3,193 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
11 hours ago, Lucy&Jason said:

USCIS accepts a scanned copy. Ask her to print her Intent to Marry have it signed and scan it for you. It don’t need to be in wet signature as long as the beneficiary signed it.

Thanks, that is really easy then. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Just got my biweekly inactivity email. Says my case hasn't been touched since our expedite denial, but have been informed by officers an RFE was generated on Aug 27. So I officially have lost confidence in the websites😖. Back to the blind waiting game.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
11 hours ago, Swiftgrl13 said:

Your post gives me a hope that we will receive our RFE next week.

if you don’t mind me asking, what was the reason of your RFE?

Proof of meeting in the last 2 years! Sent back a 3 ring binder that weighed 2 pounds 😜😜😜

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 hours ago, rbrow5 said:

No email, no notification, found our letter in the mailbox together during a visit!

NOA1 old - 5 Feb

NOA1 new - 9 Feb

NOA2 - 17 Aug

:)

Congrats! That's so nice that you were able to be together to experience that! So special :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 hours ago, Dawn&Jose said:

Just got my biweekly inactivity email. Says my case hasn't been touched since our expedite denial, but have been informed by officers an RFE was generated on Aug 27. So I officially have lost confidence in the websites😖. Back to the blind waiting game.

We are in the same situation 😣

it feels like this process / blind waiting game would never been finished 😢

On 8/30/2018 at 5:20 AM, Swiftgrl13 said:

It’s strange that they haven’t updated the case status, isn’t it?

I hope that they have already sent letters (as it was said by phone) and both of us will receive ours REFs soon and will be able to fix it finally.

Yeah it is strange, but I think I’ve come to expect the unexpected when it comes to USCIS 😂😂 but I am sure it will be something small, and we can get it sent back in quickly 😊 let me know how you get on 👍🏻

Update: RFE appeared in the post yesterday asking for a simple yes/no if my fiancé had committed some sort of fellany. Haven’t seen a pic of it yet. But it was a simple ‘no’ and a signature underneath. Mailed back today so fingers crossed it won’t be too long now 😊

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
1 hour ago, BJ & Christine said:

Rfe showed up in mail today. Easy ish fix.

Want copy of my first marriage divorce decree. Sadly I dont seem to have that. Must of lost that in the second divorce also.😂😜😂😜😂.

apparently divorceing, remarrying, divorcing once again is not good enough. Sent 2nd divorce decree in but not the first.

oh well.... to the court house on Tuesday first thing to get the copy and mail it off certified next day air. 😁

Weird. I may be in the same boat then considering I included my second divorce decree but not my first. However both marriages were to the same person so will have to wait and see. That could be kinda funny actually. Hopefully will hear something next week since my NOA1 date is 2/26.

6 minutes ago, Becksnjessie said:

Update: RFE appeared in the post yesterday asking for a simple yes/no if my fiancé had committed some sort of fellany. Haven’t seen a pic of it yet. But it was a simple ‘no’ and a signature underneath. Mailed back today so fingers crossed it won’t be too long now 😊

Oh nice. Just got my mail and nothing. And just for fun Monday is a holiday so I will just keep waiting. Oh well. 

3 minutes ago, americaninlove said:

Oh nice. Just got my mail and nothing. And just for fun Monday is a holiday so I will just keep waiting. Oh well. 

I’m sorry, that sucks ☹️ I’m sure it wil arrive on Tuesday though, try to keep your head up. Just a few more days 👍🏻👍🏻

Reading those stories of people just getting "forgotten" really makes me anxious. Like I dont mind the wait at all, but reading about how many people dont get any answer for a very long time and then they ask and nobody can help them... It just feels weird. Like how do you know your case is fine and they just check stuff.

203 Days now... 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I wish I had found this thread earlier! We filed Feb. 22. I should hear something back next week. But from other comments I’ve read I shouldn’t expect anything. I’m so nervous and excited about this. It’s been such a long road! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
53 minutes ago, Toastbear said:

Reading those stories of people just getting "forgotten" really makes me anxious. Like I dont mind the wait at all, but reading about how many people dont get any answer for a very long time and then they ask and nobody can help them... It just feels weird. Like how do you know your case is fine and they just check stuff.

203 Days now... 

I’m feeling the exact same! So nervous about it all.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.