1,652 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Hadassah123 said:

Yeah same! I recently signed up with an interpreting company based in San Diego, also as an independent contractor. I've been checking my portal almost every day, but Dutch interpretation is not a big money maker.... haha. Spanish is way more common and required. Even regular jobs around here, so many that either require Spanish, or is preferred.

I actually have a job interview tomorrow! Had an introduction phone call with the company last week and they've invited me for an interview at their office. It's through a recruiting agency, but this agency is good! They have been contacting me so much since we connected, and sending out my resume to various of their clients, so I hope to get a job soon! If not the one tomorrow, then hopefully another one. 

@LizM  @apinchofstella @Mellamanlola; There are a bunch of government/tech/space companies around me. I've pretty much given up on those. Won't be able to get in without a security clearance. Some require you to already have one, some require you to be able to obtain one, which we can't get with EAD or GC. Oh well.... 🤷‍♀️ I'm South of downtown LA, so there are quite a bunch of jobs around here. Luckily I'm not in the middle of nowhere..... 

Good luck with your hunt 🍀👍🏽 cause is a drag! I forgot to mention the scammers!!! Idk if it’s as bad as nyc everywhere else but omgggggg be careful cause they’re out to get us! As of my last post, they FINALLY made me an offer from two places!!! Now time for me to go crazy trying to decide 😭😭😭😭 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Tomalley said:

I am just curious, what type of jobs you are applying for ? Because when I applied for jobs, usually they never asked me about my work permit or my work status.

For me, mostly admin jobs (EA/PA, Office Manager, Admin Assistant, Event Management, etc), but also interpretion things, and some other randoms. 

In my case, it's mostly recruiters that call me, I haven't been in touch with many companies directly (yet). The recruiters are the ones who ask, or who are confused. 

K1                                                                                            AoS                                                                                                                                 N-400

I-129F Received: 05-June-2017                                        AoS, EAD & AP Filed: 15-June-2018                                                                         N-400 Filed: 29-Sept-2020

NOA2: 09-January-2018                                                      NOA1 on all three: 27-June-2018                                                                             NOA1: 28-Sept-2020

NVC Received/Case #: 24-January-2018                         Biometrics: 20-July-2018                                                                                           Interview Date: 16-Feb-2021

Consulate Received: 02-February-2018                           Case Ready For Interview: 24-July-2018                                                                 Oath Ceremony: 18-Feb-2021

Interview: 13-March-2018                                                   EAD & AP Approvals: 18-October-2018                                                                   Expedited under section 319(b) - overseas military orders

VOH: 17-March-2018                                                           Interview Scheduled: 8-April-2019 / Rescheduled on 17-April-2019                  Biometrics re-used from AOS application. Skipped ROC

POE (LAX): 11-April-2018                                                    Interview Date: 28-April-2019 - APPROVED!

18 minutes ago, Hadassah123 said:

For me, mostly admin jobs (EA/PA, Office Manager, Admin Assistant, Event Management, etc), but also interpretion things, and some other randoms. 

In my case, it's mostly recruiters that call me, I haven't been in touch with many companies directly (yet). The recruiters are the ones who ask, or who are confused. 

Because when I applied jobs online, they would ask me in a form am I authorized to work in the US and will I need work visa in the future. Usually HR doesn’t  ask me anything about my work permit or green card. But sometimes they ask me how I come here in a very gentle way, I said I got married. 

Good luck on your job hunting! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Tomalley said:

Because when I applied jobs online, they would ask me in a form am I authorized to work in the US and will I need work visa in the future. Usually HR doesn’t  ask me anything about my work permit or green card. But sometimes they ask me how I come here in a very gentle way, I said I got married. 

Good luck on your job hunting! 

Yes, that's true! I have filled that out online plenty in those application forms. However, of all those online applications sent out, I never heard a word back, not even a decline email/message. For the recruiters that contact me, they find me through the various websites that I have my resume on. It's usually through call, which is when they get the chance to ask.

K1                                                                                            AoS                                                                                                                                 N-400

I-129F Received: 05-June-2017                                        AoS, EAD & AP Filed: 15-June-2018                                                                         N-400 Filed: 29-Sept-2020

NOA2: 09-January-2018                                                      NOA1 on all three: 27-June-2018                                                                             NOA1: 28-Sept-2020

NVC Received/Case #: 24-January-2018                         Biometrics: 20-July-2018                                                                                           Interview Date: 16-Feb-2021

Consulate Received: 02-February-2018                           Case Ready For Interview: 24-July-2018                                                                 Oath Ceremony: 18-Feb-2021

Interview: 13-March-2018                                                   EAD & AP Approvals: 18-October-2018                                                                   Expedited under section 319(b) - overseas military orders

VOH: 17-March-2018                                                           Interview Scheduled: 8-April-2019 / Rescheduled on 17-April-2019                  Biometrics re-used from AOS application. Skipped ROC

POE (LAX): 11-April-2018                                                    Interview Date: 28-April-2019 - APPROVED!

