1,652 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
56 minutes ago, Mellamanlola said:

Oh ok, I thought you said tou hadnt heard nothing bout i131 but if you got a combo card then that’s both i765+i131. The RFE pauses your case and resumes once everything is received and the ‘case ready to be scheduled’ means that you did send everything and you’re sitting in line for GC. Tbh I complained A LOT about how long my ead/ap took but theeeeeen I remembered the 2yr/10yr bit and calmed down because how wonderful it is to get this over with for one single fee👌🏽👌🏽👌🏽😁

Ah lol no I only got EAD not my AP, but if I apply to renew my EAD I will do AP as well. Last time Uscis messed up my I-765, they denied it stating I sent in an incorrect fee, but there was actually no fee at all and I sent out all 3 forms together (i-485, i-765, i-131). I was having a job at that time using EAD of my F-1 visa so I couldn't risk losing my job. I expedited and luckily I got approved within 1 and half month, got the actual card 2 weeks after the approval notice ;)

2 hours ago, sinyanmei92 said:

Ah lol no I only got EAD not my AP, but if I apply to renew my EAD I will do AP as well. Last time Uscis messed up my I-765, they denied it stating I sent in an incorrect fee, but there was actually no fee at all and I sent out all 3 forms together (i-485, i-765, i-131). I was having a job at that time using EAD of my F-1 visa so I couldn't risk losing my job. I expedited and luckily I got approved within 1 and half month, got the actual card 2 weeks after the approval notice ;)

I almost had a stroke when my card was supposed to be delivered and the post office said they lost it but then the card showed up and uff peace ✌🏽 since you’ve been waiting for so long I’m sure you’ll be next in line and this nightmare (that no one tells you about) will soon be over for you🤞🏽🤞🏽🤞🏽

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Mellamanlola said:

I almost had a stroke when my card was supposed to be delivered and the post office said they lost it but then the card showed up and uff peace ✌🏽 since you’ve been waiting for so long I’m sure you’ll be next in line and this nightmare (that no one tells you about) will soon be over for you🤞🏽🤞🏽🤞🏽

I'm sure if I were you, I would feel the same since it would take forever for them to give out a replacement card. Your office is in NY so it might take longer than other places? I saw some people from Detroit got their interview after 3-4 months, I'm jealous lol 

Guys!!! I have a question for any of you that have traveled internationally on youe EAD/AP, when you come back to the states, what line do we belong in for customs 🤔 do we do the non citizen line or lpr line 🤔🤔🤔 i mean i know we’re not lprs yet but what are 🤣please help I’m super nervous!!

6 minutes ago, sinyanmei92 said:

I'm sure if I were you, I would feel the same since it would take forever for them to give out a replacement card. Your office is in NY so it might take longer than other places? I saw some people from Detroit got their interview after 3-4 months, I'm jealous lol 

Here in NY is by borough, I’m in BK and of course we have the longest wait time of them all🙄 19.5-36.5 wait 👏🏽 but I’m ok with waiting for my 10 yr GC 🤣 🤞🏽🤞🏽🤞🏽

Timeline
1 minute ago, Mellamanlola said:

Here in NY is by borough, I’m in BK and of course we have the longest wait time of them all🙄 19.5-36.5 wait 👏🏽 but I’m ok with waiting for my 10 yr GC 🤣 🤞🏽🤞🏽🤞🏽

OMG, mine is 9.5-13.5 months. Well, I won't complain anymore then lol.

Btw when you land, you can ask the officer over there and they will tell you where to go, if you travel with your USC you should be able to stand in the USC line

9 minutes ago, sinyanmei92 said:

OMG, mine is 9.5-13.5 months. Well, I won't complain anymore then lol.

Btw when you land, you can ask the officer over there and they will tell you where to go, if you travel with your USC you should be able to stand in the USC line

Wow 9.5-13.5!!! That’s not bad! Just deduct however long you’ve waited since you received your noa  (after rfe) and calculate your wait time from there! And THANK YOU for the advice, i had no idea what to do!!! 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Mellamanlola said:

Wow 9.5-13.5!!! That’s not bad! Just deduct however long you’ve waited since you received your noa  (after rfe) and calculate your wait time from there! And THANK YOU for the advice, i had no idea what to do!!! 

then I just waited for 2 days lollll too bad, not the time for me

8 hours ago, apinchofstella said:

This wait is a pain in the A$$ 😒

As of July 25 my case is ready to be scheduled for an interview. 251 days so far!

So frustrating 😤

At least I got the EAD/AP card... but job hunt is also very slow! Everybody is just taking their sweet time.

