about it. Friday we went to Bass Pro and walked around looking at camping stuff and talking about our planned trip to South Dakota next month before getting Coldstone. Matt doesn't believe in running, but I have a 5k mud run next weekend. And I have our after hours software support pager this week (but hopefully that wont keep me distracted 😊).

My mom suggested we contact our congressman about it. Since we're still within normal processing times we filled it out to inquire on why we got such a bogus RFIE. Maybe it will bring some visibility to some other idiotic ones people have gotten (doubtful). We haven't heard from him.

Doing things out of the daily routine truly helps improving the mood and diverting the mind from worries. I'm glad you both have plans ahead. That mud run sounds like fun! 

And it wasn't a bad idea contacting the congressman as what happened to you is a BIG mistake, the kind that should be highlighted to hopefully avoid it from happening again. 

From reading the forum and our own experience, you might receive news after a month from response to RFE, so maybe this Friday or next Monday things will finally happen. 

We send you both all the best vibes. 💚

Timeline
3 hours ago, vaksurik said:

What do you think about why so many cases remain on “case received” as opposed to “fingerprint review was completed”? Do you think that the fingerprint review date is the one that matters, or the case received date? 

I’m not sure if it’s correct, but what I was thinking is case review represents all of us still waiting. Fingerprint review is for those who are waiting for their interview to be scheduled. Since some states move faster then others for the AOS. I’m not sure if this is correct, just guessing.  Lol 😜 trying to figure out their system is just crazy 😆. But well this idea kind of gives me something to look for.....it’s pretty depressing seeing so many around my case number with no answers. Makes me think we won’t be hearing until maybe mid May, more like the end of May. Well.....what can we do...nothing but wait. 

38 minutes ago, TogoAfrica said:

I’m not sure if it’s correct, but what I was thinking is case review represents all of us still waiting. Fingerprint review is for those who are waiting for their interview to be scheduled. Since some states move faster then others for the AOS. I’m not sure if this is correct, just guessing.  Lol 😜 trying to figure out their system is just crazy 😆. But well this idea kind of gives me something to look for.....it’s pretty depressing seeing so many around my case number with no answers. Makes me think we won’t be hearing until maybe mid May, more like the end of May. Well.....what can we do...nothing but wait. 

4 hours ago, vaksurik said:

Some cases never update to "Fingerprint review was completed", like ours. We went from received fee to ready to be scheduled, but it took 5 months. :P

So the fingerprint review could be completed a few days after biometrics, but not every case gets the status update on the site. 

When you get ready to be scheduled status you can trust you're in queue for an interview, meaning your file is no longer abandoned in a box. :P

15 hours ago, J&D09 said:

As for now, received ead/ap beginning of this month. Status still interview ready to be schedule.  Good luck to you hope you hear soon. 

Congrats to you! - thanks! Hopefully really soon :)

Timeline

Yea I’m still opening up visa journey everyday and trying to figure out this process......good news is people before October 8, 2018 can put in a request for over processing time. Bad news is, the uscis has a month to resolve the out of processing application. So people in September and beginning of October can file but still must wait a month for it to be resolved. It’s not a fast answer. 😏 sadly I can see people in September still waiting and definitely people still from October waiting. So those of us waiting in November....it’s possible any day our stack will be pulled and our file worked on, but it’s more logical we won’t be hearing anything until end of May and more like June now. I think the theory that they have a certain percentage they must have done from each month is accurate. It’s like they start a month and don’t complete it before moving onto the next. Then they have to go back and catch up on the ones left behind. I’m sad to think those of us still waiting are left behind. Scanning my case 500 cases behind I can see someone in the beginning of the list who just was approved April 30. There are a few approved in the beginning of April. But the rest are waiting as “case was received”. They are definitely not touching any case numbers near me. I think at the moment they are working on their quota for December filers and taking care of September and October filers. Not wanting to bring bad news to November filers still waiting, but I definitely don’t think we will be hearing anything until maybe the end of this month, or maybe even June. Not good news for my husband. I just hope none of November filers get close to the out of processing time and have to put a request in and still wait a month for it to be resolved. This part of the  journey is definitely not an easy one, but at least we are together. I didn’t like the start of this journey very much, being separated by an ocean. So trying to be positive, we are together, married!! Just one of us can’t work 😜 or travel 😜. Curious what the next part of the journey brings for challenges..... I’m thinking it will be easier 😏, we will see. 

