pontof

March 2018 I-129f Filers

2,295 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline
7 minutes ago, PaulMac said:

So now what. The waiting game eh? When should my fiance plan her interview (expect)? Country is Lithuania. Sept-october'ish?

By the way, would it be more difficult for her to get here for a bit (June-July) during the wait if she stayed here from Dec2017 to Feb-2018, and whole previous summer? She's on ESTA..

Thanks!

Pretty much. Wait, wait, wait and wait some more. Waiting and being patient could be two of my worst character traits.  :-D I've heard stories of how aggravating it was for people who started this process when it was only 3-4 months that turned into 5 then 6. I hope that doesn't happen to us rather hoping the time decreases :-)

I'm not sure how ESTA works. For a B2 tourist visa, my understanding is they can't stay more than 6 consecutive months at a time. So the law is they could leave the country and come right back. But it's risky because the agent at the entry airport will likely be skeptical and deny them. The immigration lawyer I spoke to (before deciding to go this process on our own) said that if they are denied entry, they should just say "I revoke my visit." They'll take away the visa and send them back, but it won't damage chances of having the K1 approved. If it becomes an issue and they are "deported" then things get complicated. But he also said that there's no reason they couldn't visit and no reason to deny the relationship if it's just a couple week vacation type thing. 

It's much easier and less complicated for me to visit my fiancé than for him to visit me due to the US being a pain in the butt about it. But I know that's not an option for many though. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
32 minutes ago, ChuAni said:

Congrats! 🇳🇬💖🇺🇸😉😍

Recently, all K-1s go to CSC. When it is indicated to be a Special Case (maybe Criminal Record issue), it is transferred to another Centre (most cases, Vermont).

Thanks ☺️♥️♥️

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline

ESTA is like an electonic permit to visit USA. She almost always got questioned at the border because she mentioned that we are engaged for a while. But never denied entry. 

The reason im asking is that i’ll get there in a month for a week or two. My workplace is not as lenient on vacations, especially when 3 of my

co-workers are going on maternity leave.. for her, its not a problem to come here or get a vacation from work for month (hence she stayed here 3months twice over two years). So it kinda makes sense for her to come here and stay, especially that she finally met new friends here, going to the gym, shopping and generally lived a normal life besides working.. but never overstayed, broke the law, or anything like that so as i read on here that You can come but it might be pain in a butt to do so because of K-1 and border’s suspicions.

thanks!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
43 minutes ago, PaulMac said:

So now what. The waiting game eh? When should my fiance plan her interview (expect)? Country is Lithuania. Sept-october'ish?

By the way, would it be more difficult for her to get here for a bit (June-July) during the wait if she stayed here from Dec2017 to Feb-2018, and whole previous summer? She's on ESTA..

Thanks!

Have you filled out your timeline yet? It's a good way to get estimates of when you can expect the next step (the NOA2) to come, and it adjusts itself based on information from other VJers.

***K-1 Visa***

NOA1:         03/01/18 (old site)

03/06/18 (new site)

NOA2:         09/04/18

Interview:   12/27/18

Visa Rcvd:   01/09/19

POE Date:    01/27/19

Married:       02/22/19

***Adjustment of Status***

Sent:             03/07/19

NOA1:           03/15/19

Biometrics:  04/11/19

Ready:           04/24/19

EAD/AP:        08/20/19

Card Rcvd:    08/26/19

***Removal of Conditions***

Sent:             11/17/21

NOA1:           11/20/21

24-month Extension: Received

48-month Extension: Received

Approval:     02/20/24

***Naturalization***

Sent:             10/05/23

NOA1:           10/05/23

Biometrics:  10/25/23

Interview:     02/12/24

Oath:             03/27/24

============================================

Case Status Online: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline

Hi!

No i didn’t. I just dont want to throw out so much personal info to the web and knowing the estimations wont help with the wait time so i’m just gonna wait and thats it :) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline
5 hours ago, PaulMac said:

Thanks!

As far as other people in the forum said, they had no problem when visiting while waiting for the Visa, especially before getting the approval from USCIS. It is recommend to take some proof of ties to the country like a letter from her employer stating they expect her to be back on xx date and the NOA1 letter to show she his going through the process to do it lawfuly. 

Some people mentioned they where sent to secondary inspection, but had no problems.

The only thing I can see that can be a problem is although there are no time limits on a ESTA besides the 90 days on a row, if she already spent 5 to 6 months in the last 12 months the border office may not allow her to enter because it is not expected for a visitor to spend more than half the year on the US without a visa. But I guess it all comes to the descrition of the agent. Unless you are a citizen your entry in the US always depends on the CBP agent, even with a green card.

Maybe some more experienced person can give you more detailed experience.

I'm going to the US in April and hope everything to go smoothly.

Hello all!

Sent in on the 21st, received by Dallas Lockbox on the 24th. Been patiently waiting since then for NOA1.

Good afternoon all,

Just like many I wasn't going to create an account on here, but I decided to do it anyway to be able to read other success stories, I just send our I-129 last Friday 3/23, package arrived at their lock box on 3/27, now USPS states package is ready for pick up. Any approximate ideas on how long before our petition gets picked up?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline
Just now, DNZ14 said:

Good afternoon all,

Just like many I wasn't going to create an account on here, but I decided to do it anyway to be able to read other success stories, I just send our I-129 last Friday 3/23, package arrived at their lock box on 3/27, now USPS states package is ready for pick up. Any approximate ideas on how long before our petition gets picked up?

