Roel

Military spouses and trying to be above the law.

95 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
1 hour ago, geowrian said:

I'm certainly no fan of Trump, but this is ridiculous. Nobody is above the law. This was entirely on their own necks...they had a legal path available that they just ignored until they got caught.

I am ABSOLUTELY no fan of "evil, bad Trump" (Roel, 2018), but this time the fault is squarely on the decorated marine's shoulders not on "evil, bad Trump" (ibid). 

Egad! The man is a marine. A decorated marine! He is supposed to be the epitome of detailed organization, preciseness, perfection, you name it!!

He and he alone is to blame for his family being torn apart. And to imagine, it would have been smooth sailing as (I believe) military spouses have it easier  when AOSing.

No, no, no! They ought to leave the evil, bad one alone. He has his troubles lined up like bowling alley pins.

AOS, ROC, N-400, & PASSPORT, FOR HUSBAND TO USC

[02/23, 2012]  - DAY 001  (day 0001) (AOS) Mailed package to Chicago Lockbox via USPS overnight
[06/01, 2012]  - 
DAY 099  (day 0099) 2-year Conditional GC in hand
[05/05, 2014]  - DAY 001  (day 0802) (ROC) Mailed package to Vermont Service Center via USPS overnight

[05/14, 2014]  - DAY 009  (day 0811) Received NOA1 (GC Extended for 1 year)

[01/14, 2016]  - DAY 620  (day 1421) 10-year GC in hand

[02/22, 2017]  - DAY 001  (day 1826) (N-400) Mailed package to Lewisville, TX, via USPS overnight

[01/10, 2018]  - DAY 323  (day 2149) (N-400) Naturalization Oath Ceremony (5 years, 10 months, 19 days)

[01/10, 2018]  - DAY 001  (day 2149) (US Passport) Applied for US Passport, regular processing

01/25, 2018]  - DAY 015  (day 2164) (US Passport) Passport in hand (5 years, 11 months, 3 days from start of Journey.)

AOS, N-400, & PASSPORT FOR DAUGHTER [OF HUSBAND TO USC]

[06/14, 2013] - DAY 001 Mailed package to Chicago Lockbox via USPS overnight
[11/21, 2013] - Day 153 SSN and 10-year GC in hand

09/01, 2021]  - (day 3001) (US Passport) Passport in hand (8 years, 2 months, 18 days from start of Journey.)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Except the Lord build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the Lord keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain. Psalm 127:1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
1 hour ago, Roel said:

Best part of all that is her husband voted for Trump also. ♡ 

Yeah, I loved that part too, I TELL YOU! I loved it with some serious passion!

Ever heard of the saying "A donkey always says thank you with a kick"?

AOS, ROC, N-400, & PASSPORT, FOR HUSBAND TO USC

[02/23, 2012]  - DAY 001  (day 0001) (AOS) Mailed package to Chicago Lockbox via USPS overnight
[06/01, 2012]  - 
DAY 099  (day 0099) 2-year Conditional GC in hand
[05/05, 2014]  - DAY 001  (day 0802) (ROC) Mailed package to Vermont Service Center via USPS overnight

[05/14, 2014]  - DAY 009  (day 0811) Received NOA1 (GC Extended for 1 year)

[01/14, 2016]  - DAY 620  (day 1421) 10-year GC in hand

[02/22, 2017]  - DAY 001  (day 1826) (N-400) Mailed package to Lewisville, TX, via USPS overnight

[01/10, 2018]  - DAY 323  (day 2149) (N-400) Naturalization Oath Ceremony (5 years, 10 months, 19 days)

[01/10, 2018]  - DAY 001  (day 2149) (US Passport) Applied for US Passport, regular processing

01/25, 2018]  - DAY 015  (day 2164) (US Passport) Passport in hand (5 years, 11 months, 3 days from start of Journey.)

AOS, N-400, & PASSPORT FOR DAUGHTER [OF HUSBAND TO USC]

[06/14, 2013] - DAY 001 Mailed package to Chicago Lockbox via USPS overnight
[11/21, 2013] - Day 153 SSN and 10-year GC in hand

09/01, 2021]  - (day 3001) (US Passport) Passport in hand (8 years, 2 months, 18 days from start of Journey.)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Except the Lord build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the Lord keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain. Psalm 127:1

And after I posted my comment under the article, I've been called racist (?) And one person wrote that he wishes I get deported also. It's lovely. 

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline

Military service active duty or veterans have enough discounts and privileges I believe. I’m also military spouse and we do everything according to immigration law.

They can only blame themselves for being too lazy and overconfident  to bother with fixing her status after marriage. But the article is catchy bcs a lot of ppl can probably relate to this. And people love tearful stories, now they should try to settle gofundme for their immigration lawyer. Sad part is that the kids have to feel consequences of their parents wrong choice.

2 hours ago, Roel said:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/aug/02/military-family-separation-immigration-trump-mexico?CMP=fb_us

This pisses me so bad I had to vent. So here we have this tearful article about poor military spouse (entered US illegaly, never fixed status) who is being deported and suddenly everyone should feel sorry because her family is being torn apart and it should NEVER happen because her spouse is veteran... And of course everyone blaming Trump. 

I'm sorry??? Her husband never bothered to help her acquire legal status. They just lived like this until finally law caught up with then and they went crying to media about how unfair immigration are and there should be exceptions for military personnel.. 

Using the husband "job" as a reason to be above the law... So what's stopping spouses of police members or foreigners for claiming exceptions also? I mean, integrity of their families don't matter? Aren't they heroes also?

I've been following this story for a while and I'm really glad they didn't get away with it after all.  Being a military spouse, this kind of military entitlements is absolutely the worst. 

