TBoneTX

June 2017 I-129F Filers, Part IV

2,070 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
On 10/29/2018 at 5:12 PM, Xula said:

Hi community! We got our 'Initial Request for Evidence' 4 months after filing for AOS, EAD and AP. Apparently we missed a tax document..We now sent the latest tax info for 2017 AND 2016. We included every page (20 pages per year) so should be ok now..

2 questions:

• Will a RFE that was meant for my AOS affect when I'll receive my EAD?
  • If so, does anyone have an idea how long it will approx. take for them to send me my EAD from this moment on? I read on some forums that this will 'restart' the clock! Other forums says it will pick up where it left off.

Let me know.. Thanks. Fleur

I've seen various posts on this in the thread below, but am not sure what the gist of the messages were anymore. Either search there, or just post your question there and I'm sure someone will know the answer :) 

K1                                                                                            AoS                                                                                                                                 N-400

I-129F Received: 05-June-2017                                        AoS, EAD & AP Filed: 15-June-2018                                                                         N-400 Filed: 29-Sept-2020

NOA2: 09-January-2018                                                      NOA1 on all three: 27-June-2018                                                                             NOA1: 28-Sept-2020

NVC Received/Case #: 24-January-2018                         Biometrics: 20-July-2018                                                                                           Interview Date: 16-Feb-2021

Consulate Received: 02-February-2018                           Case Ready For Interview: 24-July-2018                                                                 Oath Ceremony: 18-Feb-2021

Interview: 13-March-2018                                                   EAD & AP Approvals: 18-October-2018                                                                   Expedited under section 319(b) - overseas military orders

VOH: 17-March-2018                                                           Interview Scheduled: 8-April-2019 / Rescheduled on 17-April-2019                  Biometrics re-used from AOS application. Skipped ROC

POE (LAX): 11-April-2018                                                    Interview Date: 28-April-2019 - APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 10/27/2018 at 3:47 PM, George & Roth said:

Our second will be joining the family in late February! 👶🍼 

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

No News about AOS, filed April 6 2018 and been "ready for interview" for a while.  Unlike the i-129f I have no intentions to write the President about this one.  💋

Congrats!! Our case finally made its way to the embassy...can’t believe how far behind we are! Better late than never 😊

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

@KBA just looked at your timeline and saw you guys are making progress! I´m so happy for you!

All the best for your interview! What a journey...!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, MaSi said:

@KBA just looked at your timeline and saw you guys are making progress! I´m so happy for you!

All the best for your interview! What a journey...!

Yes finally!!! Next step is medical and interview...anticipating POE end of January or early February 

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline
21 hours ago, KBA said:

To anyone who still checks in with this group, interview is scheduled for 1/16!! We are finally getting to the end of this long process...can’t believe we started this in 2017 and will finally be finishing it in 2019!! 🎉

Let us know how the interview goes, make sure you check the reviews here as they have info on what to expect in Canada 

https://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Canada&cty=&dfilter=5

I'm still here checking in the AOS-hole forums since we are in that new waiting game. Soon you will be part of that new waiting game with us, but at least you can wait together with your love for that one!

AjIr9Cp.jpgVBcIOnI.giftCxpVPB.gif19B8PJM.gifWJvjtpL.gifv0iSLWp.gif

2079070924_Webp.net-resizeimage(3).png.40aa360e06b2e929a52d4af17362bc4a.png

jDSUBz2.gif

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/1/2018 at 10:50 AM, KBA said:

To anyone who still checks in with this group, interview is scheduled for 1/16!! We are finally getting to the end of this long process...can’t believe we started this in 2017 and will finally be finishing it in 2019!! 🎉

Congratulations hope all goes well.

June 9th NOA1          December 15th NOA2      January 18th NVC Received

January 29th NVC Number     January 31 NVC left    Feb 5th Embassy Received

Feb 9th Filed DS-160 and scheduled interview      March 21st Medical 😭   March 27 second medical 

April 02 medical results   Interview: Grandmother's Birthday. :)  Arrival of Fiancee: 04/13/2018

Wedding Date: 5/27/2018  AOS sent: 6/02/2018 Bio-meterics 8/17/2018  Approved 2 year Green Card: 10/10/2018 Notice of Action 10/15/2018

2 Year conditional Green Card 10/17/2018  Now living our life keeping in mind to fill paperwork for 10 year card 7/20/2020.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I know it has been a while, but life has been so busy! Just wanted to give a quick update :).

Hubby received his EAD and AP the first week of October and started working full time. This was such a blessing because living on one income is super hard! 

He received his interview letter in November. He was scheduled for AoS interview Dec 21 and was approved! 

He received his GC on Dec 31.

We are officially done with the government....for now ;). 

Continued best wishes to all!

05.31.17--Mailed I-129 F

06.06.17--NOA

09.22.17--CFO Seminar
12.23.17--NOA 2

01.24.18--NVC Received/Case Number Assigned

01.29.18-01.30.18--Medical--PASSED!

