JMCKNG

November 2018 AOS Filers

3,118 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, AnJay said:

For self employed people they consider total income. My husband makes whayy over the poverty but after some deductions its usually less and some people are very agressive on deductions and sometimes have just a little to show. On tax return for 2017 your amount on line 22 will be considered, on tax return for 2018 its line 6. 

I was so frustrated with taxes also. 

Hope you guys will sorted it out!

Anjay is correct^^^

Unless he filed 1040EZ it will be line 6, not 7 as I stated. Double check his Transcript when you get it which one he filed. It will state which form number he filed on the second line of the Transcript.

On 4/26/2019 at 10:31 PM, TogoAfrica said:

How do you do this?

There's an app I've been using on my iPhone (I'm not sure if it works for Android and such, or not!) which is called ""Case Tracker," and you can enter in your receipt numbers for the I-485, I-131, and I-765, etc and it'll alert you when there's been any sort of action taken on your case. There's also a search function on the app where you can enter a receipt number to start at, and it'll pull up all the surrounding receipts within a 500-case range.

While it doesn't necessarily mean anything to see that USCIS has taken action on the cases surrounding yours, it can be a bit of a relief to see that they've at least started working on the cases near yours. I would recommend downloading it, if you can! Mind you, it does become a bit addictive when you start seeing they've taken action on cases near yours! Sometimes I can't tell if it makes me feel better, or if it makes me feel like I'm losing my mind even more. 😂

10.10.2017 - Engagement

12.05.2017 - (K1 Visa) Case was Received

12.06.2017 - NOA1

06.14.2018 - NOA2 (Approved)

07.02.2018 - NVC received

07.03.2018 - NVC case number assigned

07.24.2018 - Left NVC/In Transit (22 days at NVC)

08.08.2018 - Medical

08.22.2018 - Interview (Approved! The whole process took 259 days from start to finish.)

09.08.2018 - POE

10.20.2018 - Marriage

11.14.2018 - (AOS) Case was Received

11.18.2018 - (AOS) Fingerprint Fee was Received

07.24.2019 - "Case Ready for Interview to be Scheduled" (253 days)

07.31.2019 - Green Card interview letter received in the mail (7 days later)

08.29.2019 - Green Card interview (Approved!)

09.03.2019 - New Card Being Produced!

09.07.2019 - Green Card in Hand! (9 days after our interview)

06.23.2021 - Form I-751 Removal of Conditions, Case was Received

06.26.2021 - NOA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Togo
Timeline
19 hours ago, wakeuplittlesuzy said:

There's an app I've been using on my iPhone (I'm not sure if it works for Android and such, or not!) which is called ""Case Tracker," and you can enter in your receipt numbers for the I-485, I-131, and I-765, etc and it'll alert you when there's been any sort of action taken on your case. There's also a search function on the app where you can enter a receipt number to start at, and it'll pull up all the surrounding receipts within a 500-case range.

While it doesn't necessarily mean anything to see that USCIS has taken action on the cases surrounding yours, it can be a bit of a relief to see that they've at least started working on the cases near yours. I would recommend downloading it, if you can! Mind you, it does become a bit addictive when you start seeing they've taken action on cases near yours! Sometimes I can't tell if it makes me feel better, or if it makes me feel like I'm losing my mind even more. 😂

Thank you! I will try this......I’m loosing my mind already, so what will this hurt 🤪

154 days so far 🤦🏽‍♀️

1 Corinthians 13:8 Love never fils 

Timeline
20 hours ago, wakeuplittlesuzy said:

Thanks I used the app....it’s interesting I took our number for the I-765 and searched 500 cases behind us. From doing this I can see only 49 have been approved and 57 rejected and 15 receive RFE. From looking at the dates quickly there was at least eight from November 14 still waiting, five from November 15, three from November 19, the rest and majority November 23 and 26th. We are the 26th. Looking at 500 after our number 45 have answers, 25 rejected, 13 RFE. From doing this I can see So many are still waiting from November 23 and 26 (like us). What I don’t understand about these numbers is....are numbers not assigned according to when they receive our cases? For example why am i seeing some from November 19 with case numbers higher then mine? It makes me think when they receive our cases they are all mixed together and randomly given case numbers, not based on date it arrived but just what order it was selected from a pile. Well....over all I can see still many waiting in November. And if our case numbers are not given according to when it arrives to them...then that’s why some from November 14 are still waiting because their case number was higher then others from November 14. Overall I can see no one being touched near me...so we have definitely a long more time to wait. 154 days waiting is nothing 🤦🏽‍♀️😫. Ugh 

none of this really makes sense 🤦🏽‍♀️😛 not even the case numbers and when people’s cases were received. Even those are not in order 

