HAJARMorocco

Meeting girl from morocco but small issue:) parents think she is in it just for visa... [merged threads]

57 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
2 hours ago, HAJARMorocco said:

on my  last visit i never went and it fell apart..this other girl is new:)

she did tell me in regards to my question of she is just coming for visa, she told me she will promise on the koran that her relationship with me will be genuine and not using me for visa,.

careful there, people are willing to say anything you wanna hear just to convince you :D 

not to say that you should be suspicious of her but if you spot signs where you think the relationship might have not been genuine, that she looked desperate to get to the USA, then you are just a way to get a US visa.  

1 hour ago, Calicolom said:

If you can't find someone in the US like this girl (age, looks) you are not going to find someone in another country.

it depends on where one looks and preference. you cannot put a blanket ruling like it is a fact you know is true.

2 hours ago, Boiler said:

Really?

So how is this different to the last one?

the first one was a scam...only talked with her like a month...this one seems different...she even told me she will put her hands on the koran that she is not after greencard..she also told me i will meet her family...the best thing for me to do is go see her this saturday for 6 days and see what she is about...if i see she is genuine i will buy her a ring and we will be engaged and also meet her parents...i wont marry yet ofcourse not...

53 minutes ago, abum said:

careful there, people are willing to say anything you wanna hear just to convince you :D 

not to say that you should be suspicious of her but if you spot signs where you think the relationship might have not been genuine, that she looked desperate to get to the USA, then you are just a way to get a US visa.  

she even told me she will put her hands on the koran that she is not after greencard..she also told me i will meet her family...the best thing for me to do is go see her this saturday for 6 days and see what she is about...if i see she is genuine i will buy her a ring and we will be engaged and also meet her parents...i wont marry yet of course not..

Maybe she says she will swear on the Koran because she doesn’t really believe the Koran. Either way, enjoy  your trip and have fun!  You’ll know if there’s a chance with her when you meet her. Good luck!  

30 minutes ago, Diane and Chris said:

Maybe she says she will swear on the Koran because she doesn’t really believe the Koran. Either way, enjoy  your trip and have fun!  You’ll know if there’s a chance with her when you meet her. Good luck!  

yeah, ditto on this. 

Enjoy your trip and hope you will have a good time knowing her and her family.

7 hours ago, adil-rafa said:

i met someone on penpail site

not suppose to be dating

seemed well educated and very polite

and after a few months he asked me to come and meet him and marry

i said,  "oh,  i've seen photos of your country,   i would love to live there"

he had talked to me every day before this add suddenly not

a month later he said his family did not approve and he could not marry me

SURPRISE SURPRISE

inshallah i will go visit her and see what happens..if i see she feels genuine and i get to see her family then will get engaged...how is the engagement tradition there? she told me just a simple ring and some sweets so that everyone knows she is engaged...any ideas on marriage in morocco is it expensive ?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

You seem so rushed to bring her here ..take your time, there’s no rush. You’re basically two strangers, give it time and think with your head not heart. Good luck. 

MY JOURNEY INTO GETTING A FIRST-TIME GREEN CARD, RENEWING A GREEN CARD, AND OBTAINING U.S. CITIZENSHIP:

I-130: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2020/08/23/my-spouse-visa-process-and-timeline-ir1-cr1/ From Colombia 🇨🇴

I-751: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2020/09/12/i-751-joint-petition-to-remove-conditions-on-residence/From Japan 🇯🇵 (Military spouse overseas)

N-400: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2022/08/03/3430/ From Japan 🇯🇵 

BLOG:  https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/inmigr/   

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

I personally wouldn’t trust anyone I met online from certain countries, Morocco being one of them.   They portray themselves as bring religious and will play that up.  It’s just words and saying the right words is what they’re good at. They work romance sites (and others) as a full time job and know what to say as they coach each other .  I would bet my whole paycheck it’s a scam.    Is everyone terrible in that country? No.  But all the scammers work the web to meet Americans and lo and behold they’re in love instantly.  Always the same story and everyone thinks theirs  is different.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

6 days is not long enough to know ANYONE well enough to want to marry them

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

I will be visiting a girl soon who i have been talking with online daily for a long time now...i wanted to know if we decide to get engaged ...what is the process? after the engagement will we able to go out together freely with her family knowing or have to wait till marriage for that? any inputs will be much appreciated...

i dont want to spend too much $ on engagement or even marriage which both will be done in morocco as i will be applying for a spousal visa once the time is right...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.