30 minutes ago, Hadassah123 said:

Yes, that's true! I have filled that out online plenty in those application forms. However, of all those online applications sent out, I never heard a word back, not even a decline email/message. For the recruiters that contact me, they find me through the various websites that I have my resume on. It's usually through call, which is when they get the chance to ask.

Now I understand. I guess the companies don’t want to hire people illegally. Hope everything works out in the new country!

Hi everybody,

Just curious what's your AOS status? 

Mine has no change since last July, and a couple of people I know they've already got their GC and they submitted their request in June./Jul. 2018 ish, and they live in NY/CA which I thought were slow processing states. Just curious how long it gonna take, it might be good if it takes the whole 2 years, so I could just skip the temporary GC, and get the final one (Save money and time😉) . I've already submitted my EAD/AP combo card renew package to USCIS in Feb. this year. 

Edited by Victorolas

I-485/765/131:

06/01/2018 - Sent AOS/EAD/AP through UPS, received NOA1 on 6/11. Received bio appointment on 6/15 and completed on scheduled date 6/29.

07/06/2018 - Submitted EAD expedite request with job offer, reason was financial loss. Received EAD/AP combo card on 08/04. AOS changed to 'Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview' on 7/24.

07/23/2019 - AOS interview was scheduled on 8/27. In the interview USCIS can't make decision because original K1 file got split up somewhere.

11/25/2019 - AOS got approved, received the actual card in mail on 12/2.

I-751:

09/05/2021 - Sent ROC through FedEx, delivered on 9/7, received message e-notification on 9/9 stated case was received, check is cashed on 9/10, NOA1 in mailbox on 9/13.

10/28/2021 - Fingerprints have been taken (Reuse).

01/17/2023 -  Case was transferred To Another Office

01/26/2023 - Case Was Approved

N-400:

08/28/2022 - Submitted N-400 online, NOA1 on 08/29/2022, with estimate time 10 months for decision. Biometrics is reused.

11/23/2022 - Interview was scheduled on 1/11/2023, it was a combo interview for I751/N400. Both cases were verbally approved. System hasn't been updated yet. 

01/26/2023 - Form N-400 recommended to be approved --> Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled

02/06/2023 -  Oath Ceremony Notice Was Mailed, Oath on 2/22

02/22/2023 - Oath Ceremony, applied passport the same day, with estimated receiving date in middle of May. ALL DONE!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
On 10/17/2018 at 7:08 PM, Alan&Alice said:

Hi everyone!

I'm a new member here and I've been reading this thread since the beginning and I finally decided to make an account and participate☺️

Congratulations to everyone who has gotten their EAD and had their interview! I can't believe some people have already gone through the waiting and can start applying for jobs... I'm so jealous! 😅

So my aos application was filed on june 8th and I got the noa1 on june 18th. The biometrics were on july 13th and just a few days ago my aos status changed to "ready to be scheduled for an interview" but who knows how many months it will take. It makes me happy to know that they've at least gone through the application and SOMETHING has happened!

I'm really frustrated with the EAD though. The visajourney timeline says I should get it within a week (around october 12th to 25th but it's already the 17th🙄). I find that unlikely😥 Just because I feel that it's taking longer that it should. I do not have a driver's license yet but I've started learning the theory in case I get the EAD soon😥 

Hi fellow ATLANTA filer , have you received any news ?

On 3/6/2019 at 11:54 AM, Victorolas said:

Hi everybody,

Just curious what's your AOS status? 

Mine has no change since last July, and a couple of people I know they've already got their GC and they submitted their request in June./Jul. 2018 ish, and they live in NY/CA which I thought were slow processing states. Just curious how long it gonna take, it might be good if it takes the whole 2 years, so I could just skip the temporary GC, and get the final one (Save money and time😉) . I've already submitted my EAD/AP combo card renew package to USCIS in Feb. this year. 

I haven't been super active lately, but over all I haven't seen a ton of June filers already called to interviews. I'm in NY and it is incredibly slow here, if you've already been scheduled for an interview and you applied last summer you're lucky. Estimated time range is 19 to 29 months. That means that 50% of cases are completed within the first 19 months, and 93% of cases are completed by 29 months. Shitty to say the least. Nothing to do about it though.