2 minutes ago, TogoAfrica said:

Thanks I used the app....it’s interesting I took our number for the I-765 and searched 500 cases behind us. From doing this I can see only 49 have been approved and 57 rejected and 15 receive RFE. From looking at the dates quickly there was at least eight from November 14 still waiting, five from November 15, three from November 19, the rest and majority November 23 and 26th. We are the 26th. Looking at 500 after our number 45 have answers, 25 rejected, 13 RFE. From doing this I can see So many are still waiting from November 23 and 26 (like us). What I don’t understand about these numbers is....are numbers not assigned according to when they receive our cases? For example why am i seeing some from November 19 with case numbers higher then mine? It makes me think when they receive our cases they are all mixed together and randomly given case numbers, not based on date it arrived but just what order it was selected from a pile. Well....over all I can see still many waiting in November. And if our case numbers are not given according to when it arrives to them...then that’s why some from November 14 are still waiting because their case number was higher then others from November 14. Overall I can see no one being touched near me...so we have definitely a long more time to wait. 154 days waiting is nothing 🤦🏽‍♀️😫. Ugh 

none of this really makes sense 🤦🏽‍♀️😛 not even the case numbers and when people’s cases were received. Even those are not in order 

Because one officer cannot receive 500 applications in one day and give out receipt numbers in sequential order. There are most likely numerous officers working on receiving applications from the same date. Each IO is probably given a pile to work on and then the case number is auto generated by computer and assigned to a particular case.

Ie MSC000000001 and MSC0000000002 might not be received by the same officer but they could be received on the same date.

Timeline
1 hour ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Because one officer cannot receive 500 applications in one day and give out receipt numbers in sequential order. There are most likely numerous officers working on receiving applications from the same date. Each IO is probably given a pile to work on and then the case number is auto generated by computer and assigned to a particular case.

Ie MSC000000001 and MSC0000000002 might not be received by the same officer but they could be received on the same date.

I see....so basically from what I can see around my case number is many in the same situation as us, nothing 😜. Well that’s good to know, more waiting 

Timeline
2 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

So when I scan 500 people before my case number, 49 have answers, 57 rejected, 13 RFE, and 381 are still waiting. What that means to me is our file is somewhere in a pile with maybe some of these case numbers and it’s definitely not our turn yet. Even if visa journey predicted our answer the beginning of April, end of March. I’m beginning to lean more to what visa journey predicted way back and that is middle of May for an answer. 😔 unless.....our pile someone wins the lottery and gets distributed next for one of the IO to work on it 😍🤪 THAT WOULD BE WONDERFUL!! 

Edited by TogoAfrica

2 minutes ago, TogoAfrica said:

So when I scan 500 people before my case number, 49 have answers, 57 rejected, 13 RFE, and 381 are still waiting. What that means to me is our file is somewhere in a pile with maybe some of these case numbers and it’s definitely not our turn yet. Even if visa journey predicted our answer the beginning of April, end of March. I’m beginning to lean more to what visa journey predicted way back and that is middle of May for an answer. 😔 unless.....our pile someone wins the lottery and gets distributed next for one of the IO to work on it 😍🤪 THAT WOULD BE WONDERFUL!! 

Well we dont really know how they pick from the pile but it's just not feasible to think that one IO would be inputting all the cases from one day as there are hundreds and hundreds.

1 hour ago, TogoAfrica said:

Yeah, our case was also received November 14th. I mean, although no one really knows when it'll come through, I've began to estimate more like mid-May, as well... but, realistically, I have no earthly idea. Ugh.

Edited by wakeuplittlesuzy

10.10.2017 - Engagement

12.05.2017 - (K1 Visa) Case was Received

12.06.2017 - NOA1

06.14.2018 - NOA2 (Approved)

07.02.2018 - NVC received

07.03.2018 - NVC case number assigned

07.24.2018 - Left NVC/In Transit (22 days at NVC)

08.08.2018 - Medical

08.22.2018 - Interview (Approved! The whole process took 259 days from start to finish.)