We could always have hope for our AOS....but we live in Maine and that takes 10.5-22 months. So I’m thinking the work/travel permit will come first.....or so I’m really hoping!!! 

Edited by TogoAfrica

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
21 hours ago, TogoAfrica said:

How do you find out other people's case numbers though in order to place yourself in a list?

The only information I can see is the VJ timeline updates, and that is just based on people's NOA dates...

Timeline
13 minutes ago, jtrh said:

How do you find out other people's case numbers though in order to place yourself in a list?

The only information I can see is the VJ timeline updates, and that is just based on people's NOA dates...

Someone here suggested I use case tracker....it’s an app. You can add your case number and it will notify you of any changes to it. But another feature is there is a search section. You can put your case number in and search 500 case numbers and see what’s happening around you. So what I did, because I wanted to see what was happening behind me and in front of me is I changed my case number to the case number 300 behind me and scanned 500 cases. My real case number was in that scan and then I can look at what’s happening behind me and in front of me. 

Along with i went to visa journey September and October AOS filers and read what’s  happening there. It seems September filers are finally getting all there answers. October people are still waiting. So my theory is that’s why November filers and case numbers around me are not being touched because they are working on the rest of September and starting the rest of October filers and keeping up with their quota for December filers. So if that’s the case....us November filers left behind won’t start seeing some action again for a little bit. They need to catch up with old case numbers first. 

I have had the stomach bug for the last two days and plenty of time to keep myself busy 😆

Edited by TogoAfrica

Timeline

https://www.aila.org/advo-media/whats-happening-in-congress/congressional-updates/uscis-responds-to-letter-from-86-house-members

just in case someone didn’t see this, it was posted a little while ago in visa journey. It definitely explains what’s happening and why it takes so long!! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
14 minutes ago, TogoAfrica said:

Someone here suggested I use case tracker....it’s an app. You can add your case number and it will notify you of any changes to it. But another feature is there is a search section. You can put your case number in and search 500 case numbers and see what’s happening around you. So what I did, because I wanted to see what was happening behind me and in front of me is I changed my case number to the case number 300 behind me and scanned 500 cases. My real case number was in that scan and then I can look at what’s happening behind me and in front of me. 

Along with i went to visa journey September and October AOS filers and read what’s  happening there. It seems September filers are finally getting all there answers. October people are still waiting. So my theory is that’s why November filers and case numbers around me are not being touched because they are working on the rest of September and starting the rest of October filers and keeping up with their quota for December filers. So if that’s the case....us November filers left behind won’t start seeing some action again for a little bit. They need to catch up with old case numbers first. 

I have had the stomach bug for the last two days and plenty of time to keep myself busy 😆

Lol I'm december so.... 😅It's confusing though because I go to the Dec and Jan threads and people are getting approved... Also my VJ timeline date has passed!

What's the precise name of this app? I have an iphone and typed Case Tracker in the app store and a bunch come up, none with that exact name...

41 minutes ago, jtrh said:

Lol I'm december so.... 😅It's confusing though because I go to the Dec and Jan threads and people are getting approved... Also my VJ timeline date has passed!

What's the precise name of this app? I have an iphone and typed Case Tracker in the app store and a bunch come up, none with that exact name...

Weird, I don’t find the app either. I downloaded once already and did the scan but I didn’t want to put under more stress myself so I deleted it. And now when I search it on the App Store I don’t find it. 

The name was Case Tracker for USCIS.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.