Basically until recently she claimed that "military spouses are untouchable" and couldn't be deported but evil, bad Trump changed the rules and suddenly she realized that she is indeed deportable. 

It pisses me off that thousands of other foreign military spouses do things the right way and we have this one who apparently decided that rules don't apply to her. 

/rant over 

Are you as pissed off when legal immigrants doing things the right way are treated like ####### and denied?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
1 hour ago, Roel said:

Yeah that "untouchable " part made me furious also. What also made me sad that after I commended on the article on Facebook I was immediately attacked for being insensitive.  Ummm. 

Best part of all that is her husband voted for Trump also. ♡ 

Haha yes like c’mon !!

it totally showed arrogance from her part, and now we should feel sorry for her because she’s special (according to her)? NAH-ah! 

And yes I often get called insensitive when I post stuff like this, I will never forget the time I’m still going through apart from my husband in order to follow the law, so they can all shut up and do things the right way! Ughh -sorry 😛 it’s just not fair or otherwise you’ll all see me on CNN tomorrow demanding to be in the US right away because my husband is an active US Navy military haha 😂 

I wish her the best though 😁

MY JOURNEY INTO GETTING A FIRST-TIME GREEN CARD, RENEWING A GREEN CARD, AND OBTAINING U.S. CITIZENSHIP:

I-130: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2020/08/23/my-spouse-visa-process-and-timeline-ir1-cr1/ From Colombia 🇨🇴

I-751: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2020/09/12/i-751-joint-petition-to-remove-conditions-on-residence/From Japan 🇯🇵 (Military spouse overseas)

N-400: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2022/08/03/3430/ From Japan 🇯🇵 

BLOG:  https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/inmigr/   

16 minutes ago, Roel said:

And after I posted my comment under the article, I've been called racist (?) And one person wrote that he wishes I get deported also. It's lovely. 

#######????🙄 Ignorant peeps. I love how some people just retort with comments that make no fkin sense. Someone needs to remind the ignorant ones you all came from somewhere else. And how does you commenting on an immigration post make you racist? I'll wait.

19 minutes ago, BlessedAssurance said:

Yeah, I loved that part too, I TELL YOU! I loved it with some serious passion!

Ever heard of the saying "A donkey always says thank you with a kick"?

I also cracked up when I read that. Hmmmmmm- no regerts????🤣

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline
28 minutes ago, Ron12345 said:

Are you as pissed off when legal immigrants doing things the right way are treated like ####### and denied?

Dude, this is VJ. Nearly all of us have some grudge against USCIS for something they f'd up. 

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

46 minutes ago, Roel said:

Oh for sure, that's the kind of post you get from people who haven't got a legitimate point. When they sink to ad hominem attacks you know you've won.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

51 minutes ago, Ron12345 said:

Who got denied doing things the right way? There must have been some ineligibility somewhere for them to be denied. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

3 hours ago, Roel said:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/aug/02/military-family-separation-immigration-trump-mexico?CMP=fb_us

This pisses me so bad I had to vent. So here we have this tearful article about poor military spouse (entered US illegaly, never fixed status) who is being deported and suddenly everyone should feel sorry because her family is being torn apart and it should NEVER happen because her spouse is veteran... And of course everyone blaming Trump. 

I'm sorry??? Her husband never bothered to help her acquire legal status. They just lived like this until finally law caught up with then and they went crying to media about how unfair immigration are and there should be exceptions for military personnel.. 

Using the husband "job" as a reason to be above the law... So what's stopping spouses of police members or foreigners for claiming exceptions also? I mean, integrity of their families don't matter? Aren't they heroes also?

I've been following this story for a while and I'm really glad they didn't get away with it after all.  Being a military spouse, this kind of military entitlements is absolutely the worst. 

Basically until recently she claimed that "military spouses are untouchable" and couldn't be deported but evil, bad Trump changed the rules and suddenly she realized that she is indeed deportable. 

It pisses me off that thousands of other foreign military spouses do things the right way and we have this one who apparently decided that rules don't apply to her. 

/rant over 

Wow, I agree with you 100%!!!  This makes me want to puke.  Liberal left wing nut cases.  So if you get away with something for a long enough period you should be excused?  And her husband is a louse that he never made her legal.  And lets all blame President Trump even though this was going on when Obama was in charge but it was okay then.  Let's all puke in unison, one two, three PUKE! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

This is how one person ruins it for everyone. 

Edited by Loren Y

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

3 hours ago, debbiedoo said:

I've seen several stories of people being deported where i think ' come on, cut them a little slack'. this is NOT one of them 😕

I disagree.  Anyone who is here illegally, whether they snuck in 20 years ago or not should be deported immediately.  Using the same logic:  If I robbed a bank 10 years ago and I didn't get caught until last week should my crime be excused?  Should I be cut "a little slack".  No, of course not.  Do the crime, do the time.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
18 minutes ago, David & Zoila said:

I disagree.  Anyone who is here illegally, whether they snuck in 20 years ago or not should be deported immediately.  Using the same logic:  If I robbed a bank 10 years ago and I didn't get caught until last week should my crime be excused?  Should I be cut "a little slack".  No, of course not.  Do the crime, do the time.

robbing the bank is not the same as being brought here as a CHILD, living for 40 years, being a business owner, having a family, and ZERO criminal history and being deported.

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
6 minutes ago, debbiedoo said:

robbing the bank is not the same as being brought here as a CHILD, living for 40 years, being a business owner, having a family, and ZERO criminal history and being deported.

If my parents robbed a bank for million when I was a child and I became accustomed to an affluent lifestyle should I be allowed to keep the money when I get caught after their death?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.