3,193 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
7 hours ago, BJ & Christine said:

You can look at it two different ways. Either you're an extremely late February person who gets an approval. Or hopefully one of the first people in March to gets an approval. Either way in the end you're going to receive your approval and everything's going to be good

True! I'm enjoying being in the group either way hehe

Timeline
7 hours ago, Verona and Andrew said:

I am 27th of February old website and 2nd of March on the new website. We are March filers :) Hopefully next week they start approving our months 😉

We can wait together haha 

1 hour ago, Bambi_Eyes9390 said:

I'm just hoping and praying that we get our approvals soon, I get so happy seeing our group fill up with approval messages!!

I feel like the wait has been harder this past month than since February because now we feel like we are so close.

I'm feeling very very excited tonight as I finally got my flight booked to go and see my fiancé in October for 4weeks!! I'm so geeked to see him, plus we're hoping to have at least heard SOMETHING by the time I fly out. So now I'm planning to focus on counting down to that date instead of stressing about our NOA2 coming because at least with the flight, I actually have a date to look forward to now. Just praying for a smooth transition through immigration when I land there as I'm flying on the ESTA 😕

Keeping everyone in my prayers tonight for lots of approvals next week 💞

Dont worry about that. I flew 2 times while waiting for the NOA2 and never had a problem.

Im flying to him on September 12 again for 7 weeks to distract from waiting!

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Toastbear said:

Dont worry about that. I flew 2 times while waiting for the NOA2 and never had a problem.

Im flying to him on September 12 again for 7 weeks to distract from waiting!

Phew! That makes me feel better! 

AHH that's soon!! I hope you have a great time!

Just now, Bambi_Eyes9390 said:

Phew! That makes me feel better! 

AHH that's soon!! I hope you have a great time!

Yeah im stressing out all the time too. Like rn im kinda stressing out because i usually go for only 2 weeks and without my dog. this time 7 weeks with dog. But im just gonna bring enough evidence in case they put me into secondary.

So you should not worry about it at all. Just tell them "visiting my fiance" and have your backflight printed and some proof, like that you work or study, that you have an apartment. maybe an insurance? Print out whatever you can find. I never needed that but better safe than sorry!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello everyone, I got a rfe, USCIS is requesting an intent to marry from the beneficiary. Can my fiance email me his intent to marry to me? Will it be acceptable? Or does he need to write and mail it which is likely going to be over a month to receive it.

13 minutes ago, Bigbright said:

Hello everyone, I got a rfe, USCIS is requesting an intent to marry from the beneficiary. Can my fiance email me his intent to marry to me? Will it be acceptable? Or does he need to write and mail it which is likely going to be over a month to receive it.

No, he needs to send it via mail. They want a wet signature.

I dont really know how much time you have to respond, but thats what the instructions say: wet signature.

Also if you need it faster than you gotta pay extra for fast delivery

Edited by Toastbear

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Toastbear said:

No, he needs to send it via mail. They want a wet signature.

I dont really know how much time you have to respond, but thats what the instructions say: wet signature.

Also if you need it faster than you gotta pay extra for fast delivery

It’s not required .. this is from a previous post where they talked at length.. the onlybwet signature you need is on the petition.

A wet signature for the letter of intent to marry from the beneficiary hasn't been required for a couple years now. You cannot use a digital signature, but a scanned version should be fine.

The letter of intent to marry is considered supporting evidence.

In the past, it might result in an RFE, but they aren't doing this anymore. Even the I-130 no longer requires the beneficiary's signature anymore (if outside the US).

Edited December 21, 2017 by geowrian “

8 hours ago, Styx said:

Thank you!!! We are super excited. We are still trying to process it in our head that we got approved! We were sure but after waiting for so long it feels that the approval day never comes... 😂😂😂

My very welcome!! Same here I'm super excited when I received mine in the mail, no update in website, no txt msg and no emails!!🤣🤣😬😬

Edited by Shelbydale

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Shelbydale said:

Can anyone help me, what to do next after receiving noa2?? PLEASEEE!!❤️

It is harder to give you complete details because you do not have what embassy you will be interviewing. I believe this might help 

.... also other then getting the necessary paperwork ready for the interview together and reading the reviews here on VJ for the embassy you will have to wait for a case number from the NVC. I haven't received mine yet but that is mostly the details given to many other people on previous pages of this thread... good luck

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
14 hours ago, RickE said:

Feb 5 new site...still

waiting 😑 

Same here 😕 Feb 7th for the new site.
My fiancé was able to talk to someone from USCIS and they told him that we should have an answer by September 14th. But it falls exactly on the dreaded 225th day. (Old website is February 2nd) I'm pretty sure we won't even get an answer before that.

Edited by TrickorTea

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
25 minutes ago, TrickorTea said:

Same here 😕 Feb 7th for the new site.
My fiancé was able to talk to someone from USCIS and they told him that we should have an answer by September 14th. But it falls exactly on the dreaded 225th day. (Old website is February 2nd) I'm pretty sure we won't even get an answer before that.

@TrickorTea Aww we’re Feb 08 (old site) filer. We also called uscis and my fiance was advised the same thing too that we should wait for another 2 weeks. It’s depressing I know.  ☹️☹️

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi All,

Maybe someone has information: how long does it usually take to get your RFE (to mail it physically after it was generated)?

We were told that it was generated on 02/27 but it wasn't still mailed. Tier 2 told us that it could take 1 month, I don't want to believe in that 😓

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.