09.08.2018 - POE

10.20.2018 - Marriage

11.14.2018 - (AOS) Case was Received

11.18.2018 - (AOS) Fingerprint Fee was Received

07.24.2019 - "Case Ready for Interview to be Scheduled" (253 days)

07.31.2019 - Green Card interview letter received in the mail (7 days later)

08.29.2019 - Green Card interview (Approved!)

09.03.2019 - New Card Being Produced!

09.07.2019 - Green Card in Hand! (9 days after our interview)

06.23.2021 - Form I-751 Removal of Conditions, Case was Received

06.26.2021 - NOA

Timeline
10 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Well we dont really know how they pick from the pile but it's just not feasible to think that one IO would be inputting all the cases from one day as there are hundreds and hundreds.

🤣😛 I do realize there Is not just one agent. (This is why some get answers and others are still waiting) But I did think as the files came in the mail they were given a case number that day. So it confused me to see case numbers in order but day it arrived out of order. Seeing case numbers near me who turned it in November 14, but we are November 26. I just thought in my brain that when cases arrived they received numbers that day. Guess I thought staffing was larger to handle that 🤪. Lol don’t know what I was thinking 🤦🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

9 hours ago, wakeuplittlesuzy said:

Yeah, our case was also received November 14th. I mean, although no one really knows when it'll come through, I've began to estimate more like mid-May, as well... but, realistically, I have no earthly idea. Ugh.

Yep 🤦🏻‍♀️ No earthly idea 😂😞

Scanning just helps you see soooo many like you are just waiting. 😳🤦🏻‍♀️ My poor husband. My poor body (working way too many jobs trying to Make enough income).  Our poor bank account 😞. Truly didn’t realize how long he would not be able to work. We are ok with the green card taking forever. But not working is just crazy 😭. Why can they not work!!!!!!!????? He has a SSN (we applied for that soon after getting married).....it just says he can’t work yet until given permission. But why....why can’t he work. Why is this process so long. I understand why K1 takes time but this is crazy, immigrate to America, marry and then tell them ohhh by the way you can’t work for 5-7 months. Well that works if you are rich....but doesn’t work for us simple folks who just happen to fall in love with someone from another country. And it’s so much harder if the immigrant is the husband. It truly beats him inside not to be providing, even though I tell him he is (in love). We truly didn’t have a clue what falling in love with each other from different countries meant. But you can’t control love and I wouldn’t change loving him!! He is my best friend, never imagined I would one day marry him. 🥰 but watching and feeling his love and support is amazing!! He keeps me strong, even though this system is degrading and beats him up inside because he can’t provide. 

.....that’s my rant for the day 😞😒

On 4/25/2019 at 4:35 PM, Allaboutwaiting said:

We were desperate as well, especially when finding out people who filed in December and January had their interviews over a month ago. 

Our status changed to ready to be scheduled 5 months after filing and the website status changed to "Interview was scheduled" a week later. 

We don't have the actual notification yet, so we have no clue about the date of our interview, but based on what others have posted, the appointment could be in a month from now. 

So I bet you'll get scheduled in the following days, maybe even tomorrow! 

I'm certain our files were forgotten in a box until recently, as San Diego is one of the fastest offices, scheduling most interviews, three months after filing.

I know! We are just waiting and waiting! Good luck to you guys! I hope you guys get your interview date asap and that we get ours as well! Hoping San Diego will pull through! Lol! 😂

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
1 hour ago, TogoAfrica said:

🤣😛 I do realize there Is not just one agent. (This is why some get answers and others are still waiting) But I did think as the files came in the mail they were given a case number that day. So it confused me to see case numbers in order but day it arrived out of order. Seeing case numbers near me who turned it in November 14, but we are November 26. I just thought in my brain that when cases arrived they received numbers that day. Guess I thought staffing was larger to handle that 🤪. Lol don’t know what I was thinking 🤦🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

Yep 🤦🏻‍♀️ No earthly idea 😂😞

Scanning just helps you see soooo many like you are just waiting. 😳🤦🏻‍♀️ My poor husband. My poor body (working way too many jobs trying to Make enough income).  Our poor bank account 😞. Truly didn’t realize how long he would not be able to work. We are ok with the green card taking forever. But not working is just crazy 😭. Why can they not work!!!!!!!????? He has a SSN (we applied for that soon after getting married).....it just says he can’t work yet until given permission. But why....why can’t he work. Why is this process so long. I understand why K1 takes time but this is crazy, immigrate to America, marry and then tell them ohhh by the way you can’t work for 5-7 months. Well that works if you are rich....but doesn’t work for us simple folks who just happen to fall in love with someone from another country. And it’s so much harder if the immigrant is the husband. It truly beats him inside not to be providing, even though I tell him he is (in love). We truly didn’t have a clue what falling in love with each other from different countries meant. But you can’t control love and I wouldn’t change loving him!! He is my best friend, never imagined I would one day marry him. 🥰 but watching and feeling his love and support is amazing!! He keeps me strong, even though this system is degrading and beats him up inside because he can’t provide. 