01.30.18--NVC "in transit"

01.31.18--Cased received by USEM

02.05.18--Interview--PASSED!

02.09.18--VOH

02.27.18--POE

03.07.18--SSN 

04.14.18--Wedding day ❤️

05.09.18--Mailed AoS Packet 

05.14.18--AoS Packet Received 

06.07.18--Biometrics

10.04.18--EAD/AP Received

12.21.18--AoS Interview (APPROVED)

12.31.18--Green Card in Hand ❤️ 

"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change." James 1:17 ESV

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

It's so nice to come back here and see the progress everyone has been making. Crazy to think we all started this journey close to the same time as one another, way back in 2017! And how far so many have come by now, 2019!

Paul got his green card back in September (we were definitely not expecting it to be so fast, but we were luckily prepared in time!) Our delayed traditional wedding was in October, so his family could visit, and it was so lovely having both families together for the first time.

He is still looking for work here and studying/preparing for DMV tests. (Unfortunately he has to do all testing over again, since Sweden isn't a country with reciprocity with the state of SC :( ). We have been fine as is, transportation wise, but I know it will just add much convenience to get this out of the way, if for nothing else, in case of emergencies.

I hope all my June '17 family is still doing well! <3

Håll ut, y'all.

K1 Process                                                                                AOS Process

July 2015 - met online thanks to Zak Bagans                                                            May 25, 2018 - South Carolina marriage license issued

June 2016 - first in-person meeting                                                                             May 26, 2018 - legally married

August 2016 - stateside visit                                                                                        June 7, 2018 - applied for Social Security Number [manual verification required]

February-April 2017 - stateside visit                                                                           June 18, 2018 - SSN/card received in the mail

April 4, 2017 - got engaged                                                                                          June 30, 2018 - submitted I-485 (AOS)/I-765 (EAD)/I-131 (AP) together

June 5, 2017 - submitted I129F                                                                                   July 9, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP electronic NOA1 received

June 12, 2017 - received NOA1                                                                                   July 13, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP hard copy NOA1 received (dated July 6, 2018)

December 1, 2017 - received NOA2                                                                            July 25, 2018 - Biometrics appointment (Charlotte, NC)

January 17, 2018 - NVC received case                                                                      August 1, 2018 - case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

January 18, 2018 - received NVC case number by phone                                      August 11, 2018 - case status updated to "I-485 Interview Scheduled"

January 24, 2018 - packet received via email                                                           August 16, 2018 - AOS Interview Scheduled letter received

February 15, 2018 - medical appointment                                                                 August 28, 2018 - visited civil surgeon (Winston-Salem, NC) to complete I-693

February-March 2018 - trip to Gothenburg                                                                                                [beneficiary had to get one remaining vaccination stateside]

February 22, 2018 - interview at the US Embassy in Stockholm                            September 18, 2018 - I-485/AOS Interview in Greer, SC

[passed, pending receipt of medical papers]                           September 18, 2018 - case status updated to "Card Has Been Issued/Mailed"

February 27, 2018 - medical papers received by Embassy                                     September 25, 2018 - Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2018 - visa received in the mail with passport                                          October 6, 2018 - traditional wedding with family & friends

May 16, 2018 - POE in Charlotte, NC

Up next.... Removal of Conditions!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
26 minutes ago, KBA said:

After more than a year and a half of waiting my fiancé has finally been approved!! 🎉🎉🎉

Thank you to everyone for their help and encouragement along the way...there were days I seriously doubted this would ever happen! 😊

Jumping for joy for you!!!!! You have been one of those with quite the long road, and I can only imagine the difficulty its yielded. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Håll ut, y'all.

K1 Process                                                                                AOS Process

July 2015 - met online thanks to Zak Bagans                                                            May 25, 2018 - South Carolina marriage license issued

June 2016 - first in-person meeting                                                                             May 26, 2018 - legally married

August 2016 - stateside visit                                                                                        June 7, 2018 - applied for Social Security Number [manual verification required]

February-April 2017 - stateside visit                                                                           June 18, 2018 - SSN/card received in the mail

April 4, 2017 - got engaged                                                                                          June 30, 2018 - submitted I-485 (AOS)/I-765 (EAD)/I-131 (AP) together

June 5, 2017 - submitted I129F                                                                                   July 9, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP electronic NOA1 received

June 12, 2017 - received NOA1                                                                                   July 13, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP hard copy NOA1 received (dated July 6, 2018)

December 1, 2017 - received NOA2                                                                            July 25, 2018 - Biometrics appointment (Charlotte, NC)

January 17, 2018 - NVC received case                                                                      August 1, 2018 - case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

January 18, 2018 - received NVC case number by phone                                      August 11, 2018 - case status updated to "I-485 Interview Scheduled"

January 24, 2018 - packet received via email                                                           August 16, 2018 - AOS Interview Scheduled letter received

