John951

APRIL 2018 I-129F FILERS

2,858 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
25 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

There are two ways to have your email added so you are updated when your record is "touched" which allows you to stay off the phone.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html

1. The form requests a date, in the format "dd/Month/yyyy", which I assumed was "DD/MM/YYYY", eg. 28/08/1965.  What it's actually asking for is 28/August/1965, which you will see if you use the little calendar that pops up.

2. Add this information where needed

Email address: NVCINQUIRY@state.gov

Subject: Your receipt #

Body: Petitioner's Complete Name Birthday ; Beneficiary's Complete Name Birthday

Thank You!

04/17/18 - Sent I-129F Package to Texas Lockbox

04/19/18 - USCIS received package

04/24/18 - Notification of NOA1 (Text and Email)

04/24/18-   Check cashed

04/28/18 - Hard copy of NOA1

10/19/18 - NOA2

11/13/18 - Case at NVC

11/20/18   Case # Received

11/30/18 - Embassy Received Case

11/30/18 - Medical Appointment

12/10/18 - Interview Appointment

APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

12/17/18 - Visa in Hand

12/19/18 - POE to USA

02/08/19- Wedding date  

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
21 hours ago, E & J 2018 said:

I just received the RFE in the mail.

I guess the document we submitted for her divorce was not a legal document and the RFE  is for,   Proof of legal termination of marriage. 

She will have it tomorrow and I will send it off by Federal Express . 

We believe these are the pages they want. My divorce document was 23 pages, but hers is only two pages. I will use a professional translation service with a certification. They provided me with a quote for $207.50 for this service. I don't know if this quote is fair or not, but I want this done correctly. Please, if there are any other Brazilian beneficiaries that can look at this and let me know if this is what they are looking for. The RFE is for Proof of legal termination of marriage.  The document we originally submitted was not the correct, legal document.

Page 1.pdf

Page 2.pdf

Timeline
21 minutes ago, E & J 2018 said:

We believe these are the pages they want. My divorce document was 23 pages, but hers is only two pages. I will use a professional translation service with a certification. They provided me with a quote for $207.50 for this service. I don't know if this quote is fair or not, but I want this done correctly. Please, if there are any other Brazilian beneficiaries that can look at this and let me know if this is what they are looking for. The RFE is for Proof of legal termination of marriage.  The document we originally submitted was not the correct, legal document.

Page 1.pdf

Page 2.pdf

You will want to get the notarized copy at your beneficiary's cartorio (city hall). It should be what they sometimes call a segunda via (copy), and should have  a seal and signature from the authority at that cartorio. Brazil will often amend the marriage certificate with any subsequent divorce(s). So, your beneficiary should ask for that document, and should have the seal/stamp and a signature placed on it. Once you've done that, the translation can be done. That's the official document they are wanting, I'd bet. This may help: 

Timeline
21 minutes ago, Galaxia said:

You will want to get the notarized copy at your beneficiary's cartorio (city hall). It should be what they sometimes call a segunda via (copy), and should have  a seal and signature from the authority at that cartorio. Brazil will often amend the marriage certificate with any subsequent divorce(s). So, your beneficiary should ask for that document, and should have the seal/stamp and a signature placed on it. Once you've done that, the translation can be done. That's the official document they are wanting, I'd bet. This may help: 

Obrigado!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
12 hours ago, J Smith said:

Why have there been so few approvals this week?😔

FWIW, actually having few approvals this week, a somewhat lower percentage of this week's approvals being active VJ members, and a somewhat higher percentage of this week's approvals being 'silent' (aka people will only see them when they get their print NOA2 in the next week or two but they'll have approval dates from this week) would all look the same to us this week.

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Question: My fiance is providing a letter of intent to marry for our RFE and at the bottom it requires a witness signature? 

Can that be signed by anyone or does it have to be notarized? 

Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I got my NOA April 12th and I got worried as well so I call them and the said on the 19th they RFE I called the 22nd I got the notice on the 25th so you can call and see what's up they might have news good luck 

48 minutes ago, Lovers4life said:

I got my NOA April 12th and I got worried as well so I call them and the said on the 19th they RFE I called the 22nd I got the notice on the 25th so you can call and see what's up they might have news good luck 

so, @Lovers4life you're saying you called on the 25th to USICS to followup and they said you got RFE?