.....that’s my rant for the day 😞😒

I don't know if the scanning ever made me feel better. Usually just worse. To be able to see just how many applications are pending....oh my god. It's unbelievable. And you're right, it makes no sense that the people who have already been checked into (for the purposes of a K1 visa) can come here and still be unable to work for 5-7 months. Absolutely ridiculous. Those thoughts cross my mind like 50x a day....but unfortunately this process isn't exactly logical :mellow:  

My parents have been planning a trip to Europe - my sister and I are joining them for a week (beginning of July). We thought "Oh, what a good chance to visit Belgium and meet XXX's family!" This was back in October, mind you, when combo cards were taking 3 months to process. Well it's going to be massively awkward if my family and I show up at my hubby's family's house without him. Especially considering I'm the only one who can speak their language (and poorly, at that). And obviously it's our own fault for making plans....but who would have thought this would end up taking sooooooooooo long?! :dead:

Edited by kanderson101

13 minutes ago, kanderson101 said:

My parents have been planning a trip to Europe - my sister and I are joining them for a week (beginning of July). We thought "Oh, what a good chance to visit Belgium and meet XXX's family!" This was back in October, mind you, when combo cards were taking 3 months to process. Well it's going to be massively awkward if my family and I show up at my hubby's family's house without him. Especially considering I'm the only one who can speak their language (and poorly, at that). And obviously it's our own fault for making plans....but who would have thought this would end up taking sooooooooooo long?! :dead:

We're in the same boat (without family meeting each other). We got invited to a July wedding in the UK back in, oh, probably September. Granted, we didn't file for AOS, EAD, and AP until the beginning of November, but its still more than 7 and a half months between the date we sent the paperwork and the date we had in mind to fly out. I'm willing to hold out 18 days before our intended departure date to buy flights, and find a rental car. 

Things have changed slightly since Matt's parents both are having health issues. If he's able to get one time AP we should be able to line it up so it does not interfere with our previous plans. I think we've determined that if we're not able to go, we're going to push out two week trip back and spend our first anniversary in the UK. Not ideal, but at least at that point there should be some sort of ability to leave the country. Unless I just jinxed us and we're doomed to never hear anything.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
9 minutes ago, rrobin0609 said:

We're in the same boat (without family meeting each other). We got invited to a July wedding in the UK back in, oh, probably September. Granted, we didn't file for AOS, EAD, and AP until the beginning of November, but its still more than 7 and a half months between the date we sent the paperwork and the date we had in mind to fly out. I'm willing to hold out 18 days before our intended departure date to buy flights, and find a rental car. 

Things have changed slightly since Matt's parents both are having health issues. If he's able to get one time AP we should be able to line it up so it does not interfere with our previous plans. I think we've determined that if we're not able to go, we're going to push out two week trip back and spend our first anniversary in the UK. Not ideal, but at least at that point there should be some sort of ability to leave the country. Unless I just jinxed us and we're doomed to never hear anything.

Oh noooooo :wacko: that's so stressful. I'm sorry you're having the same problem, it's frustrating. I keep wishing there was something (anything!) I could do to even get more info but obviously that's impossible. I hope it works out for you guys, it would be so sad to miss a wedding. UGH. even the best-laid plans, right? 

1 minute ago, kanderson101 said:

Oh noooooo :wacko: that's so stressful. I'm sorry you're having the same problem, it's frustrating. I keep wishing there was something (anything!) I could do to even get more info but obviously that's impossible. I hope it works out for you guys, it would be so sad to miss a wedding. UGH. even the best-laid plans, right? 

I hope it works out for you guys, too! I know that if my parents decided they wanted to meet Matt's and neither of us were there I'd find the nearest cliff to throw myself off of out of embarrassment and anxiety.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.