With USPS PO box, it was the next day. My guess is they collect them daily. 

3 minutes ago, Alan&Alex said:

With USPS PO box, it was the next day. My guess is they collect them daily. 

Thank you for your quick reply, I guess I now have to play the waiting game.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to say hello to my fellow March 2018 petitioners. Texas received our pack on the 21st March and we received yesterday (28th March), notice by text and email that is was being sent to California.

I did get some bad news just now, I run a blog and someone on Instagram just messaged me saying she was on day 156 since the petition had reached California, uggghhhhh! 

Anyway goodluck to us all and i'm excited to be part of this forum! Now to try and get a photo that is small enough to be uploaded to this site! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 3/26/2018 at 10:49 AM, Alan&Alex said:

I've read somewhere that they receive an influx of H1-B visas in the spring but I wasn't able to confirm that or if it slowed down the process for the season. Anyone have insight into that?

Hey, I previously held an E2 visa in the USA and all it did was delay my lawyer from filling the paperwork lol.

However she did say that it would extend the time if we were to file before the H1-B filers had been processed. But she may have been talking nonsense 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Received an email and text notification yesterday. Case has been received and is routed to California Service Center...

GC Received : April 2021

I - 751

Documents Sent : 1/27/2023

5 hours ago, datnukkahd said:

Hello all!

Sent in on the 21st, received by Dallas Lockbox on the 24th. Been patiently waiting since then for NOA1.

welcome! sit back and relax and enjoy the journey

Luflolady

Jan 26th: Mailed I-129F

Jan 29th NOA1

Feb 2nd: Check Cashed

Feb 9th: rcvd hard copy of NOA1

Aug. 28th Notified of RFE being mailed

Sept. 1st received hard copy of RFE in the mail

Sept. 4th mailed response to RFE

Sept. 10th received txt that my response to RFE was received

Oct. 10th Received txt that we were approved (NOA2) 30days after RFE response

Oct. 13th received hard copy of NOA2

Oct. 31st case arrived at NVC

Nov 2nd received case number

Nov. 19th Case is "ready" to schedule an interview

Feb. 14th Interview (2019) APPROVED!!!!!!

AOS

July 24th: mailed AOS pkt

July 31st: received txt msg of receipt numbers for all documents

Aug 5th received NOA hard copies dated July 31st

Aug. 9th received Biometrics letter in the mail

Aug. 19th Biometrics appt.

Sept. 20th notified of RFE via website 

Sept. 25th Received hard copy of RFE (copy of BC)

Sept. 27th Sent response to RFE

Sept. 30th Response was delivered

Oct. 2nd... Response to evidence received updated on website

Feb 12, 2020 case is ready to schedule for interview

Feb 12, 2020 New card is being produced (EAD)
Feb 13, 2020 Notification that EAD  and AP was approved

Feb 18,2020 received hard copies of AP and EAD approval

Feb 18,2020 notification AOS interview scheduled and EAD mailed

Feb 20, 2020 received EAD card

Feb 24, 2020 received interview letter (March24th)

Aug 4, 2020 received notification of new interview date(rescheduled because of pandemic)

Sept. 14th new AOS interview
Oct. 30th AOS approval

Nov. 9th New card is being produced

On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 7:44 AM, PaulMac said:

Hi! Newbie here..

Sent on 15th.. delivered 17th.. sent with money order so no way to track that.  included the electronic notification form. Haven’t received anything yet.. getting anxious..

you can track a money order.... u should have a receipt that you kept for your records and on that receipt there should be a number you can call to check to see if the money order has been cashed....we sent ours via money order too

Luflolady

Jan 26th: Mailed I-129F

Jan 29th NOA1

Feb 2nd: Check Cashed

Feb 9th: rcvd hard copy of NOA1

Aug. 28th Notified of RFE being mailed

Sept. 1st received hard copy of RFE in the mail

Sept. 4th mailed response to RFE

Sept. 10th received txt that my response to RFE was received

Oct. 10th Received txt that we were approved (NOA2) 30days after RFE response

Oct. 13th received hard copy of NOA2

Oct. 31st case arrived at NVC

Nov 2nd received case number

Nov. 19th Case is "ready" to schedule an interview

Feb. 14th Interview (2019) APPROVED!!!!!!

AOS

July 24th: mailed AOS pkt

July 31st: received txt msg of receipt numbers for all documents

Aug 5th received NOA hard copies dated July 31st

Aug. 9th received Biometrics letter in the mail

Aug. 19th Biometrics appt.

Sept. 20th notified of RFE via website 

Sept. 25th Received hard copy of RFE (copy of BC)

Sept. 27th Sent response to RFE

Sept. 30th Response was delivered

Oct. 2nd... Response to evidence received updated on website

Feb 12, 2020 case is ready to schedule for interview

Feb 12, 2020 New card is being produced (EAD)
Feb 13, 2020 Notification that EAD  and AP was approved

Feb 18,2020 received hard copies of AP and EAD approval

Feb 18,2020 notification AOS interview scheduled and EAD mailed

Feb 20, 2020 received EAD card

Feb 24, 2020 received interview letter (March24th)

Aug 4, 2020 received notification of new interview date(rescheduled because of pandemic)

Sept. 14th new AOS interview
Oct. 30th AOS approval

Nov. 9th New card is being produced

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.