Little confused with your reply... NOA on April 12th and NOA2 on 25th October?

1 hour ago, john vaprezsan said:

Question: My fiance is providing a letter of intent to marry for our RFE and at the bottom it requires a witness signature? 

Can that be signed by anyone or does it have to be notarized? 

Thanks

To be safe, I would have it notarized. Could save you from having problems down the road.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
10 hours ago, AlexandraEnr said:

Oh my god, we are approved!!!! Just checked the new web site, it says we have been approved on October 25th. I cant believe it😅😅😅😅😲 Noa1 April 18th old, 20th new. 

Congrats!

I have a question guys.  It has been 261 days since we filed and 38 days since they received our RFE response and we have to wait 60 days after they received our response before we inquire.  My question is if we waited the 60 days and submitted an inquiry will they tell us to wait 45 days or what?. I know it seems a silly question but I mean if we already waited this long is there more waiting?!

1 hour ago, zahraa said:

I have a question guys.  It has been 261 days since we filed and 38 days since they received our RFE response and we have to wait 60 days after they received our response before we inquire.  My question is if we waited the 60 days and submitted an inquiry will they tell us to wait 45 days or what?. I know it seems a silly question but I mean if we already waited this long is there more waiting?!

There isn't anyone that knows the answer to your questions. It will be done when it's done. I know you don't want to hear what I am saying but it's what I see day in and day out over many years of answering questions. They publish that they have up to 12 weeks to reply to an RFE. Sometimes it sooner and sometimes it's longer. 

The USCIS has issued a Ruling, effective April 17, 2007, that gives adjudicators flexibility in determining the length of time a petitioner or applicant has to respond to a Request for Evidence (RFE) or a Notice of Intent to Deny (NOID). Currently, the standard deadline for response to an RFE is twelve weeks (84 days). NOIDs must be responded to within thirty days. Under this regulation, the USCIS will determine how much time should be permitted in any given case, with maximum possible time being what is now the standard response deadline. That is, adjudicators will set deadlines for both RFEs and NOIDs that could be up to twelve weeks in case of RFEs or up to thirty days for NOIDs. No extensions of time are permitted.

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Outreach/Feedback Opportunities/Interim Guidance for Comment/change-timeframes-rfe.pdf

Processing of your Form I-129F. will resume upon receipt of your response.  If you have not heard from USCIS within 60 days of responding, you may contact the USCIS Contact Center (UCC) at 1-800-375-5283.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

5 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

There isn't anyone that knows the answer to your questions. It will be done when it's done. I know you don't want to hear what I am saying but it's what I see day in and day out over many years of answering questions. They publish that they have up to 12 weeks to reply to an RFE. Sometimes it sooner and sometimes it's longer. 

The USCIS has issued a Ruling, effective April 17, 2007, that gives adjudicators flexibility in determining the length of time a petitioner or applicant has to respond to a Request for Evidence (RFE) or a Notice of Intent to Deny (NOID). Currently, the standard deadline for response to an RFE is twelve weeks (84 days). NOIDs must be responded to within thirty days. Under this regulation, the USCIS will determine how much time should be permitted in any given case, with maximum possible time being what is now the standard response deadline. That is, adjudicators will set deadlines for both RFEs and NOIDs that could be up to twelve weeks in case of RFEs or up to thirty days for NOIDs. No extensions of time are permitted.

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Outreach/Feedback Opportunities/Interim Guidance for Comment/change-timeframes-rfe.pdf

Processing of your Form I-129F. will resume upon receipt of your response.  If you have not heard from USCIS within 60 days of responding, you may contact the USCIS Contact Center (UCC) at 1-800-375-5283.

You just don't know how much I appreciate your time you giving to us. I didn't tag you because I didn't want to bother you, not because I don't want to listen to you also it seems I am too slow or I don't want to understand the truth (waiting) because is getting harder. My last question in this topic (I promise). You said 12 weeks. Doe it begin when they sent out the RFE or when they received our response?.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.