Umka36

Trump: End birthright citizenship for some US-born babies

180 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Maybe it is not meant to go anywhere?

By the way, what is an "unauthorized immigrant"?

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

8 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

Google helps....

https://www.dhs.gov/immigration-statistics/population-estimates/unauthorized-resident

Filed: Timeline
2 hours ago, Keith & Arileidi said:

Unauthorized immigrant vs. illegal immigrant.  Which sounds worse?  Why?  

Legal resident immigrant, never heard of an authorized resident immigrant.  Again... why?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
6 hours ago, Bill & Katya said:

Lovely fluffy cuddly migrant worker? 

Mar-15-2017 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago Lockbox

Mar-21-2017 - NOA1 Priority date & Case assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

Dec-15-2017 - NOA2 I-130 approved

Jan-08-2018 -  NVC received

Jan-17-2018 - Received DS-261 AOS bill

Jan-17-2018 - Paid DS-261 AOS bill & submit 

Jan-26-2018 - Received IV bill

Jan-27-2018 - Paid IV bill

Feb-10-2018 - Send IV package

Feb-13-2018 - Scan Date

Feb-27-2018 - NVC Case Complete

Mar-17-2018   Receive interview date for April, St Patrick's Day good day to be Irish

Apr-17-2018    Interview at Dublin Embassy 

Apr-17-2018    Interview completed now in AP pending submitting other paperwork

Apr-25-2018    Additional information provided as requested 

May-09-2018   Visa approved, CEAC status changed to "Issued"

May-11-2018   Passport returned along with envelope for border control. 

Sep-18-2018    Entry through US Precleance Dublin, no problems at all.

Aug-27-2021   N400 for citizenship based on 3 year rule filed electronically

Aug-27-2021   NOA1 application received

Oct-02-2021    Notification of biometrics date

Oct-26-2021    Biometrics 

Jul-27-2022     Interview Raleigh NC, passed and same day oath

8 hours ago, NikLR said:

Actually I totally agree with ending Jus Soli in both the USA and Canada.  I believe you should have at least 1 parent of that citizenship to acquire that citizenship and I agree with the current recommendations of having lived in the USA for at least 5 years, 2 of which are after the age of 14 (but personally I think it should be 18.) 

My wife and I completely agree with this. I talked with her about this today about what Trump wants to do and she has no problems with it at all. 

The economics of this change would have dire complications. Politically, it makes sense for this current administration. Long-term economic stability -- history shows younger people are needed.

Make your own conclusions using this link: https://www.census.gov/prod/2014pubs/p25-1140.pdf

An Aging Nation: The Older Population in the United States Population Estimates and Projections Current Population Reports
Issued May 2014 P25-1140
By Jennifer M. Ortman, Victoria A. Velkoff,  and Howard Hogan

"The U.S. population is projected to grow older over the next several decades. Much of this aging is due to the baby boom generation moving into the ranks of the 65 and over population. As the  U.S. population grows older, the racial and ethnic composition of the older population is also expected to change... Relative to other countries in the world, the United States is projected to have a larger older population than the other developed nations, but a smaller older population compared with China and India, the world’s two most populous nations...

These projections are based on the 2010 Census and may, therefore, contain nonsampling error due to potential enumeration errors such as differential undercoverage or overcoverage by demographic characteristics. Technical documentation for the 2010 Census is  available at <www.census.gov /prod/cen2010/doc/sf1.pdf>..."

Edited by lierre

“The fact that we are here and that I speak these words is an attempt to break that silence and bridge some
of those differences between us, for it is not difference which immobilizes us, but silence.
And there are so many silences to be broken.”

Audre Lorde

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
10 hours ago, Bill & Katya said:

Prospective Democrat.

1 hour ago, lierre said:

The economics of this change would have dire complications. Politically, it makes sense for this current administration. Long-term economic stability -- history shows younger people are needed.

Make your own conclusions using this link: https://www.census.gov/prod/2014pubs/p25-1140.pdf

An Aging Nation: The Older Population in the United States Population Estimates and Projections Current Population Reports
Issued May 2014 P25-1140
By Jennifer M. Ortman, Victoria A. Velkoff,  and Howard Hogan

"The U.S. population is projected to grow older over the next several decades. Much of this aging is due to the baby boom generation moving into the ranks of the 65 and over population. As the  U.S. population grows older, the racial and ethnic composition of the older population is also expected to change... Relative to other countries in the world, the United States is projected to have a larger older population than the other developed nations, but a smaller older population compared with China and India, the world’s two most populous nations...

These projections are based on the 2010 Census and may, therefore, contain nonsampling error due to potential enumeration errors such as differential undercoverage or overcoverage by demographic characteristics. Technical documentation for the 2010 Census is  available at <www.census.gov /prod/cen2010/doc/sf1.pdf>..."

An unsustainable ponzi scheme.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

10 hours ago, Umka36 said:

While I agree that we should modify the 14th Amendment, the EO won't get anywhere.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-end-birthright-citizenship-us-111625767.html

This would be the greatest thing to ever happen to the USA related to Immigration in the last 100 years.

