julyk12017

March 2018 NOA2 ---> NVC thread

2,723 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, Thelucybelle said:

Just checked the weather in Portsmouth, New Hampshire, home of the NVC. It’s going to be a cold but sunny week there so  no crazy weather to distract from us getting our case numbers! Wishing you all great start to a week filled with exciting news for all! xxx

i love that we are all becoming crazy stalkers and they teach us for free to do research and be pro active :D

this will all benefit us in our future life when we try to find a job in the US hahahaha

N-400: 12/05/2023 (confirmed fingerprints are re-used)

Interview scheduled for: 05/09/2024

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
On 3/16/2018 at 9:37 PM, John & Rose said:

I guess we all have our own stresses.  I was hoping that your journey stress would be lessened but school stress isn't great either.

This is the CEAC site...

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?eQs=WwjqOlbeRYzCYubaSQI+RA==

Sorry to bother you again. I tried to check on the website, but I think I'm doing something wrong. Which is the correct case number to put? The uscis one starting with WAC.... or is it something else?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Finally rang NVC and they received my case on Friday! Exactly two weeks after approval (NOA2 March 2nd, NVC received March 16th). Now waiting for my case number... things are moving people, despite the snow!  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
1 hour ago, Swissmiss82 said:

i love that we are all becoming crazy stalkers and they teach us for free to do research and be pro active :D

this will all benefit us in our future life when we try to find a job in the US hahahaha

Well having avidly watched the weather there this past week I think it’s safe to say I’m going to research the warmest and driest place to live in  the USA 😂 I think I’ve lived in cold and freezing folllowed by hot and humid Philadelphia for way too long now!!

Edited by Thelucybelle

24 minutes ago, baggles said:

Sorry to bother you again. I tried to check on the website, but I think I'm doing something wrong. Which is the correct case number to put? The uscis one starting with WAC.... or is it something else?

You need the number assigned by NVC, not the WAC number.  You can call them and they will give you the number if they have it.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
Just now, John & Rose said:

You need the number assigned by NVC, not the WAC number.  You can call them and they will give you the number if they have it.

Oh, I see. I thought it was a way to check the NVC case number by myself, without having to call. Thank you! 

Couldn't resist, and just called NVC.

Got a rude rep (just my luck), who got snippy with me and told me "It's gonna take us up to 6 weeks to get a case." Happy Monday! :bonk:

K-1

Spoiler

Mailed I-129F:   5 September, 2017

Received:  8 September, 2017
I-129F NOA1:    11 September, 2017

I-129F NOA2:     8 March, 2018

NVC Received:  20 March, 2018

NVC # Assigned: 22 March, 2018

Consulate Rec'd:  28 March, 2018

Medical:   24 April, 2018

Interview:   8 May, 2018

Visa on Hand:   21 May, 2018

POE:   8 June, 2018 (Manchester > Boston > Pittsburgh)

Legal Marriage:    27 June, 2018

Traditional Wedding: 7 October, 2018

AOS/EAD

Mailed Packet:   8 September, 2018

NOA1:  13 September, 2018

Biometrics: 19 October, 2018

EAD Approval:   5 February, 2019

Interview: 4 March, 2019

Approval Notice: 4 March, 2019

RoC

Mailed Packet:   8 February, 2021

Packet Received: 12 February, 2021

NOA1:  20 March, 2021

Biometrics: September 2021

RFE: 13 July, 2022

RFE Submitted: Soon

Interview: Waiting

Approval: Waiting

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I called this morning and no case number yet (NOA2 3/1; NVC received Thurs. 3/15). They apparently had high call volume since I had to call twice just to be able to wait on hold. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
On 3/18/2018 at 3:49 AM, Thelucybelle said:

Received my hard copy NOA2 in the mail today and my actual approval date was March 9th but was only notified via e mail on the 13th. Always an added bonus to discover you are 4 days further ahead in the process than you thought!! 😛

Exactly the same. I will try to convince my soon to be significant other to call, he doesn't want to because in the letter they said 30 days. As far as I know the beneficiary can call NVC too, so I will give a try on this Friday

2 minutes ago, Corgi11 said:

Was told to hit option 5 today, the lady who answered told me yes my case was received on March 15th but the case number hasnt been assigned and that i'll hear back once its sent to the consulate (can take a certain amount of weeks etc) 

Do you guys keep calling everyday if they give you this answer? 

I'm in the option 5 group too. I'll keep calling everyday until they tell me case # has been assigned and what it is.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
2 hours ago, Jessica829 said:

I called this morning and no case number yet (NOA2 3/1; NVC received Thurs. 3/15). They apparently had high call volume since I had to call twice just to be able to wait on hold. 

I also just called; NOA2 3/2 but they haven't received my case yet. Booo :wacko:

05-04-2018: Married :jest:

AOS/EAD:

05-07-2018: Packet mailed via USPS

05-10-2018: Official NOA1 date

05-17-2018: NOA1 email/text

05-22-2018: NOA1 letter received

06-01-2018: RFE issued

06-13-2018: RFE received in the mail

06-25-2018: Response to RFE sent

06-27-2018: Response to RFE arrived at USCIS

07-07-2018: Change in online status: RFE response received 

07-10-2018: Biometrics (went before appointment & to a different office)

07-12-2018: AOS case status updated to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview”

09-29-2018: EAD case status updated to "New card is being produced"

09-30-2018: EAD case status updated to "Case was approved"

10-01-2018: EAD case status updated to "Card was mailed to me"

10-05-2018: EAD card received in the mail

10-12-2018: SSN card received in the mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
30 minutes ago, turkishdelight said:

I also just called; NOA2 3/2 but they haven't received my case yet. Booo :wacko:

They received mine on Friday and we have the same NOA2, they don't make any sense... But keep ringing every day if you can, it should be there any min! 

3 hours ago, ineedadisplayname said:

Exactly the same. I will try to convince my soon to be significant other to call, he doesn't want to because in the letter they said 30 days. As far as I know the beneficiary can call NVC too, so I will give a try on this Friday

I’m in the exact same situation haha. He insisted on the 30 days. Let me know if you figure out a good way to convince yours it’s a good idea to call earlier than that 😄

h

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.