3,193 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

So I have heard that with some new law apparently that is making it really hard almost impossible for people to get a job/hired in the U.S. now ... that employers have to show that there is no U.S. Citizen qualified to fill the position? 🙄😒🤔 something about not being able to work until you are a citizen? Has anyone heard anything about this? This terrifies me.. if it is true, how are any of the fiancés coming into America going to find jobs! 

18 minutes ago, Em&B said:

So I have heard that with some new law apparently that is making it really hard almost impossible for people to get a job/hired in the U.S. now ... that employers have to show that there is no U.S. Citizen qualified to fill the position? 🙄😒🤔 something about not being able to work until you are a citizen? Has anyone heard anything about this? This terrifies me.. if it is true, how are any of the fiancés coming into America going to find jobs! 

Huh?

With EAD or a GC, a foreign national is legally able to work in the US.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Em&B said:

U must be surfing fb. Stop it. Lol

Ther is no such law in place nor being discussed. U only need to prove ur a able and eligible to work in America.

event.png

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do OLD SITE

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ NEW SITE

https://www.house.gov/representatives US Congressmen 

https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm US Senators 

IN REGARDS TO WHICH DATE TO USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noa1 date is actually they date on ur hard copy. Sadly if u reach the magical 220 day u must wait till 225 to contact Uscis. They use what the new site says. Even if ur paper says X date. 

They added 5 days onto everyone’s accepted on NOA1

Timeline

Just doing some research about the next couple of months! Was wondering if anyone has any information on the health insurance situation- before adjustment of status and until i can be added to my partners plan, will standard travel insurance cover me or is there a specific type of health insurance for k1 visa?

Timeline
39 minutes ago, Em&B said:

I'm pretty sure this only applies to people looking for work visas i.e they will not provide a visa for somebody to work in america if an american citizen can fill the position. You will legally be allowed to work in the US so this will not affect you 

Timeline
57 minutes ago, BJ & Christine said:

Ther is no such law in place nor being discussed. U only need to prove ur a able and eligible to work in America.

57 minutes ago, BJ & Christine said:

That is such a relief!! My fiancé was telling me about it that his friend had seen or heard about it and was causing him not to get a job so he went back to Saudi Arabia ... I didn’t understand it myself and it didn’t make much sense but I just figured I would try to find out about it... it wouldn’t make any sense at all with all the people coming into America and having to wait what 10 years lol for citizenship or whatever it is to actually start a job 

Timeline
45 minutes ago, rbrow5 said:

I'm pretty sure this only applies to people looking for work visas i.e they will not provide a visa for somebody to work in america if an american citizen can fill the position. You will legally be allowed to work in the US so this will not affect you 

Ohhh.. so basically it only applies to people that may request a work visa only for example someone trying to come over here to work not to get married? 

The work permit that a fiance would recieve after getting married would be different from the work visa? Sorry I’m all new to this immigration stuff and what’s going on with it lol 

Edited by Em&B

Timeline
1 minute ago, Em&B said:

Ohhh.. so basically it only applies to people that may request a work visa only for example someone trying to come over here to work not to get married? 

I don't think it's a law and it's definitely not new but that's the only similar thing I can think of! I know there are a lot of issues with work visa's currently.

As far as i am aware you will be treated as any US citizen would be in the jobs department- so wouldn't worry too much!

Timeline
1 hour ago, rbrow5 said:

Just doing some research about the next couple of months! Was wondering if anyone has any information on the health insurance situation- before adjustment of status and until i can be added to my partners plan, will standard travel insurance cover me or is there a specific type of health insurance for k1 visa?

Beneficiary can get health insurance once married thru petitioners employer. If, petitioner has health insurance. Most likely need to send in copy of marriage license.

event.png

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do OLD SITE

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ NEW SITE

https://www.house.gov/representatives US Congressmen 

https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm US Senators 

IN REGARDS TO WHICH DATE TO USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noa1 date is actually they date on ur hard copy. Sadly if u reach the magical 220 day u must wait till 225 to contact Uscis. They use what the new site says. Even if ur paper says X date. 

They added 5 days onto everyone’s accepted on NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline
44 minutes ago, Laanie said:

I had a detailed dream about receiving approval on my case. 

I woke up around 6:30am... a bit down, knowing that it had been a dream.

Plus it was Saturday so I didn't want to dishearten myself by checking the status. 

BUT 2 minutes after waking up from the dream, I heard a 'ding' on my phone. USCIS had taken action on my case. 

After anxiously fumbling to check the case status, I saw that I was approved online (new website) on September 1. I started trembling and crying. 

It was the most uncanny thing that ever happened to me.

I know it is so hard, but trust! You'll soon be with your loves. I'm sending much positive energy your way. 

NOA1: Feb 20 (old site)/Feb 22 (new site)

NOA2: September 1

(No change on the old website.)

omg I love this! Congratulations! 🎉

2018 K1 Filing to Approval: 322 days (RFE 29 Days)

Spoiler

I-129F mailed: Jan 26 2018

NOA1: Jan 29 2018 (old site), Feb 2 2018 (new site)

RFE: Aug 30 2018 (old site updated 8/30; new site 8/31 w/email and text)

RFE hard copy: rec'd 9/4; ret'd 9/6 (old site updated 9/7; new site 9/10, no text/email)

NOA2: Oct 5 2018 [249 days]  (old site updated 10/5; new site 10/7, no text/email)

Case #: Oct 31 2018 [27 days] (called to get number, no email from NVC)

Left NVC: Nov 13 2018 

Consulate Rec'd (DHL): Nov 19 2018

CEAC 'Ready' status: Nov 29 2018

Interview: Dec 17 2018 [Approved!]

POE: Jan 10 2019 [Los Angeles]

Marriage: Jan 12 2019 :wub::dance:

2019 AOS Filing to Approval: 81 Days (No RFE, No Expedite)

Spoiler

AOS Mailed: Feb 19 2019

NOA1: Feb 25 2019 (I-485, I-765, I-131)

Biometrics Appt. Letter Rcv'd: Mar 8 2019

Biometrics Appointment: Mar 20 2019

Recv'd Interview Appt. Notice: Apr 15 2019 [I-485] (ready to schedule 4/10, scheduled 4/11; old site)

Interview: May 17 2019 [Cleveland, OH]

Approved: May 17 2019  :dance:

Green Card Received: May 24 2019

2021 ROC Filing to Approval: 534 Days (LIN; No RFE, No Interview)

Spoiler

ROC Mailed: Mar 5 2021 (delivered 3/12)

NOA1: Apr 5 2021 (txt rcvd 4/7, check cashed 4/7, mail rcvd 4/9) 

Biometrics Re-used Notice Rcv'd: Apr 30 2021

Approved: Sep 21 2022 :dance:

Green Card Received: Sep 28 2022

2022 N400 Filing to Oath: 154 Days (Cleveland Field Office; No RFE)

Spoiler

N400 Submitted: Jun 16 2022 (online)

NOA1: Jun 16 2022 (rcv'd snail mail 6/24)

Biometrics Re-used Notice Rcv'd: Jun 16 2022 (rcv'd snail mail 6/24)

Interview Scheduled: Sep 6 2022 (cancelled due to A-file not arrived in time)

Interview Re-scheduled: Oct 21 2022

Approved: Oct 21 2022 :dance:

Oath Ceremony: Nov 16 2022 :wow:🇺🇸

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

This thread has grown rather large, so it's being closed.  The continuation thread is here:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/683167-february-2018-i-129f-filers-part-ii/

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.