pontof

March 2018 I-129f Filers

2,295 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 3/13/2018 at 1:27 PM, kinjon said:

Hi all!! Sent the packet in on March 3rd, packet was received on March 6th and received electronic NOA1 March 9th! My fiancé’s from Toronto and I can’t wait for him to join me over here in SF! (We also compiled everything ourselves... hopefully we did it right!!!) 

We have almost the same timeline and mine is from Ottawa! We should stay in contact for when we get to the consulate stage. I'm worried about him having to make a trip to Montreal twice, once for medical and another for the interview, luckily he isn't too far by train. I've heard it can take up to 3 months or longer to get an interview slot but that the interview is only like five questions. I want him here by the end of the year but I'm not sure how reasonable that is. Trying not to get too far ahead of myself,  but I have too much time to think and read VJ O:-) Good luck to you guys! 

AOS/EAD/AP Filed: April 5, 2019 
NOA 1: April 12, 2019
Biometrics Appointment: May 8, 2019
RFIE Rec'd: June 21, 2019 - Request for long form birth certificate

RFIE Reply Sent: July 16, 2019
AOS Interview Date: October 3, 2019, APPROVED 

Green card Received: October 10, 2019

i-751 Filed: September 21, 2021

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, BananaButton5 said:

We have almost the same timeline and mine is from Ottawa! We should stay in contact for when we get to the consulate stage. I'm worried about him having to make a trip to Montreal twice, once for medical and another for the interview, luckily he isn't too far by train. I've heard it can take up to 3 months or longer to get an interview slot but that the interview is only like five questions. I want him here by the end of the year but I'm not sure how reasonable that is. Trying not to get too far ahead of myself,  but I have too much time to think and read VJ O:-) Good luck to you guys! 

Hi! How coincidental! Lets definitely keep in touch and hopefully both of us will have the same progress through this journey! I'm really hoping for my fiance to be here by the end of the year as well! hopefully we're not too optimistic :') wishing us both the best of luck and may time be on our side!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Crossing my fingers as well, hoping that my fiance will be here before the holidays. I've been watching some of the other monthly threads for clues on how fast the CSC is working through the backlog and so far there's some hope. My timeline has already shifted to about the middle of September. My birthday is in the first week of September, so an approval by then (or maybe earlier, like July or August.....would that be asking too much??) would be a really nice birthday gift. :crying:

***K-1 Visa***

NOA1:         03/01/18 (old site)

03/06/18 (new site)

NOA2:         09/04/18

Interview:   12/27/18

Visa Rcvd:   01/09/19

POE Date:    01/27/19

Married:       02/22/19

***Adjustment of Status***

Sent:             03/07/19

NOA1:           03/15/19

Biometrics:  04/11/19

Ready:           04/24/19

EAD/AP:        08/20/19

Card Rcvd:    08/26/19

***Removal of Conditions***

Sent:             11/17/21

NOA1:           11/20/21

24-month Extension: Received

48-month Extension: Received

Approval:     02/20/24

***Naturalization***

Sent:             10/05/23

NOA1:           10/05/23

Biometrics:  10/25/23

Interview:     02/12/24

Oath:             03/27/24

============================================

Case Status Online: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
15 hours ago, crono_clone said:

Crossing my fingers as well, hoping that my fiance will be here before the holidays. I've been watching some of the other monthly threads for clues on how fast the CSC is working through the backlog and so far there's some hope. My timeline has already shifted to about the middle of September. My birthday is in the first week of September, so an approval by then (or maybe earlier, like July or August.....would that be asking too much??) would be a really nice birthday gift. :crying:

We filled yesterday at the post office ! My birthday is the first week of September also! That would be an awesome birthday gift! Blessings to all March filers!!☺️💕☺️💕🙏🏾

On 3/14/2018 at 2:39 AM, Ana_and_Derek said:

I just mailed our packet this morning. I'm nervous and excited and a bit relieved that this part is over.

We assembled our packet by ourselves with no attorney, so it was somewhat stressful, wringing our hands over ambiguities with the I-129F. I think we've filled it out the best that we can, so fingers crossed that it gets accepted!

My fiance and I mailed on the same day with you! And we made the package ourselves without attorney. Now I’m guessing that we are likely getting NOA1 early next week. 

So, fingers crossed for every March filers! And hopefully the process will get faster :) 

03/14/2018 I-129f Petition sent 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Sent our package in today! So much excitement and anxiety already. Looking forward to sharing our experience here and reading about everyone else's as well.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 3/17/2018 at 3:51 PM, Mike&Dani said:

Sent our package in today! So much excitement and anxiety already. Looking forward to sharing our experience here and reading about everyone else's as well.

Third Brazilian here!! Welcome and good luck!! :D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline

Hi all!

My Salvadorian fiancé and I mailed ours off March 5th and received the NOA1 March 12th. We were sent to the California Service Center.

At first, we consulted a lawyer. But after seeing the 2500 + fees price tag and reading people's stories here, we decided to do it all ourselves.

It kills me that we have to wait so long for this process! And this crackdown on immigration has me nervous that something will change by the time he may be approved. But, I'm hopeful and very thankful that I work remote so can spend one to two weeks at a time visiting him each month! It definitely helps as otherwise, I'd go crazy. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
19 hours ago, Alan&Alex said:

Hi all!

My Salvadorian fiancé and I mailed ours off March 5th and received the NOA1 March 12th. We were sent to the California Service Center.

At first, we consulted a lawyer. But after seeing the 2500 + fees price tag and reading people's stories here, we decided to do it all ourselves.

It kills me that we have to wait so long for this process! And this crackdown on immigration has me nervous that something will change by the time he may be approved. But, I'm hopeful and very thankful that I work remote so can spend one to two weeks at a time visiting him each month! It definitely helps as otherwise, I'd go crazy. 

2500?! Wow! Since we never considered hiring a lawyer, I had no clue it could be so expensive!

Timeline
19 hours ago, Alan&Alex said:

Hi all!

Salvadoran fiancee here as well. I wish I can find more information on the embassy approval rate

Timeline
19 minutes ago, JayHouser said:

Salvadoran fiancee here as well. I wish I can find more information on the embassy approval rate

Me too. I spent hours searching at the beginning of the process but couldn't find much. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.