I don't know exactly where you are but in Salt Lake 93% of cases will be completed in 18 months, so if you're there then you're probably up for interview soon.

h

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

edit// woops wrong thread! :( sorry 

Got my interview scheduled for 4/22!!! 

Here's my timeline:

June 25 — Package delivered at Chicago Lock Box

July 3 — Got text and email notifications (late, around 9PM)

July 5 — Both cheques cashed

July 9 —  Received notice of acceptance receipt in the mail

July 16 — Received Biometrics request for July 24th, 8AM apt

July 25 — status for I-765 and I-485 changed to "Fingerprint Review Was Completed"

Sept 24 — EAD expedite requested

Sept 24 — Supporting documents for EAD expedite requested by USCIS

Oct 1 — Faxed in supporting documents for EAD expedite

Oct 11 — I-485 Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview

Oct 15 — EAD card in production

Mar 4 — Interview was scheduled

Mar 11 — Letter Received

Edited by ooogaboooga

Update: Had our interview 2 hours ago. 

It was really simple, maybe 10mins if even that. He just said he doesn't have much to ask us the state already did most of the work. 

Asked me what my husbands name is and his DOB. Asked me if I work. Asked my husband if he works. When and where we got married.. Asked to see our house deed and when the house was purchased. I was only recently added to the deed and he wanted to know and we explained the house was purchased by my husband before we were even engaged. Asked a bunch of legal questions like any criminal activity or immigration legal stuff like illegal entry stuff, the same stuff we fill out on the application then randomly asked what todays date is? lol I didn't know, we all laughed. He looked through our photos, immediately recognized my mum as my twin lol. Asked to see our joint accounts. Then we were done, literally less than 10 mintes. Then explained the 3 possible outcomes. Thanked us and walked us out. So apparently they have up to 3 months to make a decision. But he explained if I go back to New Zealand to visit I need to carry the green card with me when I return and not to lose my green card cause it's expensive to replace and spoke about me not enrolling to vote because it won't look good if I apply for citizenship later down the road. ( I took this as a good sign). So yeah they don't actually approve you at the interview and have to get a supervisor to sign it off first. So that sucks because more waiting but I'm working and have already integrated into society here so until my EAD expires I'm not too worried and it should be done by Novemeber. 

K1                                                                                                       AOS

20 March 2017: We got engaged!!                                             13 June 2018 - Sent AOS/EAD/AP

06 June 2017 - Sent I-129F                                                         15 June 2018 - USCIS signature received.

12 June 2017 - Case was received.                                           20 June 2018 - NOA1 for AOS/EAD/AP

14 June 2017 - NOA1                                                                   22 June 2018 - Cash checked

14 December 2017- NOA2                                                          23 June 2018 - Hardcopy i797 for AOS/EAD/AP

26 January 2018 - NVC Scan Date                                            17 July 2018 - Biometrics appt

29 January 2018 - NVC Number                                                24 July 2018 - Case ready to be scheduled for interview

07 February 2018  -Medical                                                        27 Sept 2018 - Call to request EAD expedite based on pending job offer/financial hardship

20 February 2018 -Interview: APPROVED!                               6 Oct 2018 - Letter in mail stating "Your case is currently under review"

21 February 2018- Visa Issued                                                  16 Nov 2018 - EAD Approved                                                                             

23 February 2018-Visa in hand                                                  24 Nov 2018 - EAD/AP received in mail

20 March 2018 -POE: Los Angeles                                            26 Nov 2018 - SSN mail received 

20 May 2018-Marriage                                                                06 Nov 2018 - Interview Scheduled

16 March 2019 - Interview 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi Everyone. So we had our interview today. 

We arrived a few few minutes early and the interviewer was punctual and polite. 

After going through the initial AOS application He asked us both questions and then asked for evidence of my eligibility:

I provided; car insurance, car ownership, home lease, medical insurance, joint bank account. 

Since arriving home.....

The app updated with New Card being produced 🙏🏻🥰

He mentioned it would be a 2 year conditional green card . Before 3 months is up on the green card I’d have to apply for the 10 year, however he mentioned they are currently taking up to 2 years for the 10 year and I would need to get a stamp to keep my green card valid until the 10 year came through.

Time Line

AOS, EAD, AP application May 30th 2018

NOA for all three June 8th 2018

EAD in hand November 25th 2018

Interview March 18th 2018

New Card being produce March 18th 2018

ABE0DC77-FF2D-4573-93B8-74E2B104E232.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.