February 15, 2018 - medical appointment                                                                 August 28, 2018 - visited civil surgeon (Winston-Salem, NC) to complete I-693

February-March 2018 - trip to Gothenburg                                                                                                [beneficiary had to get one remaining vaccination stateside]

February 22, 2018 - interview at the US Embassy in Stockholm                            September 18, 2018 - I-485/AOS Interview in Greer, SC

[passed, pending receipt of medical papers]                           September 18, 2018 - case status updated to "Card Has Been Issued/Mailed"

February 27, 2018 - medical papers received by Embassy                                     September 25, 2018 - Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2018 - visa received in the mail with passport                                          October 6, 2018 - traditional wedding with family & friends

May 16, 2018 - POE in Charlotte, NC

Up next.... Removal of Conditions!

31 minutes ago, KBA said:

After more than a year and a half of waiting my fiancé has finally been approved!! 🎉🎉🎉

Thank you to everyone for their help and encouragement along the way...there were days I seriously doubted this would ever happen! 😊

Congratulations. Your road has been filled with twists and turns that very few have traveled but you have shown the way. Your experience will be shared I am sure to those who also face difficult times. All the best to the two of you. :thumbs:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Congratulations, @KBA!!! This is awesome news!!! All you lucky people with your great news and such. It's lovely to read. 💜

It's been really tough and $h!t for me, if I'm honest. Had a great couple of months and then he's turned into some kind of control freak who is hell bent on blaming everything on me. I live with him in a basement, (I've been sick for almost 2 months because of the conditions, poor food quality,) he won't file for the AOS because he hasn't done his taxes and other reasons he won't say, and he's spent all the money his mother gave us in July to file for the AOS. Keeps telling me that he spent it on me but none of it adds up. 😞 He's tried setting me up for under the table jobs he knows I can't do and then I'm labelled a bad person for not taking them.

So, I'm pretty sure I'm illegal now and I'm really nervous about it. I'm also not sure what to do and if this is even the right thread for this. 

I'm a mess. I really didn't expect any of this and I'm really scared about what to do or what I can do. I sure as hell can't afford to eat, let alone pack all my stuff and my cat to go back. 

I gave up everything for him. Home, job, family, friends...

I'm really scared, guys. I cry every day because I don't know what to do. 😭

23 minutes ago, Lotts said:

Congratulations, @KBA!!! This is awesome news!!! All you lucky people with your great news and such. It's lovely to read. 💜

It's been really tough and $h!t for me, if I'm honest. Had a great couple of months and then he's turned into some kind of control freak who is hell bent on blaming everything on me. I live with him in a basement, (I've been sick for almost 2 months because of the conditions, poor food quality,) he won't file for the AOS because he hasn't done his taxes and other reasons he won't say, and he's spent all the money his mother gave us in July to file for the AOS. Keeps telling me that he spent it on me but none of it adds up. 😞 He's tried setting me up for under the table jobs he knows I can't do and then I'm labelled a bad person for not taking them.

So, I'm pretty sure I'm illegal now and I'm really nervous about it. I'm also not sure what to do and if this is even the right thread for this. 

I'm a mess. I really didn't expect any of this and I'm really scared about what to do or what I can do. I sure as hell can't afford to eat, let alone pack all my stuff and my cat to go back. 

I gave up everything for him. Home, job, family, friends...

I'm really scared, guys. I cry every day because I don't know what to do. 😭

There have been others before you that have fallen into the same situation as yours. It's not healthy, I know. I'm assuming that you have married hence the reference to the AOS but I wanted to be sure. First you need to take one day at a time. Work on what you can accomplish. Their are food pantry's in your area. (https://211md.org/food-pantries) and (https://www.foodpantries.org/ci/md-baltimore) Get on the computer and locate one and get some healthy food. Next you need to decide are there reasons to continue living with this man. If you decide yes then their is a lot here that I see problematic but I also am not you nor do I have a first hand insight. That decision is yours. You can file yourself for a green card as a battered/abused wife. See the details here: https://www.uscis.gov/humanitarian/battered-spouse-children-parents. I would invite you to seek some help and a good place to start is at a church. They can help you with food and comfort.

Also, read this information from the IMBRA pamphlet https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Humanitarian/Battered Spouse%2C Children %26 Parents/IMBRA Pamphlet Final 01-07-2011 for Web Posting.pdf

Technically you are out of status if you have filed your AOS. They are not going to come looking for you. I do know of some couples who had filed a year or more for AOS and were approved but you better have a good excuse. In your case you will have one by then if anything were to become of your status. Right now this is the last thing you should be worried about.

If you feel that you are in a relationship that you no longer want to be a part of you can still leave the country and deal with this from afar but once you leave and you do not have a GC you will not be able to return as the K-1 visa is dead and you don't have a GC. But you will be in a better place and a much wiser woman. 

I wish you luck in solving your situation. 

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.