3,193 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Swiftgrl13 said:

Hi @BJ & Christine,

I have a quick question - I read that you received RFE, could you please share your experience:

- Tier 1 said that decision was taken, but he wasn't able to tell what it was RFE or NOA2 so we asked for Tier 2, and he told us that we received RFE and it was mailed on 08/28, but our case status still the same "case was received" on both web sites. Has the status of your case changed after you were told about RFE? If yes, how many days did it took?

I'm worrying that they 1) forgot to send it 2) maybe Tier2 looked at different case and was mistaken (just stupid hope, I know..)

Thank you very much for the answer in advance 😃

It takes a few days for the update to appear on the web site. It's not going to say any more then what already know. Nothing. Sorry, that the God's honest truth. I just answered someone with how to call and ask for a faxed copy or for the Tier 2 agent read it to you. There is no forgetting to send it. They sent it, believe me.

Maybe this will help you to understand RFE's and what others have experienced.

Here is the link to the RFE thread:

http://www.visajourn...fe-master-list/

Here is the link to the actual document in google docs: 

https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

12 hours ago, Scott Br said:

image.thumb.png.d6b1360d58bd157b66693d9d18f2ebe3.png

At long last.  Old site NOA1 Feb 20 and New site Feb 22.  Case updated on the Old site.  Not on the new one.

Congratulations. You know what to do next to get ready for the interview at USEM?

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

yes

1 hour ago, Greenbaum said:

Call USCIS. Tell them you would like a copy of the RFE faxed to you because you are on a deadline that can’t be extended. A tier 2 is the only one that has access to those systems. They can also read it to you and let you know what they are requesting. This sometimes works and sometimes it doesn't. But give it a try.

Thank you , God Bless!

4 hours ago, dkmfan85 said:

Unfortunately, no. You just have to wait for the RFE to arrive in the mail to know what the issue is.

Thanks for the info...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, americaninlove said:

I got the same email yesterday and today logged into the old site to see it says an RFE was sent today. I guess we are in the same boat. NOA1 Feb 16th so it's been a LOT of waiting only to find out it's going to take even longer and who knows why!!

I guess we just have to update each other and hope for the Best in all of Us.

Timeline

Can the beneficiary call USCIS and ask about case status? Or does it have to be a petitioner?

Noa1 old website: 27th of February

Noa1 new website: 2nd of March

Noa2: 05.09.2018

NVC case number assigned: 24.09.2018

NVC READY: 06.11.2018

Interview at Warsaw embassy: 08.11.2018

In the USA: 21.11.2018

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
45 minutes ago, Verona and Andrew said:

Can the beneficiary call USCIS and ask about case status? Or does it have to be a petitioner?

Only the petitioner can.

Timeline
24 minutes ago, Lucy&Jason said:

Only the petitioner can.

Thanks 

Noa1 old website: 27th of February

Noa1 new website: 2nd of March

Noa2: 05.09.2018

NVC case number assigned: 24.09.2018

NVC READY: 06.11.2018

Interview at Warsaw embassy: 08.11.2018

In the USA: 21.11.2018

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
6 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

It takes a few days for the update to appear on the web site. It's not going to say any more then what already know. Nothing. Sorry, that the God's honest truth. I just answered someone with how to call and ask for a faxed copy or for the Tier 2 agent read it to you. There is no forgetting to send it. They sent it, believe me.

Maybe this will help you to understand RFE's and what others have experienced.

Here is the link to the RFE thread:

http://www.visajourn...fe-master-list/

Here is the link to the actual document in google docs: 

https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

I appreciate your answer, thank you very very very much!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

so I yelled at my SO today... I've been so impatient when it comes to the wait but he doesn't seem to care :( he's like, let's wait till mid Sep to call USCIS and worst case worse we can try CR-1 instead... I was like DUDE seriously? You know nothing! Sorry, rant over. The whole process is killing me.... 

10 minutes ago, Jen_1987 said:

so I yelled at my SO today... I've been so impatient when it comes to the wait but he doesn't seem to care :( he's like, let's wait till mid Sep to call USCIS and worst case worse we can try CR-1 instead... I was like DUDE seriously? You know nothing! Sorry, rant over. The whole process is killing me.... 

Aww I see where you're coming from. My SO doesnt really know anything about the next steps either and just let's me organize everything because I'm researching a lot. So he prolly doesnt even know about the Cr-1. The only problem I have is with him wanting me to be there asap and I always need to explain why it's still a long time since we still haven't heard anything back. That's frustrating too.

6 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Congratulations. You know what to do next to get ready for the interview at USEM?

You have provided much information on the direction to take Greenbaum.  I am heading over there in a month to be with her during the interview.  Just a lucky break my company wants me over there for a temporary assignment.  The stars are aligning.

x

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Toastbear said:

Aww I see where you're coming from. My SO doesnt really know anything about the next steps either and just let's me organize everything because I'm researching a lot. So he prolly doesnt even know about the Cr-1. The only problem I have is with him wanting me to be there asap and I always need to explain why it's still a long time since we still haven't heard anything back. That's frustrating too.

It's really annoying that girls do all the research to tell the boys why it's taking so long. I needed to rant so bad cuz I started to get depressed but I'm relieved that I'm not the only one! 

4 minutes ago, Jen_1987 said:

It's really annoying that girls do all the research to tell the boys why it's taking so long. I needed to rant so bad cuz I started to get depressed but I'm relieved that I'm not the only one! 

Haven't they learned happy wife, happy life?  Trust me, I have.  Which is why I am the impatient one in the relationship, and have been the one following up with USCIS every day until I got answers.  Hope they listen to you and can be the pest and call.

x

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.