Mine was ready for interview since July 24th and I already have a date,  so only a day before yours and I am in the 2nd busiest office in the country so hopefully you get a date soon. Goodluck on the job hunt! I have found the best way to get a job here is to network! Meet people, be active on Linkedin. I made friends with my husbands manager 3 months before I got my EAD and when it came through I started work for them the same week. I recently switched to a different job that paid a bit more in a field I want to work in and I got that job through networking too, I am part of a community group here in our area and it just so happened that one of the members is a manager at a big international company and got me a interview, interview went well and I was offered the position. Network, network,network!! I am a whole lot less active on instagram than I used to be but when I do go I always go check your guys profile to see if anything exciting has happened for you two. Keep your head up girl, you got this! 

K1                                                                                                       AOS

20 March 2017: We got engaged!!                                             13 June 2018 - Sent AOS/EAD/AP

06 June 2017 - Sent I-129F                                                         15 June 2018 - USCIS signature received.

12 June 2017 - Case was received.                                           20 June 2018 - NOA1 for AOS/EAD/AP

14 June 2017 - NOA1                                                                   22 June 2018 - Cash checked

14 December 2017- NOA2                                                          23 June 2018 - Hardcopy i797 for AOS/EAD/AP

26 January 2018 - NVC Scan Date                                            17 July 2018 - Biometrics appt

29 January 2018 - NVC Number                                                24 July 2018 - Case ready to be scheduled for interview

07 February 2018  -Medical                                                        27 Sept 2018 - Call to request EAD expedite based on pending job offer/financial hardship

20 February 2018 -Interview: APPROVED!                               6 Oct 2018 - Letter in mail stating "Your case is currently under review"

21 February 2018- Visa Issued                                                  16 Nov 2018 - EAD Approved                                                                             

23 February 2018-Visa in hand                                                  24 Nov 2018 - EAD/AP received in mail

20 March 2018 -POE: Los Angeles                                            26 Nov 2018 - SSN mail received 

20 May 2018-Marriage                                                                06 Nov 2018 - Interview Scheduled

16 March 2019 - Interview 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Our AOS changed back to interview ready to be scheduled as of February 12th. I feel like we had a date and lost it which sucks hard since we have no EAD. We are waiting on the Congressman's office now. Unfortunately a lawyer isn't an option anymore. We can't justify the expense.

I-129F Sent: July 5th 2017  

I-129F NOA2: January 19th 2018

Interview date: March 8th 2018 - Result is APPROVED!!! 

POE USA: April 23rd 2018

Marriage: May 18th 2018

AOS NOA1: May 30th 2018

AOS Biometrics: June 21st 2018

EAD Received Date: June 07 2018

EAD NOA1: June 13th 2018

EAD Biometrics: July 6th 2018

Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview as of October 11th 2018

2 hours ago, Kat&Joel said:

Our AOS changed back to interview ready to be scheduled as of February 12th. I feel like we had a date and lost it which sucks hard since we have no EAD. We are waiting on the Congressman's office now. Unfortunately a lawyer isn't an option anymore. We can't justify the expense.

Try your local legal aid service. You might get free laywer to help you! Call the senator. 

Timeline
12 hours ago, Kat&Joel said:

Did you try to place an expedite request? If you did they might answer you really quickly. I got the email answered me right on the same day about my expedite request. They said my case was ready to be scheduled so they can't expedite it (my status was "finger print was completed" or sth)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

As of February 1st we’ve been scheduled for an interview. 

Our interview is set for March 18th 

we anticipated a wait of 11-24 months but it’s only been 7.5 months and we’ve been scheduled already 🤗

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Anyone else in Los Angeles just watching the average time to interview move forward day after day?! I didn't think this would be as hard, but my god I want to travel back home to visit my family.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
On 2/14/2019 at 6:11 AM, apinchofstella said:

This wait is a pain in the A$$ 😒

As of July 25 my case is ready to be scheduled for an interview. 251 days so far!

So frustrating 😤

At least I got the EAD/AP card... but job hunt is also very slow! Everybody is just taking their sweet time.

Yup! Seems like we have a similar time line. 

Mine has been ready for interview since July 24th, got my EAD end of October.    

And same same to the job hunt. I find it a lot harder and more flaky than in the Netherlands 😔

K1                                                                                            AoS                                                                                                                                 N-400

I-129F Received: 05-June-2017                                        AoS, EAD & AP Filed: 15-June-2018                                                                         N-400 Filed: 29-Sept-2020

NOA2: 09-January-2018                                                      NOA1 on all three: 27-June-2018                                                                             NOA1: 28-Sept-2020

NVC Received/Case #: 24-January-2018                         Biometrics: 20-July-2018                                                                                           Interview Date: 16-Feb-2021

Consulate Received: 02-February-2018                           Case Ready For Interview: 24-July-2018                                                                 Oath Ceremony: 18-Feb-2021

Interview: 13-March-2018                                                   EAD & AP Approvals: 18-October-2018                                                                   Expedited under section 319(b) - overseas military orders

VOH: 17-March-2018                                                           Interview Scheduled: 8-April-2019 / Rescheduled on 17-April-2019                  Biometrics re-used from AOS application. Skipped ROC

POE (LAX): 11-April-2018                                                    Interview Date: 28-April-2019 - APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.