This would do a lot to stop illegal aliens coming to the USA.  Many of them main goal is to come here to have a child born in the USA.

Hopefully this will make it to the Supreme Court and it gets made a law.

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

Filed: Timeline
1 hour ago, lierre said:

"The U.S. population is projected to grow older over the next several decades. Much of this aging is due to the baby boom generation moving into the ranks of the 65 and over population.

Younger people are (wait for it...) born every single day in the US. 

There were 3,853,472 births in the U.S. in 2017.  There were  2,712,630 deaths in 2015.  I think we’ll be fine.  We don’t need the birth rate to exceed the death rate by much to continue growing.

People get older every day.  Less teens are giving birth, which is a great thing.

Also...  http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2018/01/18/is-u-s-fertility-at-an-all-time-low-it-depends/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
5 hours ago, Chris Duffy said:

This would be the greatest thing to ever happen to the USA related to Immigration in the last 100 years.

This would do a lot to stop illegal aliens coming to the USA.  Many of them main goal is to come here to have a child born in the USA.

Hopefully this will make it to the Supreme Court and it gets made a law.

Immigrants do not come to US to have child. They come for multitude of reasons, economical being one of them. Those who are asylum seekers are not illegal btw. The recent trend is actually wealthy Chinese legal tourist who do come here specifically for the purpose of giving birth to American citizen child. They have no intentions of staying though, and stay within bounds of their tourist visas, returning back to China afterwards. If anything, it will be a hit to niche economy that now exist supporting these services. It cost about $20K for the duration of birthing stay. What is commonly referred as "illegal immigrants" while some, naturally, do end up giving birth on US soil, are generally not motivated by that concern. As matter of fact number of such incidents has been declining last 10 years. Also US citizen child is unable to sponsor parents until child is 21, so this is not a magical gateway for chain migration. 

FT_16.10.10_BirthsToUnauthorizedImmigrants2.png

This Executive Order is unconstitutional. This amendment can only be changed by an act of Congress.

Quite sad how discussion hasn’t examined the 14th Amendment in terms of how the courts have interpreted it. Let’s go to at least ten of the Supreme Court rulings, shall we?

https://constitutioncenter.org/blog/10-huge-supreme-court-cases-about-the-14th-amendment

Excerpts:

Brown v. Board of Education (17 May 1954) ―It is impossible to mention the victories of the Civil Rights Movement without pointing to Brown v. Board of Education. Following the Court’s ruling in 1896 of Plessy v. Ferguson, segregation of public schools based solely on race was allowed by states if the facilities were “equal.” Brown overturned that decision. Regardless of the “equality” of facilities, the Court ruled that separate is inherently unequal. Thus public school segregation based on race was found in violation of the 14th Amendment’s Equal Protection Clause”

Loving v. Virginia (12 Jun 1967) ―By 1967, 16 states had still not repealed their anti-miscegenation laws that forbid interracial marriages. Mildred and Richard Loving were residents of one such state, Virginia, who had fallen in love and wanted to get married. Under Virginia’s laws, however, Richard, a white man, could not marry Mildred, a woman of African-American and Native American descent. The two traveled to Washington D.C. where they could be married, but they were arrested under a state law that prohibited inter-racial marriage. Because their offense was a criminal conviction, after being found guilty, they were given a prison sentence of one year. The trial judge suspended the sentence for 25 years on the condition that the couple left Virginia. On Appeal, the Supreme Court of Appeals of Virginia ruled that the state had an interest in preserving the “racial integrity” of its constituents and that because the punishment applied equally to both races, the statute did not violate the Equal Protection Clause of the 14th Amendment. The United States Supreme Court in a unanimous decision reversed the Virginia Court’s ruling and held that the Equal Protection Clause required strict scrutiny to apply to all race-based classifications. Furthermore, the Court concluded that the law was rooted in invidious racial discrimination, making it impossible to satisfy a compelling government interest. The Loving decision still stands as a milestone in the Civil Rights Movement.”

Click the link for a fascinating quick read on the 14th Amendment through the centuries.

“The fact that we are here and that I speak these words is an attempt to break that silence and bridge some
of those differences between us, for it is not difference which immobilizes us, but silence.
And there are so many silences to be broken.”

Audre Lorde

3 hours ago, Shiran said:

Immigrants do not come to US to have child. They come for multitude of reasons, economical being one of them. Those who are asylum seekers are not illegal btw. The recent trend is actually wealthy Chinese legal tourist who do come here specifically for the purpose of giving birth to American citizen child. They have no intentions of staying though, and stay within bounds of their tourist visas, returning back to China afterwards. If anything, it will be a hit to niche economy that now exist supporting these services. It cost about $20K for the duration of birthing stay. What is commonly referred as "illegal immigrants" while some, naturally, do end up giving birth on US soil, are generally not motivated by that concern. As matter of fact number of such incidents has been declining last 10 years. Also US citizen child is unable to sponsor parents until child is 21, so this is not a magical gateway for chain migration. 

The come here and have many children and use them as anchor babies. 

You take that angle away and there is even less reason for them to come here, right now they get rewarded with coming here illegally with having a many anchor US Citizen children

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.